Salt is worse than you thought.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Health freaks have warned about the dangers of the overuse of salt for decades, albeit without providing much science in this regard. The late health guru Paul C. Bragg went on at length about salt suggesting that too much salt negatively affects just about every tissue in the body. Doctors seem fixated on the effect of salt on the blood pressure to the exclusion of any other bad effects, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this article which goes into some detail on the subject, and confirms what Bragg and others have said for many years.

I use way too much sodium in my diet...its the one thing I really need to correct...well that and reduce the beer intake....but I do drink a bunch of water...I carry a bottle of water wherever I go....

Not really. Alcohol dries you out. Without it your body is able to balance water more effectively. Same with salt.
I gave up beer a couple of years ago for 6 months...I did feel better and my workouts went smoother...I replaced the beer with water mixed with tart cherry juice...I think I will do this again starting today...plus I can save money...

Health freaks have warned about the dangers of the overuse of salt for decades, albeit without providing much science in this regard. The late health guru Paul C. Bragg went on at length about salt suggesting that too much salt negatively affects just about every tissue in the body. Doctors seem fixated on the effect of salt on the blood pressure to the exclusion of any other bad effects, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this article which goes into some detail on the subject, and confirms what Bragg and others have said for many years.

Reg. Salt is bad for you sea salt is bad for you
what isn’t bad for you is salt that actually has iodine in it.
The feds took it out , long story look up fda taking good iodine out of salt.

Salt and sugar are the two most common ingredients in processed foods in the USA.
If you only eat processed foods, then there's a HUGE change you eat a hell of a lot more salt and sugar on a daily basis than you are supposed to.

And no, they DO NOT have to list it on the label if they don't want to, as these are basic "organic" ingredients. Especially if it's 5% or less of the products ingredient level.

I only eat salt on potato products.

I use powdered herb and veggie mixtures to use instead of salt.
Use lots of pepper and garlic powder as well.

Salt and sugar are the two most common ingredients in processed foods in the USA.
If you only eat processed foods, then there's a HUGE change you eat a hell of a lot more salt and sugar on a daily basis than you are supposed to.

And no, they DO NOT have to list it on the label if they don't want to, as these are basic "organic" ingredients. Especially if it's 5% or less of the products ingredient level.

I only eat salt on potato products.

I use powdered herb and veggie mixtures to use instead of salt.
Use lots of pepper and garlic powder as well.
And lemon....

Forum List

Back