Aug 1, 2012
Suggested reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossby_wave

24427162_BG3.jpg

rossby_wave_jet_stream

image016.jpg

1_2_14_andrew_polar_vortex_550_zps753e40e6.png

Meridional-Flow-300x250.png

Last edited:
So the warm temps were natural variability? Natural variability can account for a temperature swing of 11 degrees C.

Good of you to admit that. Now maybe you can stop crying over a fraction of a degree of increase over the past century.

• Banned
So the warm temps were natural variability? Natural variability can account for a temperature swing of 11 degrees C.

Good of you to admit that. Now maybe you can stop crying over a fraction of a degree of increase over the past century.

He never said any such thing. The most likely cause of the Rossby waves is the exceptional warming of the Arctic - so, AGW.

That temperatures from one location to another or between winter and summer should vary by relatively large numbers has nothing to do what those fractions of a degree (soon to be whole numbers) increase in the global average will do to us all.

Last edited:
You're reading WAAAY too much into this.. It's a natural LONG EXISTING phenomenon. Influenced and coupled to circulation all the way to the tropics.

Did you just discover that the Jet Stream MOVES? and that "Arctic Oscillations" are a part of life on the planet?? Or are you providing yet another excuse to keep your cause alive?

And when the waves pulled the vortex down into eastern Cananda, and the Eastern half of the lower 48, creating temps 2.2 to 4 degrees colder than normal, vast areas of northern Canada, Greenland, and Alaska were getting temps 11.4 C, or more, warmer than normal;

How did Surface Temperatures Rank for January 2014? - Climate Change Weather Blog

What do you know? It's still cold in the arctic and warm in the south. Why does that seem to come as a shock to warmers?

You're reading WAAAY too much into this.. It's a natural LONG EXISTING phenomenon. Influenced and coupled to circulation all the way to the tropics.

Did you just discover that the Jet Stream MOVES? and that "Arctic Oscillations" are a part of life on the planet?? Or are you providing yet another excuse to keep your cause alive?

For the most part I'm arguing against the flood of ignorance pouring out of your side of this as denier folks try to use this winter's weather in the US midwest and northeast to convince themselves that the world isn't getting any warmer.

And when the waves pulled the vortex down into eastern Cananda, and the Eastern half of the lower 48, creating temps 2.2 to 4 degrees colder than normal, vast areas of northern Canada, Greenland, and Alaska were getting temps 11.4 C, or more, warmer than normal;

How did Surface Temperatures Rank for January 2014? - Climate Change Weather Blog

What do you know? It's still cold in the arctic and warm in the south. Why does that seem to come as a shock to warmers?

What do you know, global temperatures have not dropped

800px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

For the most part I'm arguing against the flood of ignorance pouring out of your side of this as denier folks try to use this winter's weather in the US midwest and northeast to convince themselves that the world isn't getting any warmer.

Iam sure your heroes will find enough missing heat to keep your hopes alive... Snow will be rare occurrence soon. Thats what the geniuses at Hadley have spoken.

if you want to counter the weather as climate idiocy, you should at least pick a set of equations that werent derived in the 30s....

Lordy, lordy, you dumb fucks are so predictable. Flap yap, and nothing else. Here is what is going on.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

Lordy, lordy, you dumb fucks are so predictable. Flap yap, and nothing else. Here is what is going on.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

I already saw her on Day Two..

k7417899.jpg

I am constantly amazed at how little they know. Truly amazed.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah, sure. I guess you'll have to tell those "deniers" over at NOAA that the 17.5 year period of no warming is a figment of their imagination.

You propagandists are soooo predictable.

She was boring the first time I watched her. Nothing new, just the same old tired crap you asshats have been spewing out for three decades now. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Enjoy the suckage.

Iam sure your heroes will find enough missing heat to keep your hopes alive... Snow will be rare occurrence soon. Thats what the geniuses at Hadley have spoken.

if you want to counter the weather as climate idiocy, you should at least pick a set of equations that werent derived in the 30s....

The calculus to deal with them was derived by Liebnitz and Newton. Should we throw that out as well?

My "heroes", the working scientists of the world, have found is that the character of this US winter is a result of - not a refutation of - AGW. As far as I have read, that is a point of which you've all been repeatedlyinformed yet not a ONE of you has made ANY sort of logical response to the point. All we get are more weather reports from Duluth, International Falls and the tip of Mt Washington.

Yeah, sure. I guess you'll have to tell those "deniers" over at NOAA that the 17.5 year period of no warming is a figment of their imagination.

You propagandists are soooo predictable.

Funny, I don't see where I've made any mention of the hiatus or NOAA. You've failed to respond to what I actually said.

I am constantly amazed at how little they know. Truly amazed.

Is that why you're supporting a meme that attempts to refute 150 years of global climate records with a daily weather report from Chicago? Is that an indication of how much YOU know about this topic?

Forum List

Back