Russian economy grinding to a halt as Ukraine crisis continues

Let Putin put THAT in his pipe and smoke it...Could that be why he called our allegedly "weak and feckless" prez the other day with an offer to negotiate?...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh...so I suppose Putin reached out
to Obama to discuss Spring fashion...Can't u Obamahaters at least allow for the possibility that our prez has been effective in imposing economic sanctions on Russia...and rallying European Allies to do so?

to Obama to discuss Spring fashion...Can't u Obamahaters at least allow for the possibility that our prez has been effective in imposing economic sanctions on Russia...and rallying European Allies to do so?

Tell us also about your deep seated theological belief in porcine aviation.

Tell us also about your deep seated theological belief in porcine aviation.

Sigh...I guess Pigs WILL fly before u ODS sufferers acknowledge that our prez did something right...Why so much blind hatred and denial the face of any evidence of his efficacy?

Why don't you tell us what sanctions have been place on Russia that is crushing their economy?

And provide links.

Russian economy grinding to a halt as Ukraine crisis takes heavy toll | Reuters

So Putin will soon be a most hated leader. I heard this morning that projections now show the Russian economy with 0% growth this year. More sanction will turn that into a negative. Middle class Russians will feel the pain of Putin's aggression.

The Ukrainians will be feeling the pain of joining the EU quicker I am sad to say.

May 1st the price of their gas is set to go up 50%. Part of the price of admission to the EU and backing by the IMF.

Sanctions on 11 individuals will not grind Russia's economy to a standstill. That's just silly.

The Ukranians not only have to pay more for gas but all retirement benefits are halved to comply with EU austerity measures.

So Putin will soon be a most hated leader. I heard this morning that projections now show the Russian economy with 0% growth this year. More sanction will turn that into a negative. Middle class Russians will feel the pain of Putin's aggression.
He puts sanctions in place a week ago and now the Russian economy is not growing? On sanctions aimed at 6 people?

You really are fucking stupid, you know that?

Sanctions on 11 individuals will not grind Russia's economy to a standstill. That's just silly.

The Ukranians not only have to pay more for gas but all retirement benefits are halved to comply with EU austerity measures.

50% more on gas starting May 1st with hikes continuing into 2018. That's just for starters.

No wonder Donetsk wants to vote on joining Russia too!

Putin likely gave obama an earful over Russia's assistance with Iran. That on top of the drubbing obama got from the Saudi King. Notice that obama is too tongue tied to even mention that two hour meeting.

Crimea is going to cost Russia both financially in having to cover large costs in Crimea as well as having damaged the Russian economy and possibly driving it into recession this year.

Firstly, what is Russia going to have to pump into Crimea?

"The Russian Ministry of Economic Development estimates that social subsidies alone in Crimea could require $2 billion a year. Demographics also present a problem – roughly 35% of Crimeans are over 60 years old compared to 19% on average across Russia. Their pensions and social security payments would need to be increased to match Russian averages. Overall, covering budget deficit and making social payments could take up to $4 billion/year, not including any long-term infrastructure investments, which are massive."

Russians On Putin's Crimea Gamble: What About Us? - Forbes

Jim, Russia's economy has not ground to a halt. That's just hyperbole, plain and simple. Is Russia's economy in bad shape? Uh, yep. Has been for awhile. Does Obama's sanctions have anything to do with it? Not one iota.

Could the West do economic damage if all these pussies for leaders banned together and took on Russia? Yes, absolutely. They have a lot more to lose in an economic war than we do. Problem is all the "will" is on their side. We have none. We're fucking pussies. So embarrassing.

Weakness Invites Aggression. Such a basic concept all these liberal leaders in the West fail to grasp. Fucking wimps.

Oh sorry, I forgot your RWers worship Putin....sorry about the Thread.

Worship Putin? Where do you get your political analysis....the comic strips? I don't worship Putin. Putin is a bully.

I do think he understands leadership far more than our characture of a President, though. But remember that being a leader does not automatically make one morally superior. There are leaders who are evil: Hitler, Saddam, etc...

Why don't you tell us what sanctions have been place on Russia that is crushing their economy?

And provide links.

Now Tiny, we understand that you are an admirer of Putin. You are an admirer of anyone that uses force to get their way, no matter what the morality or consequences. In the '30's, you would have been a member of the Bund.

Forum List

Back