Roosevelt was a big fan of Hitler's before the war

More revisionist history

FDR was virulent anti-Nazi and propped up the UK
I have heard this for a number of years, history books make mention of it, it was from the progressives that Hitler was and grew to like euthanasia. The Hitler snubbing Owens at the Olympics wasn’t true either, however it was true FDR snubbed Owens when he invited all the Olympic athletes, except blacks, to the Whitehouse.

Time to grow up and face the facts.

Again, I'll take the actions of the American people from then over the word of a begrudged opposition party nearly a century later.
That’s ignorant. Particularly so, since we know today of FDR’s multiple deceptions.

Possible, but all the economic models that say FDR extended the Depression ignore the Depressions impact on starving families.
FDRs emphasis was on helping the people, not propping up the banks. He distributed food, set up jobs programs, expanded public works, provided welfare.

If that extended the Depression……So be it
I know the Walton's had a hard time of it but they got through it.

Possible, but all the economic models that say FDR extended the Depression ignore the Depressions impact on starving families.
FDRs emphasis was on helping the people, not propping up the banks. He distributed food, set up jobs programs, expanded public works, provided welfare.

If that extended the Depression……So be it
Why should an economic model include tear jerker stories about people starving? The people who point out that FDR only made the depression worse are trying to prevent people from starving, you fucking moron.

Why should an economic model include tear jerker stories about people starving? The people who point out that FDR only made the depression worse are trying to prevent people from starving, you fucking moron.
:fu:

That's totally wrong. People in their 80s weren't alive during the period of the so-called "robber barons," So how would they know? The standard of living increased for everyone all during "gilded age." People like Rockefeller and Vanderbilt got rich by selling their products to American consumers. Who was buying all this stuff if they were do poor?
You weren't alive when George Washington became the first US President but we have history books and people who were alive before FDR and they said life sucked.

Something all presidents are saddled with. Still, I'll take the word of all the millions of voters who kept electing him over and over until the day he died over disgruntled revisionists.
Ignorance is bliss.

Harry Hopkins was FDRs top advisor.
When informed that the economy would be better off in the long run if FDR implemented certain policies, he replied……

1657203236234.jpeg

It certainly contributes towards that. Clearly, he was among America's most loved presidents at the time. It also let's me know his opposition party is merely engaging in revising history because he was a Democrat.
What is being revised?

That FDR wasn't a great president.
He was a good President, he served well in the time he served. He overreached too many times for my liking, but he did what he felt was best and for that I can't fault him.

He oversaw the largest and longest depression in American history. He saved the world?, he unleashed the commie Soviet regime, armed them to max and then we had to counter their every move be that in Europe, Asia, or S. America for the next 50 years.

If we stayed out of it the Nazis would have taken care of the Soviets.

Yup.....turned a recession into the Great Depression......volitionally.

Harry Hopkins was FDRs top advisor.
When informed that the economy would be better off in the long run if FDR implemented certain policies, he replied……

View attachment 667333
You forgot to add that Hopkins was also a Stalinist spy. FDR was informed of this, but laughed it off. Unlike Trump, FDR really was a Russian plant.

Forum List

Back