Russia Sucks at War

Yep, mis read a quickly glossed over article.
Doesn’t alter the reality that the Ukes daily lose ground.
Russia gained about 1500 sq km in June. There is 13,000 sq km of Ukrainian controlled Donetsk Oblast to go.

1500 sq km is smaller than the county where I live, and it's not even a large county. That's a lot different than "the 3 Baltic States"....

1280px-Map_of_Washington_highlighting_Clark_County.svg.png

Read Igor Girkin's latest assessment:

Read Igor Girkin's latest assessment:

Girkin reminds a sock puppet. He talks on purpose.

Girkin reminds a sock puppet. He talks on purpose.
He has an agenda, of course. But he's not spouting "Ukrainian propaganda"- he's not on Ukraine's side. He wants a general mobilization in Russia.

His assessment is still worth reading if someone insists Russia is "winning". That's why I posted it. He doesn't just spout a bunch of happy talk like most of the pro-Russia automatons on this board.

I try to ignore the characterizations, and focus on the meat. The meat is, "you can't get there from here..."

He has an agenda, of course. But he's not spouting "Ukrainian propaganda"- he's not on Ukraine's side. He wants a general mobilization in Russia.

His assessment is still worth reading if someone insists Russia is "winning". That's why I posted it. He doesn't just spout a bunch of happy talk like most of the pro-Russia automatons on this board.

I try to ignore the characterizations, and focus on the meat. The meat is, "you can't get there from here..."
Strelkov promotes a 'worst case' scenario - declaration of war, full mobilization, conquering the most of Ukraine, direct involvement of some NATO countries (namely Poland) etc.

Why it is needed for his curators, one can only guess. His interviews have become boring, he is talking only about one main theme - the format of 'special military operation' failed, a 'real' war is needed.

Russian mythology wants to suggest that the massive loss of life in WWII was a heroic sacrifice, when in reality it was the product of massive paranoia, indifference and incompetence.

Strelkov promotes a 'worst case' scenario - declaration of war, full mobilization, conquering the most of Ukraine, direct involvement of some NATO countries (namely Poland) etc.

Why it is needed for his curators, one can only guess. His interviews have become boring, he is talking only about one main theme - the format of 'special military operation' failed, a 'real' war is needed.
Agree- that is his agenda. Bus that doesn't mean his assessment of the current situation is wrong.

I can't watch his interviews, I don't speak the language. I just read the translations of his assessments.

An example is his talk about the effect of relocating troops from the other fronts to SDonetsk. His comments are completely consistent with the western assessments like ISW/CIT, and also with the gains made by the UA on each end of the line of control.

Russia can only move forces around- they have no reserves to draw on.

Agree- that is his agenda. Bus that doesn't mean his assessment of the current situation is wrong.

I can't watch his interviews, I don't speak the language. I just read the translations of his assessments.

An example is his talk about the effect of relocating troops from the other fronts to SDonetsk. His comments are completely consistent with the western assessments like ISW/CIT, and also with the gains made by the UA on each end of the line of control.

Russia can only move forces around- they have no reserves to draw on.
And again this guy ends his thoughts with the need of mobilization. It is always his central point. Maybe the things are going in this direction.

And again this guy ends his thoughts with the need of mobilization. It is always his central point. Maybe the things are going in this direction.
Yeah, always his main complaint. I don't think it's ever been otherwise. A despicable character all around.

Rumors of mobilization in Crimea true?

Yeah, always his main complaint. I don't think it's ever been otherwise. A despicable character all around.

Rumors of mobilization in Crimea true?
I don't know. I think it is not. The main number of cannon fodder goes from so called national peripheries - Buratia, Dagestan, Tuva and so on. Plus, so called L/DNR.

Russia's occupation of Severodonetsk and Lisichansk ensured full control over the Luhansk region. This should be followed by the liberation of the Donetsk region, British intelligence notes.

According to the British intel, Russia has achieved effective coordination between the two groups of troops. The Center Group is under the command of Colonel-General Alexander Lapin, and the southern group is under the command of General Sergei Surovikin.

At the same time, according to the British Ministry of Defense, the APU retreated from Lisichansk in "proper" order. Now they are taking up positions on a more direct front line.

It is important to note that, according to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, the AFU lost 5469 soldiers near Severodonetsk and Lisichansk. During the retreat of the AFU, a significant amount of military equipment was abandoned.

The battles in the Donbas were distinguished by the massive use of artillery and the gradual pace of the Russian offensive. The British expect to see the same picture in the battle for the former Donetsk region.

Thus, one of the main disadvantages of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation has been eliminated — the uncoordinated actions of various groups and branches of the armed forces. Now a much more experienced army is leading the offensive in the Donbass.

If I were president I would try to get russia to be our ally. russians and americans both like to party and they are majority white. I like the russians...dont know why Putin is so flucked up...he was KGB and they were a bunch of sickos from what Ive heard. a combined usa and russia would be a very cool thing...unlimited power there being at odds with them is frankly damned stupid. we could lift up the russian people and encourage them to dump vladimir unless he takes a chill pill and get on board...anyhow, I am just a dreamer like John Lennon...ps, please dont kill me I am harmless Hillary

New Topics

Forum List

Back