Ronald Reagan: Worst president ever

But he made Mere-kins feel good again. Who cares that he took the easy path as oppose to the hard path of energy independence that Carter was striving for? His policies wreaked the US Oil Exploration industry. But energy was cheap and cocaine was so abundant because of Raygun they had to market Free Base as Crack just to turn a profit(that went to the Contra Terrorist in CostaRica, thanks Ronnie).j

You had a Soviet beach head on the North American Continent. All of your dreams were on the verge of becoming reality, Up through Honduras and Guatemala, roll into Mexico and you would have the world you were fighting for.

Then Reagan came along and spoiled it all.

Contra TERRORIST, really traitor? What were you Communists? Did you fly down to kill Indians for Danny Ortega? But that wasn't really terrorism, because you were fighting for the USSR, right traitor? Yeah, Reagan helped insurgents fight you Soviets. But you acting like the Soviets were the good guys?

Really traitor?

Nothing says Amerika like supporting dictators abroad! Do you still miss the General?

You mean the way Jimmy Carter supported Ortega?

Carter renounced his policy of detente and started the covert action against Nicaragua.

You'd have to wonder if who wrote that was even born yet during Reagan.

wait a minuet? we thought Obambam was going to swoop down and SAVE US from the Reagan and Bush's . so you're admitting he's been one big ass failure. a lot of us thinks that, so good job.

oh and I guess you're also saying Billy Boy Clinton was also a failure. so why would you keep electing Democrats to run our lives?
The US gov't is great for obstruction is you're hateful a-hole Pubs or silly dupes.

But he made Mere-kins feel good again. Who cares that he took the easy path as oppose to the hard path of energy independence that Carter was striving for? His policies wreaked the US Oil Exploration industry. But energy was cheap and cocaine was so abundant because of Raygun they had to market Free Base as Crack just to turn a profit(that went to the Contra Terrorist in CostaRica, thanks Ronnie).j

You had a Soviet beach head on the North American Continent. All of your dreams were on the verge of becoming reality, Up through Honduras and Guatemala, roll into Mexico and you would have the world you were fighting for.

Contra TERRORIST, really traitor? What were you Communists? Did you fly down to kill Indians for Danny Ortega? But that wasn't really terrorism, because you were fighting for the USSR, right traitor? Yeah, Reagan helped insurgents fight you Soviets. But you acting like the Soviets were the good guys?

Really traitor?

Nothing says Amerika like supporting dictators abroad! Do you still miss the General?

Carter renounced his policy of detente and started the covert action against Nicaragua.

ROFL! He did no such thing. All he ever did about communist expansion is whine like a petulant 5-year-old.

Really traitor?

link to that bs?

[QUOTE Other than voting for FDR, Reagan's secondary asset was his fear of nuclear weapons and nuclear war. With that fear, when Gorby talked of a nuclear deal, Reagan grabbed it. Were Stalin still in charge of the USSR, no way would there have been a deal, but both Gorby and Reagan were ready to talk business and the world made some small changes. Historians rate Reagan about average.

[QUOTE Other than voting for FDR, Reagan's secondary asset was his fear of nuclear weapons and nuclear war. With that fear, when Gorby talked of a nuclear deal, Reagan grabbed it. Were Stalin still in charge of the USSR, no way would there have been a deal, but both Gorby and Reagan were ready to talk business and the world made some small changes. Historians rate Reagan about average.

Historians are a bunch of pinkos, so their opinion isn't valid.

Stalin out bullshited the west and had Patton killed...Patton was going to destroy Stalin

Reagan knew this and out spent pizza Head and destroyed that empire...

I think Reagan got the revenge for the general's Patton and MacArthur

Stalin out bullshited the west and had Patton killed...Patton was going to destroy Stalin

Okay that one you are going to have to explain. Never heard of that before.

Okay that one you are going to have to explain. Never heard of that before.
Read a history book....

most of the people on that site are like a bunch of spoiled little snots

they are little slave to the Democrat party. It would be cute except they vote for our lives and who want's someone with that much hate voting for their life?
Born in 84. Old enough to remember my parents troubles thanks to that asshole.

Really? You were what? Five years old when he left office? Most likely four unless you were born in January...

I'm gonna call bullshit...

I was twenty in 1984. I remember the Reagan years well. I remember how well my folks were doing. I remember how well I was doing. I remember how well my friends and there families were doing...

Now, I'm not going to sit here a say Reagan was the "greatest President ever," he wasn't. But he is far from the worst...

Comparing to him to the presidents since then you are correct,each president since him has been more evil than he was however he was EASILY the worst ever at the TIME as my previous post proved the fact that he tripled the debt which was the worst ever for any president COMBINED.
I guess that is the only factor that a president needs to be measured against?

What do you think of Obama then?

they are little slave to the Democrat party. It would be cute except they vote for our lives and who want's someone with that much hate voting for their life?

Really? You were what? Five years old when he left office? Most likely four unless you were born in January...

I was twenty in 1984. I remember the Reagan years well. I remember how well my folks were doing. I remember how well I was doing. I remember how well my friends and there families were doing...

Now, I'm not going to sit here a say Reagan was the "greatest President ever," he wasn't. But he is far from the worst...

Comparing to him to the presidents since then you are correct,each president since him has been more evil than he was however he was EASILY the worst ever at the TIME as my previous post proved the fact that he tripled the debt which was the worst ever for any president COMBINED.

A scumbag that didn't do SHIT he said he was going to do.

As soon as I saw your link was the daily kos, I didn't even waste my time reading that communist diatribe. And yes, I purposely didn't capitalize the first letters in daily kos because it's not worthy of that respect. Where the daily kos belongs is at the bottom of a parrot's cage.

Worst presidents ever:

1. Teddy Roosevelt
2. Woodrow Wilson
3. Ayatollah Odumbo
4. George W. Bush
5 Lyndon B. Johnson
6. Jimmy Carter
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George H.W. Bush

Ortega was a communist like Allende or Sanders. He was elected President and left when he lost an election, Reagan dupe.

He left only with a lot of prodding by the US, and he tried to rig the election the election in which he was defeated. He did the same in the election that made him president. I wouldn't say "brought him to power," because he was already in power.

As soon as I saw your link was the daily kos, I didn't even waste my time reading that communist diatribe. And yes, I purposely didn't capitalize the first letters in daily kos because it's not worthy of that respect. Where the daily kos belongs is at the bottom of a parrot's cage.

Worst presidents ever:

1. Teddy Roosevelt
2. Woodrow Wilson
3. Ayatollah Odumbo
4. George W. Bush
5 Lyndon B. Johnson
6. Jimmy Carter
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George H.W. Bush

1. Abraham Lincoln
  2. FDR
  3. Woodrow Wilson
  4. Obomalini
  5. Jimmy Carter
  6. Lyndon Banes Johnson

Ortega was a communist like Allende or Sanders. He was elected President and left when he lost an election, Reagan dupe.

He left only with a lot of prodding by the US, and he tried to rig the election the election in which he was defeated. He did the same in the election that made him president. I wouldn't say "brought him to power," because he was already in power.
Link to that bs?

A scumbag that didn't do SHIT he said he was going to do.
Only brought us back to the best economy in the world, ended the stupidest wars ever, and gave us the greatest social reform in 80 years, all despite total mindless GOP obstruction.

what still burns the people like those sheep/snots over at kos and the other sheep followers of the Democrat party. They've never had anyone who pulled off what Reagan did. and probably never will because they aren't that liked. they win mostly from their dirty politics like this ranting about Reagan, Bush, Trump, Sarah Palin and on and on.

look at their supposed historic win with Obama and then in the first midterm election they got a historic ass kicking and lost the House. doesn't that scream we LOVE YOU MAN.

and the next midterms under that thug Obama they lost the Senate in another historic ass kicking. Doesn't that scream: we love you man.

yep like I said, they aren't all that liked especially under that Obama I think they are hated. but their base still wants to act like they are THE ONE and only THE ONE people want in their lives. so out comes the claws for Reagan in between their hate about all the candidates running for President. you have to feel sorry for them in a way. reality sucks. and they should pass this around at the Kosbehive. they could learn a thing or two about our history

Besides JFK no other President was as admired as Reagan was and still is.

read it and weep.
snip;
Landslide Victory by Reagan Underscores Democratic Ills
An article from CQ Almanac 1984

Document Outline

Walter F. Mondale frequently asked during the primary season, “Where's the beef?” But many Democrats may be wondering after his lopsided loss to President Reagan Nov. 6, 1984, “Where's the base?”

Reagan's win was about as sweeping as they come, exposing again the Democrats' limited appeal in presidential voting. Reagan drew 59 percent of the popular vote — just shy of the 61 percent standard established by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964. He won all but one state, a feat performed previously only by Richard M. Nixon in 1972, and won a record 525 electoral votes. That left 13 electoral votes for Mondale, who carried the District of Columbia and his home state of Minnesota. (Past landslides, p. 4-B)

In spite of the magnitude of Reagan's victory, hardly anyone was surprised. The pollsters had been predicting a massive Reagan sweep since late summer, with final election-eve surveys showing him far ahead. Unlike the 1980 presidential race, which had a volatile finish that propelled Reagan to a decisive victory over President Jimmy Carter, most voters seemed to have had their minds made up in 1984 long before Election Day.

By early November, the only question was whether Reagan would become the first presidential candidate to sweep every state since the national popular vote tally was instituted in the early 1800s. He just missed achieving that distinction; despite a late campaign stop in Mondale's home state, Reagan lost Minnesota — but only by less than 35,000 votes. (Results, p. 6-B)

For the Democrats, the 1984 election was another in their growing string of presidential election drubbings. At no time in this century has a major party gone through a series of electoral debacles as one-sided as the Democrats have experienced in the last 12 years. In two of the last four contests they have carried only one state. In three of the last four races, they have carried no more than six states.

In recent years it has taken unusual circumstances for the Democratic presidential ticket to be competitive. Carter capitalized on public disfavor with the Republicans generated by the Watergate scandal to win in 1976. Yet even then his victory margin was just 2 percentage points. In the other three elections since 1968, the Democrats have lost by margins of 23, 10 and now 18 percentage points.

1984 was not a particularly auspicious year for the Democrats to break the GOP's recent White House dominance. Reagan is one of the most popular of recent presidents, and the perceived economic upswing served to underscore his themes of peace and prosperity. Adding to the Republican advantage was Mondale's relative unpopularity even within his own party. In the Democratic primaries, more than three out of every five voters cast ballots for a candidate other than the former vice president.

CQ Almanac Online Edition

Forum List

Back