S&P 500 heads to worst first half since 70s as recession fears loom

Nope....
Bottom is about to fall out.
Wait until you owe 30% more than the house is worth and it needs about 10% of its value in repairs and maintenance.

You people are so fucking financially illiterate.

You go on living in your cave, I will move into my shiny new house while laughing my ass off at you.

That has to be one of the most outrageous lies and misrepresented facts I've seen....

Congratulations on being the biggest tool on the board.

Who do you think as POTUS when this took place?

1656587225539.png

That has to be one of the most outrageous lies and misrepresented facts I've seen....

It is a known fact to anyone who follows the market because of investments in oil. I bet you like to ignore the collapse of oil prices under Trump and the shutting down of oil production in 2020, but that's ok it is in the history books you deny also.

You people are so fucking financially illiterate.

You go on living in your cave, I will move into my shiny new house while laughing my ass off at you.
Still holding that Enron stock eh?
Got everything in your brokerage house EF Hutton too?

Bottom is coming out of the housing market and you will wish you had sold and lived in an apartment soon enough.

I related last summer about the start of the recession this year starting in Jan...didn't miss a beat then and I'm not kidding now.

You have until this fall to get a good price for it. Then it's going to be a weight around your neck....maybe Even a noose.

Bottom is coming out of the housing market and you will wish you had sold and lived in an apartment soon enough.

I related last summer about the start of the recession this year starting in Jan...didn't miss a beat then and I'm not kidding now.

You have until this fall to get a good price for it. Then it's going to be a weight around your neck....maybe Even a noose.
Don't leave yer day job as a janitor to become a security's and investment agent.

Don't leave yer day job as a janitor to become a security's and investment agent.
Independent thought isn't exactly something that you do on a regular basis is it?

GG may be a tool as well but at least he creatively denies the truth....

I a renting now, by Oct I will not be. I will be living in my cool, new shiny home and nobody will ever be able to raise my rent on me, tell me I am not allowed to get that extra dog or cannot paint that wall that color.

I plan on living in this house for the next decade or two. Even if the bottom comes out of the housing market and the value of my house drops for a few years, all that does is mean I am saving money on property taxes.

Yes, there is a recession coming, and the worst part of a recession is the threat of losing employment. While there is no job 100%, the wife and I are both as about as secure as one can get in that area.

Our house is costing us less than half of the mortgage we could qualify for if we had asked for it. Even when we add the house in to the mix our debt to income ratio is less than 20%.

So yeah, you enjoy your apartment living, you enjoy your landlord doubling your rent each year. I am sure that will be a good time for you.

The wife and I will be sitting on our screened in deck enjoying Mojitos.

who was POTUS when this took place?

1656588473578.png

I a renting now, by Oct I will not be. I will be living in my cool, new shiny home and nobody will ever be able to raise my rent on me, tell me I am not allowed to get that extra dog or cannot paint that wall that color.

I plan on living in this house for the next decade or two. Even if the bottom comes out of the housing market and the value of my house drops for a few years, all that does is mean I am saving money on property taxes.

Yes, there is a recession coming, and the worst part of a recession is the threat of losing employment. While there is no job 100%, the wife and I are both as about as secure as one can get in that area.

Our house is costing us less than half of the mortgage we could qualify for if we had asked for it. Even when we add the house in to the mix our debt to income ratio is less than 20%.

So yeah, you enjoy your apartment living, you enjoy your landlord doubling your rent each year. I am sure that will be a good time for you.

The wife and I will be sitting on our screened in deck enjoying Mojitos.

Yep....you bought high and will eventually sell low.
Even living there for 20 years you will not get your inflation adjusted dollars out of it.

I feel bad for you.

Yep....you bought high and will eventually sell low.
Even living there for 20 years you will not get your inflation adjusted dollars out of it.

I feel bad for you.

Yes, you should. As you are handing your money to your landlord you should feel bad for me sitting on my screened in deck enjoying Mojitos.

And the best part of this whole discussions is you actually think you know what you are talking about.

Even in 2008, which was worse than this will be, it only took about 4 years for prices to come back in the housing market. But now you think it will take 20! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Oh this thread is so much ugh.....

1) Your primary residence should never be viewed in terms of investment.

2) Yes the market is going to be all schizophrenic for awhile. I, however, still plan to invest my exra money in it. If I lose it, so be it. I am sticking to my current strategy regardless which is to buy and hold small and midcap stocks that pay regular dividends. Whether it is up or down on any given day, week, or year, matters little. So far, however, so good. My self-managed portfolio is still outperforming my 401K. I feel at this point like I am paying T. Rowe Price a lot of money to lose money for me.

Oh this thread is so much ugh.....

1) Your primary residence should never be viewed in terms of investment.

2) Yes the market is going to be all schizophrenic for awhile. I, however, still plan to invest my exra money in it. If I lose it, so be it. I am sticking to my current strategy regardless which is to buy and hold small and midcap stocks that pay regular dividends. Whether it is up or down on any given day, week, or year, matters little. So far, however, so good. My self-managed portfolio is still outperforming my 401K. I feel at this point like I am paying T. Rowe Price a lot of money to lose money for me.

1. I agree.

2. I feel your pain. Got the 401k statements in the mail yesterday and it was not fun to look at. But they are a long term thing so they will be fine. The only real investing we have been doing is selected stocks that seem to be pretty safe bargains. Right now we are bidding our time on one that lost 66% on the year, but most was due to them doing a voluntary shipment hold on their machine as they wait for a new FDA approval due to a minor change. They did not have to do this but they did. It made the stock plummet but it should be fine once they get the approval, which is a pretty sure thing.

In Mid March we sold our SPY shares for the cash for the earnest money on the house we are having built.

Every day I am reminded it was the right choice.

When the Pandemic first hit, and the entire world shut down. That should have been everybody’s first clue.

When oil went $32 negative price, to $80 in one year. That was clue number two.

When imports fell off a cliff due to overstocking to the point, stores are limiting their own shelf stock. That should have been the third clue.

When Russia invaded Ukraine endangering the entire world energy and grain markets. There was clue number four.

When all of the monopolies, er, corporations actually confessed they were taking advantage of the situation, and using all of it as an excuse to keep their prices artificially high, creating an inflationary market. There was your final clue.

But I can see the OP is clueless, so…

When the Pandemic first hit, and the entire world shut down. That should have been everybody’s first clue.

When oil went $32 negative price, to $80 in one year. That was clue number two.

When imports fell off a cliff due to overstocking to the point, stores are limiting their own shelf stock. That should have been the third clue.

When Russia invaded Ukraine endangering the entire world energy and grain markets. There was clue number four.

When all of the monopolies, er, corporations actually confessed they were taking advantage of the situation, and using all of it as an excuse to keep their prices artificially high, creating an inflationary market. There was your final clue.

But I can see the OP is clueless, so…

Are you drunk or something?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with what I posted?

Yes, you should. As you are handing your money to your landlord you should feel bad for me sitting on my screened in deck enjoying Mojitos.

And the best part of this whole discussions is you actually think you know what you are talking about.

Even in 2008, which was worse than this will be, it only took about 4 years for prices to come back in the housing market. But now you think it will take 20! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yep...
You gave the exact same reaction last summer when I lined out the coming recession and inflation.

Obviously any ideas you laugh at are exactly correct. Your track record is perfect in that.

Yep...
You gave the exact same reaction last summer when I lined out the coming recession and inflation.

Everyone that paid attention knew the recession was coming. It has been far too long since we had a real one and they are built into our system.

None of that makes a hill of beans towards me having our house built. We would have had it done last fall but we were still undecided if we were going to move to a different region of the country or not. It was not till my wife got her ICU position we choose to stay at least until we retire in a decade.

If the value of our house goes down it does not harm us in any way whatsoever. Since it has not yet even been apprised by the county and wont be for 6 to 10 months all it would do is save us money on property taxes. I will not even think about selling it till at least 2033 or later. If the market has not come back by then, I still have lost nothing as I will just keep living it in and retire where we are now. I will still be sitting on my deck sipping drinks while you are still paying rent that has gone up 500% in you are lucky.

But, since after the 2008 housing collapse it took less than 4 years for values to return, and this one will not be as bad as 2008, I am not really worried about that either.

There is literally no downside to what we are doing.

Forum List

Back