Rules Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reported people advocating murder on this site several times. Everything from shooting to dragging with a chain, but there has been no mod action to remove any of it. I can only assume advocating murder is now acceptable. Please notify everyone of your rules change.
There's a difference between advocating and wishing besides there is no rule barring either. The rule specifically addresses direct threats against forum members and their families. You're not the first to have complained about this and you probably won't be the last. The one benefit (if you want to see it that way) is those who are "advocating" (as you claim) are simply showing all what kind of scum they really are.......
Let me make a wild guess it was in a race thread.
Most threads appear to be taking that route these days. It only shows that people on both sides have become more frustrated and angry with the opposing side but it's always the extremes that start calling or wishing for violence. The board (as are most political boards) mostly representative of the extreme factions so the views tend to be heavily skewed. However the current social changes/demands are particularly upsetting to many, many who are more moderately conservative, driving some further right and possibly setting the stage for more violence. I hope cooler heads prevail but I expect the harder the left pushes the more reactionary and intractable the right will become.

So you think it's the left's fault that the right has become so violent? That's interesting.
it's interesting that you think the left hasn't acted violently and caused the right to react force with force.

iu

I have reported people advocating murder on this site several times. Everything from shooting to dragging with a chain, but there has been no mod action to remove any of it. I can only assume advocating murder is now acceptable. Please notify everyone of your rules change.

I've thought that you've wished hideous harm to come to many members (including me) and politicians that you disagree with around here without you actually posting it...

For Shame ... :eusa_naughty:
Whaddid you just say?

How much do you charge for a palm reading?

If it's fun, I do it for free.... ;)

There's a difference between advocating and wishing besides there is no rule barring either. The rule specifically addresses direct threats against forum members and their families. You're not the first to have complained about this and you probably won't be the last. The one benefit (if you want to see it that way) is those who are "advocating" (as you claim) are simply showing all what kind of scum they really are.......
Most threads appear to be taking that route these days. It only shows that people on both sides have become more frustrated and angry with the opposing side but it's always the extremes that start calling or wishing for violence. The board (as are most political boards) mostly representative of the extreme factions so the views tend to be heavily skewed. However the current social changes/demands are particularly upsetting to many, many who are more moderately conservative, driving some further right and possibly setting the stage for more violence. I hope cooler heads prevail but I expect the harder the left pushes the more reactionary and intractable the right will become.

So you think it's the left's fault that the right has become so violent? That's interesting.
It's a matter of natural course. Humans for the most part are resistant to change and within democracies (regardless of what form they take) change is typically slow simply due to natural social constructs.
Am I blaming the left's actions for the right's actions? Yes and no, I'm putting blame where blame belongs, in the completely human response/resistance by most to change particularly what is perceived to be radical change.
Think of it this way, for every action there is a reaction, the greater the action the greater the reaction, there's no escaping it, it's universal, it's a natural reaction.
The hard left is pushing hard for change, the hard right is resisting even more strongly, action, reaction. How hard is that to figure out?

I agree push me in a direction I don't want to go and I'll meet force with force
That's a typical human reaction, not always the best reaction but a reaction just the same.

I don't think he's wrong about the dynamic itself; he sees it from the conservative point of view because he's a conservative. I know I've gotten into threads where the extreme right argued me farther to the left than I started out. Pushed me against the wall, so to speak, and I ended up thinking "how on earth did I get HERE?"

I don't think he's wrong about the dynamic itself; he sees it from the conservative point of view because he's a conservative. I know I've gotten into threads where the extreme right argued me farther to the left than I started out. Pushed me against the wall, so to speak, and I ended up thinking "how on earth did I get HERE?"
No, I'm seeing it from a scientific, apolitical point of view, it's a simple matter of human/social dynamics that have been proven over and over and over throughout human history. I'm not nearly as conservative as most on the left think I am. I'm also not nearly as liberal as most on the right think I am.

Obviously, I was mistaken about what the rules are. For that, I appologize. As far as the rest, it's bullshit to advocate murder, no matter what the rules here may be. I will keep what I learned in mind.

No, I'm seeing it from a scientific, apolitical point of view, it's a simple matter of human/social dynamics that have been proven over and over and over throughout human history. I'm not nearly as conservative as most on the left think I am. I'm also not nearly as liberal as most on the right think I am.
Hopefully to explain even more, it's is perfectly normal for some in any society to push for change just as it is perfectly normal for some to resist that change, it's human nature. All change meets at least some degree of resistance. This is not a commentary on right vs wrong simply a recognition of proven human/social dynamics.

Hopefully to explain even more, it's is perfectly normal for some in any society to push for change just as it is perfectly normal for some to resist that change, it's human nature. All change meets at least some degree of resistance. This is not a commentary on right vs wrong simply a recognition of proven human/social dynamics.
At which point we refuse to accept it........and they say you will do as I say.........then both sides kill each other in something called War.......the ones with people left alive at the end......say see.......we were right......as no one is left to disagree.

Yup.......that is human nature.

At which point we refuse to accept it........and they say you will do as I say.........then both sides kill each other in something called War.......the ones with people left alive at the end......say see.......we were right......as no one is left to disagree.

All too often this ends up being the case but not in every case. As we have seen in this country more often than not the change does to some degree elicit violence but does not lead to war. So far the only wars in this country to come about due to radical change were the Revolutionary an Civil Wars if we confine our focus to only wars fought between "countrymen". I put countrymen in parenthesis because technically were fought against our fellow British subjects for independence.
Considering the number of times we have endured major social changes particularly within the last century it's pretty amazing we haven't had more internal wars.

All too often this ends up being the case but not in every case. As we have seen in this country more often than not the change does to some degree elicit violence but does not lead to war. So far the only wars in this country to come about due to radical change were the Revolutionary an Civil Wars if we confine our focus to only wars fought between "countrymen". I put countrymen in parenthesis because technically were fought against our fellow British subjects for independence.
Considering the number of times we have endured major social changes particularly within the last century it's pretty amazing we haven't had more internal wars.
True..........but the anger has never been at this level since the civil war.

BE SPECIFIC NOW and cite for us the RIGHTS violence in say the last 2 months?

Possibly but since I don't have a crystal ball but only have to rely on history and human/social/cultural dynamics I can't predict what the outcome of this will be nor will I try.

Possibly but since I don't have a crystal ball only but have to rely on history and human/social/cultural dynamics I can't predict what the outcome of this will be nor will I try.
Good answer..........nice

Actually it’s idiotic.

Actually it’s idiotic.
Ok YOU be SPECIFIC and cite for us all this right wing violence.

Actually it’s idiotic.
Ok YOU be SPECIFIC and cite for us all this right wing violence.
They are emotional creatures .........who when they get their feelings hurt they say it's violent........LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back