Saints/Seahawks...

Once again, technically, this is a 'bye week' game and the Seahawks, given they are not as bad as the Panthers coming off a bye, have more 'L's' then 'W's in their last 7 'bye' situations.
Is it enough for the Saints to be able to win? I think not.
Seahawks will be slow out of the gate, but will overcome it and be pulling away at the end with a comfortable, but not an overwhelming margin. They have too much class stacked up against the Saints.

You crack me up .. :lol: Many would dispute that the Seahawks except for Wilson are stacked up with class.

The new team to hate in the NFL is the Hawks.. Carroll is a cheater... Sherman is a big mouth... Chancellor is a bully.. WAAAAAAAAA... :lol:

Once again, technically, this is a 'bye week' game and the Seahawks, given they are not as bad as the Panthers coming off a bye, have more 'L's' then 'W's in their last 7 'bye' situations.
Seahawks will be slow out of the gate, but will overcome it and be pulling away at the end with a comfortable, but not an overwhelming margin. They have too much class stacked up against the Saints.

You crack me up .. :lol: Many would dispute that the Seahawks except for Wilson are stacked up with class.

The new team to hate in the NFL is the Hawks.. Carroll is a cheater... Sherman is a big mouth... Chancellor is a bully.. WAAAAAAAAA... :lol:

Anyone who disputes that the Seahawks don't have class need to take up another sport......like Sumo wrestling, cricket, etc..etc.. :lol:

Anyone who disputes that the Seahawks don't have class need to take up another sport......like Sumo wrestling, cricket, etc..etc.. :lol:

You're not too fuck'n bright are you? :rofl:

I think it's great that some peeps have a hard on for Carroll. He has done absolutely nothing but good for our town. The guy is tireless going out to every charity and non profit he can possible sqeeze into his incredibly busy schedule. He is informative and fun at his public access on behalf of the Hawks. Unlike Harbaugh who is frequently a prick. Ya he had some bad luck trying to babysit Reggie Bush but that could have happened to any coach. I for one see what Carroll is all about and I like him and respect everything he does. (except for a certain timeout he called last year in Atlanta that lost us the game..:lol:)

Sherman is a big mouth. Sherman backs up his chirping with the best corner play in the NFL. You wanna shut him up? Beat him. Simple.

Chancellor is a bully. Better put Chancellor is an enforcer. He is one bad mofo. He is the BOOM in the legion of boom. I LOVE the way he plays. What is amazing is that Chancellor has played almost injury free for the last two years. He is IMHO the hardest hitting player in the NFL.

Class?? Dunno... Respect from the other players in the league.... without a doubt.

Last edited:

I use the term 'class' as related to performance on da' field. Know sports much?

I think it's great that some peeps have a hard on for Carroll. He has done absolutely nothing but good for our town. The guy is tireless going out to every charity and non profit he can possible sqeeze into his incredibly busy schedule. He is informative and fun at his public access on behalf of the Hawks. Unlike Harbaugh who is frequently a prick. Ya he had some bad luck trying to babysit Reggie Bush but that could have happened to any coach. I for one see what Carroll is all about and I like him and respect everything he does. (except for a certain timeout he called last year in Atlanta that lost us the game..:lol:)

Sherman is a big mouth. Sherman backs up his chirping with the best corner play in the NFL. You wanna shut him up? Beat him. Simple.

Chancellor is a bully. Better put Chancellor is an enforcer. He is one bad mofo. He is the BOOM in the legion of boom. I LOVE the way he plays. What is amazing is that Chancellor has played almost injury free for the last two years. He is IMHO the hardest hitting player in the NFL.

Class?? Dunno... Respect from the other players in the league.... without a doubt.

I always liked Pete Carroll, even back in his days as coach of the Patriots.

But his Achilles heel is his in-game decision making.

obviously not.:lol::lol::lol:

I always liked Pete Carroll, even back in his days as coach of the Patriots.

But his Achilles heel is his in-game decision making.

I always thought carrol got a raw deal in new england.Had he been allowed to stay on a couple more years,he would have been the coach that would have had the luxary of tom brady coming along to be his quarterback and HE would be the coach that was in 5 superbowls and be the coach touted by ESPN as the greatest coach of all time.

that cracks me up when those people on ESPN and and football networks say that about belecheck,they somehow forget that he was a complete zero and washout at cleveland when he was there,that before tom brady came along and resurrected his carrer from the toilet,he was a complete failure as a head coach.a big zero.:cuckoo: tom brady one of the top five greatest qb's ever came along and resuureected his carrer and now all of a sudden he is the greatest coach in the world.:cuckoo:

thats why i am so happy for carrol,now that he FINALLY has a good quarterback to work with,he is getting his due credit.

yeah well said. these people that have a hard on for carrol ignore that he is the reason the Hawks organization turned themselves around as a superbowl contender this year.He was very instrumental in getting many of the players they have on defense to come here and sign with the hawks and play here.He got together with the general manager there and went to bat for many of them encouraging him they really needed these players they have.so he was very instrumental in turning this organization around and very much responsible for them being in the position they are in.

He was wise enough to look past how short wilson was as a quarterback and go to his friend bud grant and ask him if a quarterback under 6 feet can play in the NFL since fran tarkenington was short as well and he said to him-if he is a special type of player,he can do it. and carrol knew enough about wilson that he IS a special player and signed him.

Carrol proved very much he has class on that monday night football game against the Lambs when Tate got that touchdown pass and taunted the defender going into the end zone.as soon as he came back to the sidelines,carrol sat him down and talked to him and was motioning to him before they sat down with hand signals-no no no,we dont do that here on this team. after that talk with carrol,Tate apologized to the league on that and said he would never do that again.Carrol made it clear he did not totlerate that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Talk is cheap. Winning is hard. Winning the Superbowl is even harder.

I think Pete Carroll is a very good coach and an outstanding communicator and speaker. He's also a very nice guy who works tirelessly on behalf of the team.

I met him at a fundraiser in LA a few years ago- he was like a force of nature.- boundless enthusiasm and a genuine love of the game. I (and millions of other Trojan fans) was truly sad to see him go.

IMHO, He has done an excellent job in Seattle. But until he wins a Superbowl, he's just one of many excellent coaches in the league.

I'm glad the Saints won. That give the Hawks coaches an extra day to prepare a game plan. It also give the players an extra day to plan thier apre game celebrations. These things take time to organize!!!

It will be exciting to see what Percy Harvin brings to the table after hearing about him all season and only see him touch the ball twice againt the Vikings.

Brees and the Saints were restrained by the Hawks on December 2nd to thier lowest offensive output in several years. They will certainly have to do better than that to have any chance next weekend in Seattle.

I believe if Wilson plays mistake free football as he is quite capable of doing the Seahawks should score more than enough points to win against N O.

you've talked shit and gotten smoked ..what? 3 of the last 4 games? :eusa_eh:

the Saints are a lock now.....:lol:

I'm glad the Saints won. That give the Hawks coaches an extra day to prepare a game plan. It also give the players an extra day to plan thier apre game celebrations. These things take time to organize!!!

It will be exciting to see what Percy Harvin brings to the table after hearing about him all season and only see him touch the ball twice againt the Vikings.

Brees and the Saints were restrained by the Hawks on December 2nd to thier lowest offensive output in several years. They will certainly have to do better than that to have any chance next weekend in Seattle.

I believe if Wilson plays mistake free football as he is quite capable of doing the Seahawks should score more than enough points to win against N O.

If by "smoked"... you mean a 2 pt loss at SF.. a 7 point loss against the Cards on a lucky catch in the last few minutes.. The other loss was in week 5 in Indy which was a very lucky game for lucky Luck. The Seahawks have blown out two teams of the last four games also including your Saints 34-7.

The Saints are a "lock"...???

You are amusing... :lol:

Forget Brees...Forget Wilson..

There are three phases in football ...Offense ...defense ...and special teams..

Two of the most important factors in deciding the outcome of ANY football game are what?

I'll tell ya what... turnovers and field position. Seattle nearly set the all time record in punt coverage this season AKA field position. Seattle is far away the best team in turn overs this season.

Seattle's defense tied the Saints in scoring in the last match ... think about it.

Two of the most important factors in deciding the outcome of ANY football game are what?

I'll tell ya what... turnovers and field position. Seattle nearly set the all time record in punt coverage this season AKA field position. Seattle is far away the best team in turn overs this season.

Seattle's defense tied the Saints in scoring in the last match ... think about it.

And all that will matter when they actually win a playoff game or three.

Regular season accolades don't win championships.

And all that will matter when they actually win a playoff game or three.

Regular season accolades don't win championships.

Accolades is just jibberish from the media until the awards are given.

Acomplishments is a different bird altogether. You expect the top running back to play in a playoff game as he performed during the season... You expect a top throwing QB to make the tough passes in a playoff game. You can also expect the guys that forced nearly two turnovers a game in the regular season to get thier "ish" during a playoff game. You can expect a punting squad to bury the opponent inside the ten yard line in the playoffs on every punt if they have been doing it all season. Until the last game of the season Seattle had allowed NINETEEN yards TOTAL punt return yards all season. That is not accidental...THAT is field position...not accolades.

Last edited:
There's something happening here
But what it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop
Children, what's that sound?
Everybody look - Seattle's going down?

There's battle lines being drawn
NOLA's coming to town!
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, Russell Wilson's knocked down

That man Dew, a gun in his hand
In a Brees, he had the hawk in his sights
And down went the bird without a fight

Hey children what's that sound
Everybody look Seattle went down
37 to 27

Last edited:
Seattle is not going down in THAT stadium. The San Francisco-Carolina game is much more interesting to me, and it's a closer match-up.

NOLA's coming to town!

37 to 27

"37" Ha..Ha... You funny...make me laugh longtime... :lol:

You can take back the defense score and put Seattle at 27 from the last game but the Saints can't wish away the defense and special teams that held them to 7 points. Even if Brees gets lucky he won't be able to put up more than 17 points against our defense. That would put the spread very close to what Vegas gives as Seattle minus 8.5 stands steady.

Dream on...sing your songs.. better have one que'd up for the Saints sad flight home..

NOLA's coming to town!

37 to 27

"37" Ha..Ha... You funny...make me laugh longtime... :lol:

You can take back the defense score and put Seattle at 27 from the last game but the Saints can't wish away the defense and special teams that held them to 7 points. Even if Brees gets lucky he won't be able to put up more than 17 points against our defense. That would put the spread very close to what Vegas gives as Seattle minus 8.5 stands steady.

Dream on...sing your songs.. better have one que'd up for the Saints sad flight home..

On any given Saturday...! Actually I look forward to a Niner-Hawk game in Seattle. Which team has had he best Second Half? Which has the longest winning streak?

Ultimately, Time and injury will tell, if either team takes a lose as Kansas City did in the first few minutes v. Indy, it will change the dynamics between SF and Seattle.

If by "smoked"... you mean a 2 pt loss at SF.. a 7 point loss against the Cards on a lucky catch in the last few minutes.. The other loss was in week 5 in Indy which was a very lucky game for lucky Luck. The Seahawks have blown out two teams of the last four games also including your Saints 34-7.

The Saints are a "lock"...???

You are amusing... :lol:

smoked as in talking massive smack and then losing, last I checked..they lost, 2 pts, 9 whatever ;)

they're a lock because you gave the SH's the kiss of death, again....:lol:

Forum List

Back