saddam and the weapons of mass destruction

No one ever denied He had nerve gas munitions, he gassed the Kurds after all and we found significant stockpiles, it's the Anthrax and the eminent nuclear bombs that scared people into going along with that fool's errand and were shown to be utter bullshit.

The Israelis bombed a nuclear plant in Iraq before they finished building it and that is not bullshit, but an actual fact. The nuclear scientists and technicians were still in Iraq and would have started back up as soon as the sanctions were lifted. This time they would do it in secret and underground. Everybody knew that but you.
Hardly the dire emergency that Bushco hyped to the max requiring the immediate destruction of a country and there were no plans to lift sanctions, do you have any more ridiculous arguments?

Bush got approval from the US Congress, a resolution from the UN and gave Saddam several opportunities to come clean before attacking and a dumbass says "requiring the immediate destruction of a country." The Europeans were ready and eager to lift sanctions if the opportunity had presented itself. No argument, just telling you what really happened.
What really happened was that there was nothing to "come clean about". Saddam had none of the capabilities or terrorist collusion he was accused of. Do you not remember the fucking hype? The dire sense of urgency? There was no calm deliberation going on, no rational excuse for invasion, just a bunch of White House stooges running around with hair on fire screaming that we have to go NOW! Saddam was not nearly the threat he was advertised to us as being, there was no need to invade Iraq then and nothing that has come to light since has suggested otherwise.

The real reason we went there was advertised loud and clear when the first place we occupied in Baghdad was the oil ministry, there was a battalion guarding that and we couldn't spare a platoon to prevent the looting of the museum. We went to get Iraqi oil on the open market and trading in dollars, there was no other reason.

You really do make things up. Some call it lying, others call it ignorance. I call it both.

Cut the crap, we all know the real rationale for starting the Iraq war and occupation and it had nothing to do with any of that.

Translation: I am going to believe what I want to believe, and no fact or logic is going to change that.

I appreciate your honesty.
You dumb-asses still trying to justify the Iraq invasion are even worse than the dummies still trying to polish Nixon's presidency. History has made it's judgement, Bushco™ lied us into invading a country that was no threat to us and you poor deluded conservatives are not even upset about it.

Bush never lied. Fact. End of story.
LOL, You people believed in him to the point that you will probably be voting for another one in 2016. How many times are you going to swallow the load of the Bush crime family?

LOL, You people believed in him to the point that you will probably be voting for another one in 2016. How many times are you going to swallow the load of the Bush crime family?

Ha ha dumbass!
Ha Ha nothing, I can't believe at this point there is even one republican deluded enough to defend Bushco's actions concerning the Iraq war. Did you just step out of a time warp from 2004 and haven't had a chance to see how fucked up our decision to invade Iraq was?

Ha ha dumbass!
Ha Ha nothing, I can't believe at this point there is even one republican deluded enough to defend Bushco's actions concerning the Iraq war. Did you just step out of a time warp from 2004 and haven't had a chance to see how fucked up our decision to invade Iraq was?

Did I defend him you colossal idiot? I said he didn't lie and that is fact. That doesn't mean it was a good idea to invade.

You stupid stupid person.

Ha ha dumbass!

Did I defend him you colossal idiot? I said he didn't lie and that is fact. That doesn't mean it was a good idea to invade.

How do you figure he didn't lie? This ought to be good. Do you still think we are going to find those WMDs any day now?

The truth was kept hidden by much of the media, and replaced with Bush lied. Any agenda there? Of course.

Personally, I wanted Bush to stand up and shout it out but he cared more about our country, than his reputation. A rare quality.

Does that mean I liked everything he did? No, but I feel he cared about our country, and has an incredible amount of integrity.

wow thank you for that. i think he and his entire family are a class act...

The truth was kept hidden by much of the media, and replaced with Bush lied. Any agenda there? Of course.

Personally, I wanted Bush to stand up and shout it out but he cared more about our country, than his reputation. A rare quality.

Does that mean I liked everything he did? No, but I feel he cared about our country, and has an incredible amount of integrity.

How much is Jeb paying you to be a total stooge? Nothing you say? Somehow it's even worse to be such a shameless toady for free.

How much is Jeb paying you to be a total stooge? Nothing you say? Somehow it's even worse to be such a shameless toady for free.
Speaking of toady's and stooge...

Ha ha dumbass!

How do you figure he didn't lie? This ought to be good. Do you still think we are going to find those WMDs any day now?

It should be easy to understand for anyone with two brain cells to rub together. But you! Well I'll have to explain it to you.

Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds, fact. Chemical weapons are WMDS, fact. Therefor Bush did not lie when he stated that Saddam has WMDs.

Got it yet moron?

Ha ha dumbass!

It should be easy to understand for anyone with two brain cells to rub together. But you! Well I'll have to explain it to you.

Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds, fact. Chemical weapons are WMDS, fact. Therefor Bush did not lie when he stated that Saddam has WMDs.

Got it yet moron?
Moron huh? I'm not the one who has conveniently forgotten about the really scary stuff, biological and "nucular" weapons. Nerve gas was never enough to scare America into accepting a war of choice. Also in a technical sense chemical agents are classed as area denial weapons as well as weaponized biological spores, Atomic bombs are the only real WMD on the list of chemical, biological and "nucular" that fucking bozo you people elected kept repeating over and over again.

But Saddam did not have a nuclear weapons program, and the fear that Saddam would develop nukes and then give the technology to terrorists was the main justification for invading Iraq.

Yes, Saddam did have chemical/biological WMDs, but not nukes. And that's the main issue. There were officials in the Department of Defense and in the White House who knew that the evidence for Saddam's alleged nuke program was very thin, but they saw to it that this fact was suppressed.

But Saddam did not have a nuclear weapons program, and the fear that Saddam would develop nukes and then give the technology to terrorists was the main justification for invading Iraq.

Yes, Saddam did have chemical/biological WMDs, but not nukes. And that's the main issue. There were officials in the Department of Defense and in the White House who knew that the evidence for Saddam's alleged nuke program was very thin, but they saw to it that this fact was suppressed.
Yes and of course that brings us to Valerie Plame.

No one ever denied He had nerve gas munitions, he gassed the Kurds after all and we found significant stockpiles, it's the Anthrax and the eminent nuclear bombs that scared people into going along with that fool's errand and were shown to be utter bullshit.

The Israelis bombed a nuclear plant in Iraq before they finished building it and that is not bullshit, but an actual fact. The nuclear scientists and technicians were still in Iraq and would have started back up as soon as the sanctions were lifted. This time they would do it in secret and underground. Everybody knew that but you.
Hardly the dire emergency that Bushco hyped to the max requiring the immediate destruction of a country and there were no plans to lift sanctions, do you have any more ridiculous arguments?

"Immediate destruction"??? Use hyperbole much?
Do you keep agreements i.e. you agree to make mortgage, car payments etc right?
The reason you do is under penalty of forfeiture right?
So do you think when Saddam broke the 1991 Cease Fire agreement dozens of times so often that Bill Clinton SIGNED the 1998 Liberation of Iraq Act as Congress approved... all agreements Saddam broke we should have just continued to allow him to starve 100,000 children a year just because he wouldn't CERTIFY his WMDs were destroyed?
I mean all this evidence that WMDs existed... prior manufacturing, WMDs found, broken agreements and 100,000 children starving a year just because Saddam wouldn't Certify... to me that was proof enough he had WMDs!
HE broke agreements and forfeited his life!

So WHY didn't Saddam if HE KNEW WE KNEW certify the destruction and save 100,000 children a year from starvation due to the sanctions?

To me the saving of these 100,000 children a year and the Liberation of 28 million from the people that used drill bits, feed people to lions, gassed thousands destroyed the Garden of Eden... that was totally worth the Liberation of Iraq as Bill Clinton wanted in 1998!

"Immediate destruction"??? Use hyperbole much?
Do you keep agreements i.e. you agree to make mortgage, car payments etc right?
The reason you do is under penalty of forfeiture right?
So do you think when Saddam broke the 1991 Cease Fire agreement dozens of times so often that Bill Clinton SIGNED the 1998 Liberation of Iraq Act as Congress approved... all agreements Saddam broke we should have just continued to allow him to starve 100,000 children a year just because he wouldn't CERTIFY his WMDs were destroyed?
I mean all this evidence that WMDs existed... prior manufacturing, WMDs found, broken agreements and 100,000 children starving a year just because Saddam wouldn't Certify... to me that was proof enough he had WMDs!
HE broke agreements and forfeited his life!
It's all bullshit, they only started talking about liberation from Saddam's tyranny afterwards when they just were not finding anything and while I am on the subject of afterward, need I bring up "Brownie", Abu Gharib and the Blackwater massacre? Time after time they did shit that guaranteed we would never pacify Iraq. I still wonder if some of it was deliberate to prolong the war and maximize profits.

To me the saving of these 100,000 children a year and the Liberation of 28 million from the people that used drill bits, feed people to lions, gassed thousands destroyed the Garden of Eden... that was totally worth the Liberation of Iraq as Bill Clinton wanted in 1998!
Yeah we liberated the dog shit out of them when we obliterated their infrastructure and turned their army out on the street to become the resistance. So many blunders, so many cautionary voices shouted down. Bushco had no plan to win the peace, did not even think about what they would do once Saddam was driven from power. "They will welcome us as liberators." Bullshit.

Forum List

Back