Roosevelt was a big fan of Hitler's before the war

Does that make him the best modern president, in your mind?

It certainly contributes towards that. Clearly, he was among America's most loved presidents at the time. It also let's me know his opposition party is merely engaging in revising history because he was a Democrat.

It certainly contributes towards that. Clearly, he was among America's most loved presidents at the time. It also let's me know his opposition party is merely engaging in revising history because he was a Democrat.
As you must know, the American electorate is the most propagandized group. This was no different in the 30s and 40s.

I doubt you’ll find a concerted effort by the R Party to denigrate FDR’s legacy. Thinking this way is common to those stuck in the duopoly matrix, as you are.

FDR saved us during the Depression
He saved the world in WWII
He oversaw the largest and longest depression in American history. He saved the world?, he unleashed the commie Soviet regime, armed them to max and then we had to counter their every move be that in Europe, Asia, or S. America for the next 50 years.

If we stayed out of it the Nazis would have taken care of the Soviets.

As you must know, the American electorate is the most propagandized group. This was no different in the 30s and 40s.

I doubt you’ll find a concerted effort by the R Party to denigrate FDR’s legacy. Thinking this way is common to those stuck in the duopoly matrix, as you are.

:itsok:

After everything we know about FDR today, thinking he was a great potus is foolish. The fact that many Americans still do, is proof they're propagandized by the establishment.

Again, I'll take the actions of the American people from then over the word of a begrudged opposition party nearly a century later.

Most progs don't know this, but before he invaded Czechoslovakia Roosevelt was a great admirer of Hitler. He was implementing all the schemes that Roosevelt wanted to impose on this country.

Roosevelt’s Prewar Attitude Toward Hitler
From the time FDR first took office in 1933 until America entered World War II in December 1941, the Roosevelt administration’s policy was to pursue cordial, sometimes even friendly relations with the Nazi regime.
Many Americans boycotted products from Nazi Germany. But the Roosevelt administration helped Nazi Germany evade the boycott in the 1930s by permitting goods from Germany to bear labels that misled consumers as to their country of origin. The administration halted this disgraceful practice only when threatened with a lawsuit by boycott activists.​
FDR also sent Secretary of Commerce Daniel Roper to address a pro-Nazi rally in New York City in 1933. At that rally, Nazi Germany’s ambassador to the United States was the keynote speaker and the podium and hall were decorated with swastika flags. In 1937, the administration sent one of its senior diplomats to represent the United States at the annual Nazi Party rally in Nuremberg.​
In some instances, the Roosevelt administration actually apologized for U.S. citizens’ anti-Nazi sentiment. In 1935, the administration publicly apologized to Adolf Hitler after a New York City judge released protesters who tore a swastika flag off a visiting German ship. Then, in 1937, when New York mayor Fiorello La Guardia called Hitler a “brown-shirted fanatic who is threatening the peace of the world,” Roosevelt’s secretary of state expressed the US government’s “regret” over “utterances calculated to be offensive to a foreign government.”​

A lot of British also admired Hitler. Little did they know what a monster he would turn out to be.

Again, I'll take the actions of the American people from then over the word of a begrudged opposition party nearly a century later.
850,000 dead Americans would disagree.

A lot of British also admired Hitler. Little did they know what a monster he would turn out to be.
Like a really stupid prog you interpreted my post to mean that Hitler should be admired.

What a fucking moron.

The point of my post was that FDR had really poor judgement, just as you do.

Most progs don't know this, but before he invaded Czechoslovakia Roosevelt was a great admirer of Hitler. He was implementing all the schemes that Roosevelt wanted to impose on this country.

Roosevelt’s Prewar Attitude Toward Hitler
From the time FDR first took office in 1933 until America entered World War II in December 1941, the Roosevelt administration’s policy was to pursue cordial, sometimes even friendly relations with the Nazi regime.
Many Americans boycotted products from Nazi Germany. But the Roosevelt administration helped Nazi Germany evade the boycott in the 1930s by permitting goods from Germany to bear labels that misled consumers as to their country of origin. The administration halted this disgraceful practice only when threatened with a lawsuit by boycott activists.​
FDR also sent Secretary of Commerce Daniel Roper to address a pro-Nazi rally in New York City in 1933. At that rally, Nazi Germany’s ambassador to the United States was the keynote speaker and the podium and hall were decorated with swastika flags. In 1937, the administration sent one of its senior diplomats to represent the United States at the annual Nazi Party rally in Nuremberg.​
In some instances, the Roosevelt administration actually apologized for U.S. citizens’ anti-Nazi sentiment. In 1935, the administration publicly apologized to Adolf Hitler after a New York City judge released protesters who tore a swastika flag off a visiting German ship. Then, in 1937, when New York mayor Fiorello La Guardia called Hitler a “brown-shirted fanatic who is threatening the peace of the world,” Roosevelt’s secretary of state expressed the US government’s “regret” over “utterances calculated to be offensive to a foreign government.”​
Perhaps he was reacting to the Robber Barons running the US.
They were not angels.

Like a really stupid prog you interpreted my post to mean that Hitler should be admired.

What a fucking moron.

The point of my post was that FDR had really poor judgement, just as you do.

No I didn't. Get a grip.

Perhaps he was reacting to the Robber Barons running the US.
They were not angels.
The standard of living in this country increased faster under the so-called robber barons than at any other time.

Who did they rob?

Forum List

Back