Ron Paul on Meet the Press.

Ron Paul is honest; he is also an iconoclast and would never be able to convince a Congress to pass the legislation required for the nation to adopt a Libertarian Ideology. His ideas are appealing in the abstract, reality would rapidly intrude and lead us to another lost opportunity to solve our problems.

I wouldn't be so sure.
Even the most optimistic economist know it is a matter of time before the markets crash again...we are pushing a ludicrous 12,000 now...based on absolutely nothing and everyone knows it.
When it falls (later this year as many are saying, or early next year) - and after Obama does yet another stimulus 3.0..and after the economy is still reeling in November - all bets are off.

Ron Paul is honest; he is also an iconoclast and would never be able to convince a Congress to pass the legislation required for the nation to adopt a Libertarian Ideology. His ideas are appealing in the abstract, reality would rapidly intrude and lead us to another lost opportunity to solve our problems.

What does that even mean, do you know? What parts of his plan can Paul not get passed?

Do you know the meaning of Iconoclast? Ron Paul challenges the special interests of the aged, corporations, defense contractors, Big Pharma, Big Farma, neo-conservatives, liberals and progressives, small businessmen, religious leaders, government employees, researchers and any number of Constitutional Amendments and Supreme Court decisions.

A Ron Paul Administration would be gridlock. No one wants a president who threatens their own personal golden goose.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that will end the global empire ( only GOP candidate )Ron Paul is the only candidate that will not drag us into a war with Iran ( speculation at best )
Ron Paul is the only candidate with a serious plan for fixing the economy ( is it serious? Obama has one too )Ron Paul is the only candidate with a serious plan to significantly reduce government spending without cutting beneifits most Americans recieve. ( that is not possible )Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan on stopping immigration and saves us money at the same time. ( the only GOP candidate, maybe )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that talks about corporate welfare. ( no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that considers ending the federal reserve ( we have a WINNER ) anything more then crowd pleasing rhetoric
Ron Paul is the only candidate that has a consistant voting record and has not changed his opinion even when it was not welcomed. ( he is consistent )Ron Paul is the only candidate that speaks about lobbiests. (no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands the economy ( no he isn't )Ron Paul is the only candidate dedicated to fixing the financial disaster that is on the horizen. ( no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate with an opinion that doesnt sound like an state farm commercial. ( dumb )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that wants to cut taxes on the middle class. (no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that does more then give lip service to the constitution and bill of rights. ( no he isn't )

I like him. I'd cast a vote his way if I were forced to choose a nutter. But...the whole denial of evolution and the inconsistency on RIGHTS make him a no go VS Obama for me.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is the only candidate that will end the global empire ( only GOP candidate )Ron Paul is the only candidate that will not drag us into a war with Iran ( speculation at best )
Ron Paul is the only candidate with a serious plan for fixing the economy ( is it serious? Obama has one too )Ron Paul is the only candidate with a serious plan to significantly reduce government spending without cutting beneifits most Americans recieve. ( that is not possible )Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan on stopping immigration and saves us money at the same time. ( the only GOP candidate, maybe )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that talks about corporate welfare. ( no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that considers ending the federal reserve ( we have a WINNER ) anything more then crowd pleasing rhetoric
Ron Paul is the only candidate that has a consistant voting record and has not changed his opinion even when it was not welcomed. ( he is consistent )Ron Paul is the only candidate that speaks about lobbiests. (no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands the economy ( no he isn't )Ron Paul is the only candidate dedicated to fixing the financial disaster that is on the horizen. ( no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate with an opinion that doesnt sound like an state farm commercial. ( dumb )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that wants to cut taxes on the middle class. (no he isn't )
Ron Paul is the only candidate that does more then give lip service to the constitution and bill of rights. ( no he isn't )

I like him. I'd cast a vote his way if I were forced to choose a nutter. But...the whole denial of evolution and the inconsistency on RIGHTS make him a no go VS Obama for me.

Ron Paul denies evolution?

How is he inconsistent on rights?

What does that even mean, do you know? What parts of his plan can Paul not get passed?

Do you know the meaning of Iconoclast? Ron Paul challenges the special interests of the aged, corporations, defense contractors, Big Pharma, Big Farma, neo-conservatives, liberals and progressives, small businessmen, religious leaders, government employees, researchers and any number of Constitutional Amendments and Supreme Court decisions.

A Ron Paul Administration would be gridlock. No one wants a president who threatens their own personal golden goose.

Are you not one of the people that argue we are in gridlock currently?? So does that make Obama an Iconoclast? Do you plan to vote for Obama again? Tell me again what Obama can't do...

If the congress wont follow his leadership then it is time for Ron Paul to start showing leadership to the people on decisions made at the voting booth. Its time to clean up washington and Ron Paul is the one guy that can get it done.

Correct, exactly.

And as for any number of Constitutional Amendments and Supreme Court decisions, that would be the 14th Amendment and many of the Warren Court decisions in particular.

This is typical of the Ron Paul supporter: naïve, simplistic, reactionary. They dream of going back to the 18th Century, where everything was produced and purchased in the United States, indeed, where much of one’s food and goods were produced within a few miles of where he lived. Where the vast majority of Americans lived and worked on their own farms, or worked in their own shops in villages, towns and cities – none of which were very large.

Except for itinerant laborers, there was no working or middle class – everyone was indeed his ‘own boss’; but this America has been gone for well over 150 years, it’s time Paul’s supports realize this and learn to live with it.

There are many good politicians. They just don't have a microphone shoved in their faces all the time. To insist Paul is the only man that can right our country is silly. Even if he ever got elected he would need those that you think don't exist to get his ideas put into effect.

Correct, exactly.

And as for any number of Constitutional Amendments and Supreme Court decisions, that would be the 14th Amendment and many of the Warren Court decisions in particular.

This is typical of the Ron Paul supporter: naïve, simplistic, reactionary. They dream of going back to the 18th Century, where everything was produced and purchased in the United States, indeed, where much of one’s food and goods were produced within a few miles of where he lived. Where the vast majority of Americans lived and worked on their own farms, or worked in their own shops in villages, towns and cities – none of which were very large.

Except for itinerant laborers, there was no working or middle class – everyone was indeed his ‘own boss’; but this America has been gone for well over 150 years, it’s time Paul’s supports realize this and learn to live with it.

And your post is a typical uninformed, war loving Obamabot... Everything is super complex and can be interpreted to meaning polar opposites of what otherwise seems like a clear rule/law/explanation.

How is your Homeland security expanding, Bush tax cut passing, war starting, war expanding, Guantanamo still open, secret prison still secret, deficit spending, debt expanding, citizen killing, bailout loving President doing these days? I hear he needs more money because the last near trillion dollar stimulus didn’t meet a single benchmark he set.

Are you not one of the people that argue we are in gridlock currently?? So does that make Obama an Iconoclast? Do you plan to vote for Obama again? Tell me again what Obama can't do...

We are gridlocked. The current Congress understands "Checks" but rejects "Balances"; Obama has been confronted by a rigid ideological foe playing a zero sum game.

I will be voting for President Obama; the Republican Party has no one who represents a balanced approach to economic, foreign and social policy. He also is presidential, the current crop of candidates for the GOP behave as if they are in a bar arguing, not on the world's stage. As candidates they are an embarrassment to the GOP, as President each of them would dishonor the office.

There are many good politicians. They just don't have a microphone shoved in their faces all the time. To insist Paul is the only man that can right our country is silly. Even if he ever got elected he would need those that you think don't exist to get his ideas put into effect.

No one says Ron Paul is the only person that can do right for the country, he is just the only person running for President that anyone knows of that can do anything right for the country... If you have someone else in mind let me know. Well, maybe Newt but lets be honest, Newt is not even half as popular as Paul so no one has even tried to look at his policies and see if it's good or bad.

Past all that I find it interesting when people claim the hard part would be to pass the things Paul wants, in fact it would be a lot easier than what most want to do being Paul is not starting programs, he is ending the... Not even getting into the country is broke and how many Republicans will switch to being Democrats to defend these programs...

Last edited:

Your right, but he is the only conservative with any shot at winning the executive branch in 2012.

We are gridlocked. The current Congress understands "Checks" but rejects "Balances"; Obama has been confronted by a rigid ideological foe playing a zero sum game.

I will be voting for President Obama; the Republican Party has no one who represents a balanced approach to economic, foreign and social policy. He also is presidential, the current crop of candidates for the GOP behave as if they are in a bar arguing, not on the world's stage. As candidates they are an embarrassment to the GOP, as President each of them would dishonor the office.

And there you have it. You blame everyone but Obama but in the case of RP you find no other problem than him.

Also you should look up some of the debates with Hillary and Obama back in 2007, they acted just, like Mitt and Perry...

I understand I can’t change who you vote for, that is not my intension. But for you to sit here and blame everything (EVERYTHING) on Republicans as to why Obama can’t get things done, then claim others should not be President because "they might not be able to get things done" makes you sound like a fucking moron... Wouldn’t that be the same situation for Paul as it is for the guy you plan on voting for?

To be more clear, Obama can’t even get his own party to support him anymore... He had to pass Obamacare in a fucked way to get around his own party... The budget was held up by Obama and his own party and in the end the budget was almost identical as to what Obama and the Dems put up. Then in a panic they try and blame it on the TP, the TP that told Obama the crap budget they won’t vote for could get the country downgraded….

Last edited:
The evidence is very clear, we have knowledgeable leadership available and willing to put forth their life for the preservation, protection, and upholding of our Constitution and our Liberties without destroying our economy, our families, or our communities. It is also clear to me that this is very unclear to the majority of the citizens of the United States. We have become very complacent with our own responsibilities and dependent on what the voices of our political caucuses and our news media put forth. If anything is true, it is this, that we as a whole of a nation cannot differentiate between what is truly in our best interest and what is going to kill us. The most frustrating part of this is that it is now clear in every sector of our country not just politics, every market, every industry; every geo-social aspect of our daily lives has clear evidence of our failure, “Head in hands, in disgust”. All that I can say is that my primary responsibility is to my family and my community and doing what I can to protect and serve them, secondly to partner with as many in my community as I can to do the same in our state and subsequently our nation. We do have some power and influence over this but it starts at home and in our communities.

Being partisan today makes as much sense as comparing a big mac in new york with a big mac in california. Nomatter what way you look at its the same thing in the box.

If the congress wont follow his leadership then it is time for Ron Paul to start showing leadership to the people on decisions made at the voting booth. Its time to clean up washington and Ron Paul is the one guy that can get it done.

Why? How? The office of President does not allow for that level of power.

Being partisan today makes as much sense as comparing a big mac in new york with a big mac in california. Nomatter what way you look at its the same thing in the box.

A voice of reason. Very true. It's all Democan/Republicrat now. This current President hasn't done anything new or original. It's all just a re-run tv show. Dr. Paul is the only politician even worth listening to at this point.

Forum List

Back