Ryder Cup crowds

That being said...when it's time for a player to actually hit a shot...it's time to shut your pie hole! That's golf etiquette. Events like the Ryder Cup bring out some fans that don't understand that. It's why you see the US players and other fans trying to quiet them down if they get out of control. Not all that different than tennis matches these days.

Firstly there is no such sport as "soccer". Its football and bears no relation to golf. In football you play the other side. In golf you play the course.
Not in the Ryder Cup, Tommy! Your score doesn't mean spit. It's just whether it's better than the guy on the other team! That's what makes Match Play compelling!

I can dig that. But golf would sound more fun if you could see the ball knock something over when it hits. Or at least kick up some dirt. :04:
Put some money on the game! It's no longer boring, trust me. We play hundred dollar Nassau's and fifty dollar skins. Nothing more "fun" than getting paid in the parking lot after you kicked the tar out of someone that was talking smack! :)

I thought you'd be pissed at the very idea of a crowd and call the cops.

Firstly there is no such sport as "soccer". Its football and bears no relation to golf. In football you play the other side. In golf you play the course.
Bwaaaaahhaaaaa...Except when you have a team of golfers who are playing against the other team. Just today on the 1st hole, when the US golfer missed his put, it showed the buck tooth morons from Europe all cheering for that miss....Go fuck yourself asswipe, Football is NFL, soccer is for pussies like you..

I cant believe that the rabble watching this are actual golf fans. You cheer a good shot and not an opponents mistake. Disgusting behaviour which is overshadowing a great US win.

I've got a timer set on todays round. Haven't seen any of it yet but this doesn't surprise me. Are they chanting USA! USA!! USA!!! too? :lol:

Do you watch soccer? Do you only cheer when your side scores a point, or do you cheer when their side misses a shot? Just asking?

behavior
[bəˈhāvyər]

NOUN
  1. the way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially toward others.
    "his insulting behavior toward me" ·
    [more]

Golf is supposed to be a tad classier than other sports. It's a gentleman's game - Not really a sports fanatics game.

I'm a little sickened by it too. At times, it almost reminds me of a Trump rally. However, the US get its ass kicked so many times by the Europeans, I wouldn't put a come from behind victory for Europe during the singles matches today. It's unlikely, but not unheard of.

LOVE the couple with the USA spacesuits on. LoL!! :D

Put some money on the game! It's no longer boring, trust me. We play hundred dollar Nassau's and fifty dollar skins. Nothing more "fun" than getting paid in the parking lot after you kicked the tar out of someone that was talking smack! :)
Well, on this we agree. :)
I love having to take the first shot from the short stuff in the fairway..even though I'm usually well in back of the other players.
They sit up and take notice when my second 5 or 6 Iron is right on the green.

Nothing sweeter than money won and looking at faces of smack talkers who just got schooled.
Doesn't happen all the time..but enough to make it worthwhile...and I refused to play for money in my younger years.

At a Trump rally??..no, this kind of behavior wouldn't bother me. First off, they aren't patriotic. They are nationalistic, chest thumping lemmings. Feeling safe is irrelevant. I feel sick that this is what these people (and people like you) have brought this country to.

At a golf tournament? Yes, this kind of behavior is boorish and uncalled for. You want to cheer. Fine. Dispense with the constant USA!!..USA!!. It's a golf match, not an international soccer match. But what I've seen over the last two days of catcalling and taunts, calling for a miss (before a shot is taken or a putt made), and just the general level of ignorance of the crowds, it makes me want to see Europe pull off an upset just to shut the crowd up.

And yes, when the Ryder Cup is held in Europe, their fans cheer raucously for their team. It can be just as intense, if not more than over here. But there's a difference. Over there, the Americans are not subjected to nearly the behavior and treatment that I've seen the Europeans subjected to this week.
Homeless.jpg

Do you watch soccer? Do you only cheer when your side scores a point, or do you cheer when their side misses a shot? Just asking?

behavior
[bəˈhāvyər]

NOUN
  1. the way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially toward others.
    "his insulting behavior toward me" ·
    [more]
Soccer and golf are not the same sports. Golf is a gentleman game. You are supposed to show sportsmaship. That is the tradition no any way. All sports are changing. Back when I played baseball if a batter crowded the plate I was expected to play them some chin music and did. If a pitcher beaned some one on our team somewhere down the line I would be brought into the game. The whole stadium knew why I was there including the batter. That batter was going to get a 93 mile an hour fastball to the ribs. You don't see that anymore. Baseball became more gentlemanly and golf less. I personally miss the old days in both.

Soccer and golf are not the same sports. Golf is a gentleman game. You are supposed to show sportsmaship. That is the tradition no any way. All sports are changing. Back when I played baseball if a batter crowded the plate I was expected to play them some chin music and did. If a pitcher beaned some one on our team somewhere down the line I would be brought into the game. The whole stadium knew why I was there including the batter. That batter was going to get a 93 mile an hour fastball to the ribs. You don't see that anymore. Baseball became more gentlemanly and golf less. I personally miss the old days in both.
When in a competition against another team, tell me how you felt when the batter hit the ground ball and the runner was thrown out? Yeah, one side cheered the other didnt...Team sports are that way. Ryder cup is team sport..

You threw a 93 mph fastball, like i threw a 70 yard hail mary pass for a touchdonw..

When in a competition against another team, tell me how you felt when the batter hit the ground ball and the runner was thrown out? Yeah, one side cheered the other didnt...Team sports are that way. Ryder cup is team sport..

You threw a 93 mph fastball, like i threw a 70 yard hail mary pass for a touchdonw..
Lol, shows how little you know all the way around. Hilarious

Forum List

Back