Rutgers student told not to quote Bible in essay because of 'separation of church and state'

I keep checking this thread to see if it ever found a source.

I keep seeing Marty re-highlighting the fact that none has been found.

Thought I made the point succinctly, but he wants to make sure I get credit for it. Mille grazie Martino.

Meanwhile, the OP responsible for this thread..... he gone.

Thought I made the point succinctly, but he wants to make sure I get credit for it. Mille grazie Martino.

Answer the question.

Also, poor form not quoting me in an attempt to duck a response.

It's difficult to figure out what really happened here. The sacred writings of any religion are not an academic source as they cannot be offered for the truth of the matter. You can't footnote from the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, or the Upanishads as a universally reliable source for an assertion. If this student was writing a letter to his friend's mother as one person of a particular faith to another person of the same faith, it's fine, but what was the assignment? This is never given. I don't think that this is a matter of "separation of church and state."

Answer the question.

Still heroically hanging on in the courageous quest to change the topic from one you found inconvenient I see.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Much like you tried to move the goalposts to my imaginary attitudes on impeachment, not doing due diligence on that one either. A pattern I see.

Ninety-nine posts later, still no answer on that dearth of due diligence.

Whoops, make it a hundred.

It's difficult to figure out what really happened here. The sacred writings of any religion are not an academic source as they cannot be offered for the truth of the matter. You can't footnote from the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, or the Upanishads as a universally reliable source for an assertion. If this student was writing a letter to his friend's mother as one person of a particular faith to another person of the same faith, it's fine, but what was the assignment? This is never given. I don't think that this is a matter of "separation of church and state."

It never will be given, since this is a fake site admitting that its only witness is its own "reporter" and offers no evidence for itself at all, and no corroboration from anywhere.

We can speculate on 'what if it did happen' but that's about it.

Answer the question.

Still heroically hanging on in the courageous quest to change the topic from one you found inconvenient I see.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Much like you tried to move the goalposts to my imaginary attitudes on impeachment, not doing due diligence on that one either. A pattern I see.

I'm asking you to answer a question.

Answer the question.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Yes, we've established that. And it's hilarious. :rofl:

Meanwhile, the OP? He still gone. Looka like he gone stay gone. At least he knows when he's licked.

Answer the question.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Meanwhile, the OP? He still gone. Looka like he gone stay gone. At least he knows when he's licked.

Answer the question.

FYI you are dealing with someone with Mild OCD and of Irish descent, I ain't going anywhere.

Briebart picked up the story, and also tried to contact the school, with no response.

Rutgers Prof: Don't Quote Bible in Essays to Maintain 'Separation of Church and State | Breitbart

Answer the question.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Answer the question.

FYI you are dealing with someone with Mild OCD and of Irish descent, I ain't going anywhere.

Oboy. A poker game, kewl.

OK I'll raise ya. Not only am I Irish, I'm Aspergian.

Rotsa ruck.

Answer the question.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Answer the question.

Rotsa ruck.

Rutgers Prof: Don't Quote Bible in Essays to Maintain 'Separation of Church and State | Breitbart

In case you missed it Briebart picked up the story, and tried to confirm it with the school. They did not respond.

There's your other source, but now you are going to "lol Briebart" or something to that ilk. Goalposts moved in 3....2....1.....

Briebart picked up the story, and also tried to contact the school, with no response.

I saw that weeks ago when I first posed the question. You'll note, as I posted early in January (post 18, January 11) that the article's only "source" is the same one that originated it in-house. The one in the OP.

And here we are, in the same place.

How valiant.

fl0111-102125_2.jpg

Answer the question.

Rotsa ruck.

In case you missed it Briebart picked up the story, and tried to confirm it with the school. They did not respond.

There's your other source, but now you are going to "lol Briebart" or something to that ilk. Goalposts moved in 3....2....1.....

Again, that is not "another source". IT'S THE SAME ONE.

I saw that weeks ago when I first posed the question. You'll note, as I posted early in January, that the article's only "source" is the same one that originated it in-house. The one in the OP.

They asked the school for confirmation, the school has not responded. Two different groups asking for more information.

They school is not denying it nor confirming.

Two sources, two people trying to get to the bottom of the story.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

Answer the question.

Rotsa ruck.

Again, that is not "another source". IT'S THE SAME ONE.

it's another organization trying to get more information, being ignored by Rutgers.

So now you have the person making the accusation, Campus Reform reporting on it, and Briebart reporting on it. If you read the Briebart article they talked to the guy as well.

Rutgers hasn't responded yet.

I saw that weeks ago when I first posed the question. You'll note, as I posted early in January, that the article's only "source" is the same one that originated it in-house. The one in the OP.

They asked the school for confirmation, the school has not responded. Two different groups asking for more information.

That's a neat trick since it's you who just articulated your own dilemma.

Same one you've been in for TWO WEEKS. :rofl:

it's another organization trying to get more information, being ignored by Rutgers.

Well imagine that, some entity ignoring a stupid question because it's not connected to reality.

Gee Wally, I can't imagine what that feels like, can you??

Two different organizations trying to get the story, they have gotten the student's side of it, Rutgers has had two chances to respond.

Screeeeeeeeeecccchhhhhh..

Two different organizations trying to get the story, they have gotten the student's side of it, Rutgers has had two chances to respond.

Screeeeeeeeeecccchhhhhh..

And the response they got has been?

upload_2020-1-21_12-30-11.jpeg

And that gives us....... how many sides?

You can do this, surely. Hold up your index finger. How many?

they have gotten the student's side of it,

WRONG. They have got a "reporter" quoting HIMSELF. He can't even corroborate HIS OWN side. They even admit that right in their own article.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who learned how to fucking read. Thanks Mom.

Forum List

Back