Russia Gains More Ground in Donbas Region as Desperate Zelenskyy Arranges Emergency Meeting with France, Germany, Italy

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
The Last Refuge

Russia Gains More Ground in Donbas Region as Desperate Zelenskyy Arranges Emergency Meeting with France, Germany, Italy

June 12, 2022

Sundance
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-emergency-meeting-with-france-germany-italy/
Excerpt:

The constant and strategic pressure by Russian military in eastern Ukraine is slowly and methodically taking more ground each day. Russian troops have now encircled and captured the city of Severodonetsk, which will join Lysychansk under full Russian control within days, according to the Washington Post.

1655143394998.png

LINK

=====

It is a matter of time, the west should let this one go as prolonging a cause they can't win is criminal.

The Last Refuge

June 12, 2022

Sundance
Russia Gains More Ground in Donbas Region as Desperate Zelenskyy Arranges Emergency Meeting with France, Germany, Italy - The Last Refuge
Excerpt:

The constant and strategic pressure by Russian military in eastern Ukraine is slowly and methodically taking more ground each day. Russian troops have now encircled and captured the city of Severodonetsk, which will join Lysychansk under full Russian control within days, according to the Washington Post.

View attachment 657440

LINK

=====

It is a matter of time, the west should let this one go as prolonging a cause they can't win is criminal.
The West can win it quite easily. But whether the west wants to destablize Russia is another question. They need an off ramp.

These nations won't help since it isn't them directly on the line. As predicted when Trump lost in 2020, contrary to what all the "experts" believed, there was going to be the most dramatic shift in Western influence.

If I am honest, it's quite possible Putin still attacked Ukraine if Trump had won, however, I think Trump would have had a much higher chance of avoiding war by concerning Putin enough and/or finding a peaceful resolution before the attack. Whether it was a 5% higher chance of avoiding war or 100% chance, it would have been higher. Europe might have wisened up to Trumps agenda and played fair.

As it were, Europe is shifting towards China and Russia is keeping them dependent on their oil. It's a win/win for Americas enemies, and I haven't seen many policies that will prevent this long term strategic shift.

We will see how France ad others act if THEY are the target of an attack. For now, they are playing both sides as they are unsure how long this war will last and what the end result will be when it all shakes out.

Piggy back

"The US-led alliance aims to strengthen Ukraine’s position at the negotiating table, Jens Stoltenberg said but added that any peace deal would involve compromises, including territory.

Stoltenberg said that the West was willing to “pay a price” to strengthen the Ukrainian military, and Kyiv will have to make some territorial concessions to Moscow in order to end the current conflict, Russia Today reported."

The West can win it quite easily. But whether the west wants to destablize Russia is another question. They need an off ramp.

No the West can't win it easily since they can't get that involved enough to do it which is why they try to supply Ukraine so much but part of it ends being in Russian hands, or destroyed or used up to little effect.

In my current View Russia will stop once they have established control of the Eastern area of Ukraine principally the Donbass region where most of the anti-Ukraine people lives.

No the West can't win it easily since they can't get that involved enough to do it which is why they try to supply Ukraine so much but part of it ends being in Russian hands, or destroyed or used up to little effect.

In my current View Russia will stop once they have established control of the Eastern area of Ukraine principally the Donbass region where most of the anti-Ukraine people lives.
There's no point in this continuing. Russia's down to creeping artillery barrages reminiscent of the West in Normandy in 1944. The West most probably doesn't have as many artillery tubes as Russia, and certainly not enough to give Ukraine superiority, but we've invested in systems to destroy Russia's artillery rather than just pulverize a square of acres. The West could have ended this weeks ago if we were willing to launch cruise missiles.

We want a stalemate. Zelensky had one a couple of weeks back, but Ukranians don't want to give up any territory, and frankly its in our interest so give Russia anything it can claim some legitamate interest in ... beyond just saying Ukraine is Russia. THAT the West cannot allow.

Russia will never stop unless it's faced with unacceptable consequences. The problem is showing them the consequences will follow unless they stand down after taking Donbass, which frankly is a pain in the ass for Ukraine, and Crimea. They need to allow Ukraine access to the Black Sea for food exports to. Putin doesn't want to do that.

There's no point in this continuing. Russia's down to creeping artillery barrages reminiscent of the West in Normandy in 1944. The West most probably doesn't have as many artillery tubes as Russia, and certainly not enough to give Ukraine superiority, but we've invested in systems to destroy Russia's artillery rather than just pulverize a square of acres. The West could have ended this weeks ago if we were willing to launch cruise missiles.

We want a stalemate. Zelensky had one a couple of weeks back, but Ukranians don't want to give up any territory, and frankly its in our interest so give Russia anything it can claim some legitamate interest in ... beyond just saying Ukraine is Russia. THAT the West cannot allow.

I didn't want or support the war at all but there was already a civil war going on in the Donbass region for years to which Russia wants to finish by taking the Russian dominated population of the region into their fold to end the already 7 year long civil war.

Russia will never stop unless it's faced with unacceptable consequences. The problem is showing them the consequences will follow unless they stand down after taking Donbass, which frankly is a pain in the ass for Ukraine, and Crimea. They need to allow Ukraine access to the Black Sea for food exports to. Putin doesn't want to do that.

Yeah, it a problem that should be figured out diplomatically however there was already a civil war between Ukraine and the Russian dominated population in the Donbass region.

Russia is better off to leave western Ukraina alone because that becomes a buffer zone between NATO nations and Russia.

I didn't want or support the war at all but there was already a civil war going on in the Donbass region for years to which Russia wants to finish by taking the Russian dominated population of the region into their fold to end the already 7 year long civil war.
Yes, I recall you had no objection to Putin taking Kiev and killing Ukraine's govt and installing a soviet era satellite.

Yes, I recall you had no objection to Putin taking Kiev and killing Ukraine's govt and installing a soviet era satellite.

I recall It was more about tying Ukranian military down in the KIEV region which the Russians could have taken over easily as they had it surrounded and tightening the noose slowly then they withdrew after a while which the dumbass western media thought was a retreat because they couldn't take the city when Putin never wanted the city in the first place as he could have leveled the dam city with ease.

Yes, there was reports of assassination attempts on Zelensky by the Russians now that effort seems to be quieted down.

Russia has two principal aims:
1. Non-NATO Ukraine; and
2. Secure access to the Black Sea.

Trump would have either:
1. Negotiated a settlement where we got something we want in return; or
2. Engage in a nonsymmetrical response causing Russia to back down.

Instead, we have idiot Biden making predictable responses: Too little, too late and more damaging to us than to Russia.

Russia has two principal aims:
1. Non-NATO Ukraine; and
2. Secure access to the Black Sea.

Trump would have either:
1. Negotiated a settlement where we got something we want in return; or
2. Engage in a nonsymmetrical response causing Russia to back down.

Instead, we have idiot Biden making predictable responses: Too little, too late and more damaging to us than to Russia.
Biden never got anything right in his life. Why anyone even expected him to get it right this time is beyond comprehension.

I don't think Putin would have even invaded if Trump was President. Trump would have extracted too high of a price. Biden gave away the store and even gave Putin permission to invade.

Forum List

Back