Saint Patricks day food and appetizers

This town sucks for trying to find Irish stuff. For Irish buttons, green beads, etc., you need to go on Amazon and order it. As far as pastries with green frosting, slim pickings at Smiths, Winco, etc. At least Schnucks had plenty of bakery stuff with green frosting or green sprinkles. And of course if you want to get Irish whiskey here, you have to go to the state store.
I know I've been in Utah for a long time. We have a liquor store by the new Home Depot. I don't drink anymore but other people do and we're going to play games too. Luckily I am not in charge of that. LOL

The cheese makes it look messy. But it looks good for guests. If they were mini-sized.

Yeah, not only that, all of that melted cheese gives you cramps. lol.

I prefer cole slaw on my reubens, though, instead of the sauerkraut.

Besides, if you cook sauerkraut, it kills off all of its redeeming digestive qualities.

So the only time I have that is if it's raw and usually have it just by itself.

Yeah, not only that, all of that melted cheese gives you cramps. lol.

I prefer cole slaw on my reubens, though, instead of the sauerkraut.

Besides, if you cook sauerkraut, it kills off all of its redeeming digestive qualities.

So the only time I have that is if it's raw and usually have it just by itself.
Yeah maybe I could swap out the cheese for sauerkraut or coleslaw and still use that same recipe. I thought about the cheese thing too because greasy.

I found this appetizer online for St Patricks Day....it looks delish!

it looks like zucchini on the base plus some kind of delicious paste on top! YUM!

all green too! :biggrin:

1710118284089.png

Two Irish food items that probably won't be served at many St. Patrick's Day parties:

---Easy Irish Oatmeal (Steel Cut Oatmeal)---

---Learning how to make black pudding is a great way to feed your Irish side! A traditional food that has firm roots in Irish history, black pudding is sometimes also referred to as 'blood pudding' or 'black sausage.'---

---Far more than just a tasty dish, salmon is embedded in Irish history---

---Irish food history---

So cabbage ,sausage potatoes,bread or ham ,pork steaks,Salmon alcoholic bevarges and non alcoholic bevarges like apple juice would be more traditional. Corn beef from what I have seen is traditional in the Irish and non irish american homes I am not sure how that tradition started.

Since we're now talking about shots...

---There is no official size for a single shot, except in Utah---

---Utah is the only state that has a strict definition of a shot---

I am having a Saint Patrick's Day party. Mostly because someone asked me to throw them a party. I am not a big cook myself I am looking for easy-to-make recipes that taste good and that people will think is good. If you have good ideas post them here. I am looking on Pinterest and YouTube but I figure some of you might know easy ones. Thanks
Beer. That is all you need for the holiday.

I am having a Saint Patrick's Day party. Mostly because someone asked me to throw them a party. I am not a big cook myself I am looking for easy-to-make recipes that taste good and that people will think is good. If you have good ideas post them here. I am looking on Pinterest and YouTube but I figure some of you might know easy ones. Thanks
Happy St. Paddy's :113:

I had one of those about an hour ago.
Had mine today too. . .

If you are looking for a finger food, this is one of the classics from the Irish side of my family. IN the old days, it was made in a coffee can. (though I think you can make it in a bread pan if you can't locate one.)

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2011__03__boston-brown-bread-horiz-a-2000-318e8d2d98934e84aa3e3537b2dca454.jpg

Boston Brown Bread​

Classic Boston brown bread studded with raisins and steamed in a coffee can.

David Nihill: Cultural Appreciation | FULL COMEDY SPECIAL​

“Food”? :lmao:
You’re not Irish, are you?

have a fine day!

💚💚💚💚💚💚

Forum List

Back