Russia will be out of resources to wage aggressive war in 3 months пїЅ Chief of Intelligence

At other times I may would have agreed with you, but I think 1) after the Afghan pull out fiasco, Biden is too gun shy to do that and 2) I really don't think America has an appetite for war, let alone a world war right now. Either way, the great camo saint isn't going to get all his country back. It is just a matter of getting him to either accept that or him being replaced with some one who will.
I know what you mean about Afghanistan, but that really was a morasse that we needed to be quit of. It wasn't well done, but at least it's done. So Biden could paint himself as a big war guy promoting American Strength and Power, etc., etc. Of course America has no appetite for war, the military is wildly under its recruitment goals, probably because it's become shameful to serve, with all the emphasis on soldiers that are trannies, women, homosexuals, whatever. But not actual men. Doesn't matter, Biden would send what troops we do have and then initiate what the Army seriously needs and wants ----------- conscription again. War with Russia? PERFECT excuse.

Well, as for the great camo saint (took me a minute, but that's a fun characterization), I think Ukraine will go back to being owned by Russia, but I could be wrong. Depends on how well American soldiers fight when Biden throws them in. And how many Chinese soldiers stream in to augment the poorly populated Russian army. I think this is how World War III starts, with foot soldiers fighting for a place almost no one here (you excepted and a couple others here) could find on a map without labels.

America will not consent to losing its war against Russia.

That is impossible to imagine and impossible for America to bear.

Therefore, if Russia and China aren't eventually defeated, it means nuclear war.

How long do we have to live before baby jesus comes back with Armageddon under his arm?

Putin blundered into a war Russia couldn't afford to fight and its economy has been damaged beyond repair. In a year, Russian soldiers will be throwing rocks at advancing Ukrainian soldiers.
Our predictions are wildly different! You think the above, I think as Ukraine loses more and more obviously, Biden will throw in our troops in best WWI and II style: wait a couple years into the war, then do a big "poor little Belgium"-type propaganda push.

Since both of us think things will change drastically toward the end of this year, we'll soon see which of us was more right. (Maybe neither, since Reality is so free to do as it likes, which we usually can't even imagine.)

Well I live in a world where Santa doesn't exist. YOu should grow up and join it. Ukraine's blank check is ending.
Enough Republicans support aid to Ukraine to approve new aid packages even with McCarthy as Speaker.

Migod, an actual rational comment by someone on this war. Bravo.

Good point that the war can't end until Russia really is convinced they can't go on. That surely will take 4 or 5 years, as usual.
I don't think Russia will have the industrial capacity to continue the war that long.

I know what you mean about Afghanistan, but that really was a morasse that we needed to be quit of. It wasn't well done, but at least it's done. So Biden could paint himself as a big war guy promoting American Strength and Power, etc., etc. Of course America has no appetite for war, the military is wildly under its recruitment goals, probably because it's become shameful to serve, with all the emphasis on soldiers that are trannies, women, homosexuals, whatever. But not actual men. Doesn't matter, Biden would send what troops we do have and then initiate what the Army seriously needs and wants ----------- conscription again. War with Russia? PERFECT excuse.

Well, as for the great camo saint (took me a minute, but that's a fun characterization), I think Ukraine will go back to being owned by Russia, but I could be wrong. Depends on how well American soldiers fight when Biden throws them in. And how many Chinese soldiers stream in to augment the poorly populated Russian army. I think this is how World War III starts, with foot soldiers fighting for a place almost no one here (you excepted and a couple others here) could find on a map without labels.

Biden is gonna have to take out moms before they let their little ones be dragged from their basement safe space. People largely see the military is something that impedes with their career/path than something that helps it. That is a big hurdle for the services to overcome.

I don't think Russia will have the industrial capacity to continue the war that long.
I wait with interest to see if you are right. I am aware that Russia is laughably underpopulated to be taking on the EU and the USA: combined, we have five times the population of Russia. Which is why Russia would have to have Chinese troops if American troops come in.

Oh, maybe you are right and the war will just grind down. It LOOKS like the pattern of a lot of 20th century wars we eventually dragged into, but maybe it won't be, this time.

OOOOOoooooooooooooooo. . . . Sanctions! Oh, the scary sanctions. I bet THAT really scared China, just exactly like it scared Russia. (Not. Not at all. Not even a little. Russia just bombed the gas pipeline to Europe and went on with the war.)
In January and February Russia's revenues were down nearly 50% from last year because of the sanctions and at that rate Russia's sovereign wealth fund will be completely depleted in about six months. If Russia continues to spend at the current rate, it will then enter a period of unsustainable hyperinflation, but if it doesn't continue to spend at the current rate, it won't be able to supply its soldiers in Ukraine. China understands this and has no reason to want to sacrifice its economy to try to save Russia.

I only think it would be a risky move now on account of the question of EU and US sanctions against China could perhaps fail to make a big enough impact on China. China now controls the majority of the world and that could then become a huge downside for both the EU and the US.

I'm thinking that the sanctions wedge has run it's course in that sanctions bite both ways. Can the world largest economic conglomerate be successfully sanctioned?

Your best gambit is in prayer my friend. I, China, Russia, and most of the Brics are dead in the water on that ace in the hole you are holdingl.
"China now controls the majority of the world."

Tell me again what planet you are posting from?

Biden is gonna have to take out moms before they let their little ones be dragged from their basement safe space. People largely see the military is something that impedes with their career/path than something that helps it. That is a big hurdle for the services to overcome.
Very true. I do think the fact that the armed services compel the hated vaccinations and accepting the horrible tranny-homosexual stuff and the forever losing wars, all these are problems which quite properly lead people to avoid military service. And all those TV ads with grossly mutilated limbless soldiers from the IEDs. What is anyone to think except, never never get involved in that. All this due purely to nobody in government having what it takes to declare an END to the stupid, losing situations.

I am very against conscription for all these reasons, but I know it is likely and another reason for Biden to promote going to war with Russia.

In January and February Russia's revenues were down nearly 50% from last year because of the sanctions and at that rate Russia's sovereign wealth fund will be completely depleted in about six months. If Russia continues to spend at the current rate, it will then enter a period of unsustainable hyperinflation, but if it doesn't continue to spend at the current rate, it won't be able to supply its soldiers in Ukraine. China understands this and has no reason to want to sacrifice its economy to try to save Russia.
Very nice; plausible. I haven't been following the Russian economy. I like the idea of the hyperinflation: like Germany did after WWI, to support the miners in the Ruhr who would not mine coal for the French to pay reparations in kind. So it was a kind of war support after the fact. Now you are getting me interested.

I would of course prefer your scenario to mine!

Major General Kyrylo Budanov, Chief of Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, has said that the terrorist state has the time until the end of spring before it runs out of resources to wage an aggressive war.
He's talking about offensive ground operations obviously. Russia will continue to bomb Ukrainian cities, and they have plenty of mobiks to man defensive positions.

And Crimea is getting ready for Normandy 2.0, lol. I guess they think there is an invisible amphibious invasion force lurking out there...
:disbelief:

Very true. I do think the fact that the armed services compel the hated vaccinations and accepting the horrible tranny-homosexual stuff and the forever losing wars, all these are problems which quite properly lead people to avoid military service. And all those TV ads with grossly mutilated limbless soldiers from the IEDSs What is anyone to think except, never never get involved in that. All this due purely to nobody in government having what it takes to declare an END to the stupid, losing situations.

I am very against conscription for all these reasons, but I know it is likely and another reason for Biden to promote going to war with Russia.

The first American shot in Ukraine would be the surrender of Taiwan to China. Biden's ego is kind of boxed in on this one.

Moscow is facing an ammunition shortage, the leader of the Wagner Group said as he warned that the Bakhmut frontline would "crumble" if he withdrew his troops.
Read more: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-new...
Some here are saying I am too pessimistic too soon, but I say again: propaganda. ALWAYS assume propaganda whenever any government official makes any statement at all during a war.

I am concerned that Putin will grow more desperate to the point where tactical nukes are deployed in Ukraine. I don't believe he gives a rat's ass about the people there or the land either as long as it becomes part of a reinvigorated USSR. That is Putin's dream, and I think he will stop at nothing to get it done. As it is now, he ain't winning and if he's running out of time and resources then very well could escalate that conflict.

The first American shot in Ukraine would be the surrender of Taiwan to China. Biden's ego is kind of boxed in on this one.
Because we can't fight a two-front war? IMO, we can't successfully fight a ONE-front war, and haven't since WWII. Yes, you have a point there.

Forum List

Back