Russia's new S-550 air-defence system rolled out – TASS

That was when we learned that the older Radar systems using long wave radar could see the Stealth aircraft. Not well, not like they saw other non stealth types, but they could see them, and shoot at them.

No doubt the longwave radar was not scattered as easily as was the shorter wave high resolution radar.

Smart people exist in every country. The American Navy was furious when the Politicians let on how easily the Submarines could track their Soviet Counterparts.

Let me get back to you about the intelligence of some of our politicians.

And how long before we won’t send in anymore stealths? Because we can’t afford to lose them.

Yes, one thing I heard years ago possibly still true now was the high cost of our best technology. By comparison at that time (not that long ago), the Russians could not only afford to build far more because of the vastly lower unit cost per tank or plane, but that they were much more immune to EMP and other forms of electronic attack because many of their systems were still running off fairly bullet-proof vacuum tube technology!

No idea what you're babbling about. If English is not your native language, let us know and we can try and work around it.
Been watching Sci-Fi movies again, you’re so brave and belligerent? You treacherous bastards didn’t have the guts to go to war with Russia when you had the edge and plans to, after Hiroshima. What will that be now when you don’t? Will you, tin soldier, be fast enough to get to your cellar before the hellfire envelopes you and the rest of your fag army?

Been watching Sci-Fi movies again, you’re so brave and belligerent? You treacherous bastards didn’t have the guts to go to war with Russia when you had the edge and plans to, after Hiroshima. What will that be now when you don’t? Will you, tin soldier, be fast enough to get to your cellar before the hellfire envelopes you and the rest of your fag army?
lol ah, a hero from a failed state full of drunks and run by gangsters and bullies. Stick to robbing tiny little countries on your borders and extortion rackets; it's the only thing Russia has been successful at for the last 200 years. That and conning the West into bailing you out of your dumbass policies.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t say that often.

War with Russia? After World War II was over? You would have to be insane. Or an idiot. Russia had one of the best tanks of the war in the T-34, and a sufficient Air Force to make us suffer mightily if we had started in on them. We would have fallen into the same trap that Hitler did. Nobody can invade Russia, it’s too damned big.

If you seize a thousand miles, you still have a thousand miles before you’re a thousand miles from nowhere. And the Russian Winters are insanely brutal.

Oh we could drop a bomb. As soon as we made some more. We used every single one we had. We made three. One was used for a test, and the other two were dropped on Japan. We were out of Bombs. And making them was still a slow business. But hey, your imagination isn’t really ruled by facts.

As for the rest, I’m not sure if you’re making some sort of Religious argument propagated by fools and idiots, or if you’re babbling about something else. But your idiocy is on display mate. And that isn’t a good thing.

Oh we could drop a bomb. As soon as we made some more. We used every single one we had.

Actually, we did not. The inventory at the end of the year was 2, and that was with production stopping after the Japanese surrender. Number 3 was already on the way to Tinian, and number 4 was enroute to California for shipment to Tinian.

And this is easy to prove. The next 2 tests were the Crossroads ones at Bikini Atoll in July 1946. Both with the number 3 and 4 Fat Man (Mark III) design implosion devices that were in the Pacific or on the way when the war ended. The decision was made to stop so they could do more testing with those before making any others. But the US was already on track to produce least 5 devices a month for the rest of 1945, increasing to 10 per month by the end of 1946.

In fact, it was studying those tests that resulted in the cessation of the Little Boy (Mark I) style device, and the development of the Mark IV. And within 3 years the US produced over 500 of the Mark IV bombs, as it did continue to produce plutonium, even if they stopped making bombs for a bit. Then the Mark VI, with over 1,100 produced in 4 years from 1951 to 1955.

Last edited:

War with Russia? After World War II was over? You would have to be insane. Or an idiot. Russia had one of the best tanks of the war in the T-34, and a sufficient Air Force to make us suffer mightily if we had started in on them. We would have fallen into the same trap that Hitler did. Nobody can invade Russia, it’s too damned big.

If you seize a thousand miles, you still have a thousand miles before you’re a thousand miles from nowhere. And the Russian Winters are insanely brutal.

Oh we could drop a bomb. As soon as we made some more. We used every single one we had. We made three. One was used for a test, and the other two were dropped on Japan. We were out of Bombs. And making them was still a slow business. But hey, your imagination isn’t really ruled by facts.

As for the rest, I’m not sure if you’re making some sort of Religious argument propagated by fools and idiots, or if you’re babbling about something else. But your idiocy is on display mate. And that isn’t a good thing.
Fabulous! Another punk who has no idea! Is the other one a brother of yours?
I'm almost sure that on multiple occasions you've referred to Russia as Colossus with clay feet or something like that, that you won the WW2, that the greatest battle of the war was that of the fucking El Alamein, while Russia's Stalingrad and the rest were second rate skirmishes that had no impact on how the war was going to play out, but now it turns out Russia was big and mighty when you, poor bastards, were out of bombs and didn't want to fall into a trap. Anyway, when push, God forbid, comes to shove I hope you'll all burn in Hell, except maybe those who are still reasonable and sane. See you there, from heaven.;)

Fabulous! Another punk who has no idea! Is the other one a brother of yours?
I'm almost sure that on multiple occasions you've referred to Russia as Colossus with clay feet or something like that, that you won the WW2, that the greatest battle of the war was that of the fucking El Alamein, while Russia's Stalingrad and the rest were second rate skirmishes that had no impact on how the war was going to play out, but now it turns out Russia was big and mighty when you, poor bastards, were out of bombs and didn't want to fall into a trap. Anyway, when push, God forbid, comes to shove I hope you'll all burn in Hell, except maybe those who are still reasonable and sane. See you there, from heaven.;)

You can easily find out what I’ve said from the search feature above.

The T-34 was crap but won for some of the same reasons that the Sherman did. Even a Tiger II can't win against a 4 to one odds. The Upgunned M-4 would have cleaned the T-34/85s lunch on a one for one.

The T-34 was crap but won for some of the same reasons that the Sherman did. Even a Tiger II can't win against a 4 to one odds. The Upgunned M-4 would have cleaned the T-34/85s lunch on a one for one.

Oh the T-34 had issues. Sure. All such things are a trade off.

But while the Up Gunned Sherman was better. It would have been going up against an up gunned T-34. The T-34 was up to 85mm main gun by the end of the war.

In Korea these late war tanks fought and on the ground it was interesting. The Soviet Tanks handled off road environments better. They were about equally armed. But the Soviet Tanks stood up better even when driven by NK soldiers.

What killed the T-34 most often was air power and artillery.

Oh the T-34 had issues. Sure. All such things are a trade off.

But while the Up Gunned Sherman was better. It would have been going up against an up gunned T-34. The T-34 was up to 85mm main gun by the end of the war.

In Korea these late war tanks fought and on the ground it was interesting. The Soviet Tanks handled off road environments better. They were about equally armed. But the Soviet Tanks stood up better even when driven by NK soldiers.

What killed the T-34 most often was air power and artillery.

Almost no T-34s or even Shermans were destroyed by air power of any kind. In Korea, the t-34/85 was so outdated that the old M-26 was taking it out without breaking a sweat. And the US had followon tanks as well but the M-4 (76) and the Pershing was the main tanks. The t-34 was also highly suseptible to the bazzooka.

Don't forget that lesbian corporal with two moms. She's a great asset.

Mehh. Folks like her necessary in this man's Army. The most worthless ones always get the job of being the point man in the patrol.

Forum List

Back