Russia..Russia..Russia..Racist..Racist..Racist..Racist..Racist..Racist

Maybe not exactly like this, but not too much differently.

How do you control the press? Well, most just allow them to get away with whatever they want without being called out on it.

Its like when we were kids and a bully would pick on some smaller kid. The bully would punch the kid in the gut and take his lunch money. But if the kid never defended himself, eventually the bully would quit punching the kid and just take his money instead.

The kid didn't solve the problem, he only made the problem less severe. The problem continued. The only possible solution is for the victim to fight back as hard as he can. If he gets his ass kicked, then that's the way it ends up. But more than likely, the bully will just find another target. Even if the kid doesn't solve the problem, at least his peers would have more respect for him.

The media gets their power from their listeners and viewers. As long as they march in lockstep to what the press is reporting, they have control.

It's about time we have a kid that's going to punch the bully back, and we as viewers and listeners should respect that kid and remove power from the media by not going to their web sites, buying their newspapers, listening to their shows, or even sending them a nasty letter.
I don't really disagree with any of that. But Trump and his supporters know what is going to happen when he does what he does.

One day it may be different. But today, right now, he's giving the media all the ammo it can handle. And it will use it, obviously.

The GOP found itself with an incredible amount of power on Election Day. Does it really want to piss that all away?
It will never change if Republican politicians cower every time the fake news douche bags try to smear them.
Could be. The question is how to deal with it.

If you think this is the way, great, good luck with that.

Apparently what you propose is to cower in the corner and take your beating.
Well, once again you're wrong, but that's fine with me. I don't have a dog in that hunt.
Then you propose nothing, so why should anyone listen to you?

How do you control the press? Well, most just allow them to get away with whatever they want without being called out on it.

Its like when we were kids and a bully would pick on some smaller kid. The bully would punch the kid in the gut and take his lunch money. But if the kid never defended himself, eventually the bully would quit punching the kid and just take his money instead.

The kid didn't solve the problem, he only made the problem less severe. The problem continued. The only possible solution is for the victim to fight back as hard as he can. If he gets his ass kicked, then that's the way it ends up. But more than likely, the bully will just find another target. Even if the kid doesn't solve the problem, at least his peers would have more respect for him.

The media gets their power from their listeners and viewers. As long as they march in lockstep to what the press is reporting, they have control.

It's about time we have a kid that's going to punch the bully back, and we as viewers and listeners should respect that kid and remove power from the media by not going to their web sites, buying their newspapers, listening to their shows, or even sending them a nasty letter.
I don't really disagree with any of that. But Trump and his supporters know what is going to happen when he does what he does.

One day it may be different. But today, right now, he's giving the media all the ammo it can handle. And it will use it, obviously.

The GOP found itself with an incredible amount of power on Election Day. Does it really want to piss that all away?
It will never change if Republican politicians cower every time the fake news douche bags try to smear them.

you need this disclaimer in your tagline ..

* Critical thinking escapes me, all I say is stupid shit *

Ironic.

Well, once again you're wrong, but that's fine with me. I don't have a dog in that hunt.
I propose a far more intelligent, dignified and thoughtful approach.

So there's no reason for the GOP to listen to me.

You're right.

You're right.
Such as?

You're right.
Such as?
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean a person?

Why shouldn't he point out that the press is a gang of sniveling smear merchants?
Did I say that? Nope.

If he wants to piss off a press that would love him to do so, so that can keep going after him, that's up to him.

Seems pretty politically suicidal, but that's his call.
It's clear to most people that it really never matters what Trump does.
The Press will go after him regardless.
They aren't interested in reality.
Their job is to create a fantasy and sell it to the public.
Be honest......what did Trump have to do with Charlottesville, but somehow it became his problem just because the fake news asked him about his thoughts on it.
The same was true for Obama, of course, but he did have the press on his side.

This is how partisan politics works, and it illustrates why it has zero credibility.

If Trump wants to keep serving up material for the press, that's up to him. But complaining that they react the way they do is silly.

His supporters are fooling themselves, though, if they think the press would have treated any other Republican like this.

To be totally honest, Trump supporters could care less about the media. If anything, they piss us off even more. I heard a poll on the radio last week that stated Trump has not lost that many supporters in light of recent events since the election.

Better still is when liberals come here and pass on media information and we prove them false. It must piss them off as well.

Yes, we knew what the media would do to Trump, but they were going to do it anyhow. They turned on him the day he won the nomination. They went from friend to foe because he was no longer competing against other Republicans, he was then competing against Hilary.

Nothing used to piss me off more than when the media reported false information, or only reported half of the story about a Republican representative, and they just sat in the corner sucking their thumb because they didn't have the guts to do what Trump is doing today.

So what happens when politicians don't fight back? We get stories how Bush knew 911 was going to happen and did nothing about it. We get stories how the housing bubble was completely his fault and he didn't try to do anything about it. We get stories that Romney was responsible for a persons death because he got kicked off of his wife's insurance policy that was supplied by a company Romney was running. Today, we are getting stories how Trump is siding with the Nazis and white supremacists because he didn't highlight them in his speech against all hater groups.

Did I say that? Nope.

If he wants to piss off a press that would love him to do so, so that can keep going after him, that's up to him.

Seems pretty politically suicidal, but that's his call.
It's clear to most people that it really never matters what Trump does.
The Press will go after him regardless.
They aren't interested in reality.
Their job is to create a fantasy and sell it to the public.
Be honest......what did Trump have to do with Charlottesville, but somehow it became his problem just because the fake news asked him about his thoughts on it.
The same was true for Obama, of course, but he did have the press on his side.

This is how partisan politics works, and it illustrates why it has zero credibility.

If Trump wants to keep serving up material for the press, that's up to him. But complaining that they react the way they do is silly.

His supporters are fooling themselves, though, if they think the press would have treated any other Republican like this.

To be totally honest, Trump supporters could care less about the media. If anything, they piss us off even more. I heard a poll on the radio last week that stated Trump has not lost that many supporters in light of recent events since the election.

Better still is when liberals come here and pass on media information and we prove them false. It must piss them off as well.

Yes, we knew what the media would do to Trump, but they were going to do it anyhow. They turned on him the day he won the nomination. They went from friend to foe because he was no longer competing against other Republicans, he was then competing against Hilary.

Nothing used to piss me off more than when the media reported false information, or only reported half of the story about a Republican representative, and they just sat in the corner sucking their thumb because they didn't have the guts to do what Trump is doing today.

So what happens when politicians don't fight back? We get stories how Bush knew 911 was going to happen and did nothing about it. We get stories how the housing bubble was completely his fault and he didn't try to do anything about it. We get stories that Romney was responsible for a persons death because he got kicked off of his wife's insurance policy that was supplied by a company Romney was running. Today, we are getting stories how Trump is siding with the Nazis and white supremacists because he didn't highlight them in his speech against all hater groups.
I would never advocate for not fighting back.

My point is, and has always been, that Trump's way is terrible and is just making things worse.

Forum List

Back