Ruble slides to new low

This is good news. But I doubt Putin's popularity will take much of a hit at home. He will blame America and his admiring millions will fall in line.

Nonetheless, this will make his "foreign adventures" more difficult to fund and perpetuate.

In my opinion this is not good. What means does Russia have for changing the situation? Oil has hit below 50 dollars that has to be putting a crimp on the Russians. So as happened when FDR caused Japan to attack Pearl harbor by cutting off their oil, the same may happen in this situation.

I was trying to think of what "foreign adventures" you are talking about? Russia hasn't, as far as i can remember attacked another country since Afghanistan. Yes they rolled tanks into the Ukraine but that was pretty much not a war.
The people of Abhazia, Ossetia, Georgia and Chechnia want you to start paying attention.

Yes we have weak leadership in the white house now, are you (a far left drone) finally admitting to that?
The last guy in the WH did nothing when Putin took down Chechnia, Ossetia , Abhazia and invaded Georgia. The guy in the WH now is making Putin pay a price.

This is good news. But I doubt Putin's popularity will take much of a hit at home. He will blame America and his admiring millions will fall in line.

Nonetheless, this will make his "foreign adventures" more difficult to fund and perpetuate.

In my opinion this is not good. What means does Russia have for changing the situation? Oil has hit below 50 dollars that has to be putting a crimp on the Russians. So as happened when FDR caused Japan to attack Pearl harbor by cutting off their oil, the same may happen in this situation.

I was trying to think of what "foreign adventures" you are talking about? Russia hasn't, as far as i can remember attacked another country since Afghanistan. Yes they rolled tanks into the Ukraine but that was pretty much not a war.
The people of Abhazia, Ossetia, Georgia and Chechnia want you to start paying attention.

The second Chechen war was 15 years ago.

Georgia, about 8 years ago.

Ossetia? Are you throwing them in with Georgia?

Abhazia? Weren't they last at ware with Georgia 20 years ago?

It's a deception. The Russians have never been in a stronger position than they are in right now. Both militarily and financially. Do not believe everything you are told.

I got to admit I don't see that, do you have a link?

Are you serious? How is it that you cannot see that? Putin spent 60 Billion on Sochi. They have a half trillion sitting in the bank which means that Russia doesn't have a 17 Trillion dollar Deficit like we do. They are a half trillion UP, Freewill. (that is the official statement for news sources - I have to believe that it is much, much more!)

I just asked for a link. If they are in such good shape why is the Ruble falling in relation to the dollar?

BTW here is the Russian debt clock: Russia Debt Clock National Debt of Russia

More info: Russia Government Budget 1994-2015 Data Chart Calendar Forecast

Russia Government Budget 1994-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast
Russia recorded a Government Budget deficit equal to 0.50 percent of the country's Gross Domestic Product in 2013. Government Budget in Russia averaged 1.75 Percent of GDP from 1994 until 2013, reaching an all time high of 9.88 Percent of GDP in 2005 and a record low of -7.90 Percent of GDP in 2009. Government Budget in Russia is reported by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation

Last edited:

Yes we have weak leadership in the white house now, are you (a far left drone) finally admitting to that?
The last guy in the WH did nothing when Putin took down Chechnia, Ossetia , Abhazia and invaded Georgia. The guy in the WH now is making Putin pay a price.

What is it our job to "do something?" What exactly are Obama's demands?

What is it our job to "do something?" What exactly are Obama's demands?
His demands are the same as the demands being made by our NATO allies. They demand Putin stop sending military equipment and mercenaries along with Russian troops into Ukraine to kill Ukrainian people and rob Ukrainian resources.

Let's see...Obama orchestrates a coup in Ukraine, then places sanctions on Russia for responding in Crimea, his newly installed gov in Ukraine shoot down a civilian jetliner, and now oil prices have magically been cut 50%...but that damn Putin is a warmongering dictator akin to Hitler...

Crazy!!!
Worst case of ODS (Obama Deranged Syndrome) we have seen.

This guy for actual reason hates Obama so much that he is willing to back a warmongering, corrupt, war criminal of his own President.

By the way if Reagan was alive today he would bitch slap you.
You clearly do not understand.

Obama is no different that most of his predecessors.

Did you do this much speculation on his predecessors as well...

The second Chechen war was 15 years ago.

Georgia, about 8 years ago.

Ossetia? Are you throwing them in with Georgia?

Abhazia? Weren't they last at ware with Georgia 20 years ago?
Chechna war lasted the entire two terms of W's Presidency. Didn't end until 2009. Ossetia is different country than Georgia and was cause of war with Georgia. Abhazia happened at same time as Georgia and Ossetia. Putin was in charge in Russia and W was in charge in USA.

Forum List

Back