Ron Paul Legalize Marijuana Bill: 8 Reasons Why It Makes Sense

I hope it stays illegal. There's so much money in that business and the quality is through the roof on the black market that the government can only fuck it up at this point. In my state it's quasi-legal and there's actually markets with up to a 100 vendors with everything you can imagine. It would be much better if the government stayed out of it.

Come on, this is a great perspective! Made me laugh, and not in disagreement. At least in the poster's context, the status quo probably is better.

Marijuana prohibition is absurd, hypocritical and unjustifiable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for decriminalization. It's disgusting that millions of Americans have had their lives destroyed from a harmless plant. However, the quasi-legal status in my state right now is perfect as the marijuana industry is absolutely booming right now and with the market still technically being black there's tons of jobs and opportunities to make money instead of a few corporate entities controlling everything.

It can't last forever as capitalism dictates that eventually the best and brightest will corner the market sooner or later. And the government will not be able to stay away from the possible money in this industry, unless it's more profitable to them to regulate and jail Americans for it. But right now is a true golden age.

Last edited:
"I dont get the dope obsession....get high on life!!!!! "

only dopes call it "dope"

Pot is a recreational//relaxing drug

people on pot are NOT wacked out druggies

MILLIONS of people smoke it every day and do NOT commit crimes

I have no doubt that you have had conversations with people "on pot" and you didn't even know it!

MOST pot smokers; finish high school, go to college, get degrees, have careers, own businesses, get married, buy houses, have kids, send kids to college, pay taxes

MOST pot smokers smoke pot and; play frisbee, pay basketball, play golf, watch tv, play board games, play video games. read books, pay music, make music

some of the best music written in the past 50 years has been written (and played) by pot smokers

I know pot smokers who play in bands
are artists
make furniture

these people are not DOPES
they are NOT CRIMINALS
and only FREEDOM-HATING, nanny state lovers who want to tell everyone how to live and PUNISH PEOPLE for not following irrational and illogical laws (that would be conservatives) would want to continue to ruin the lives of decent people over such an insignificant issue.

Dude.....i didnt say any of that.....a hood friend of my did pot, shroms, and acid like crazy and still functioned, what I dont get is the cultish obsession with it.... Theyre like Apple crazies

Won't pass. I have always said they can legalize all the drugs they want. As long as I can waste anyone on them who commits a crime against me.

If you think pot smokers are the ones running around committing violent crime. You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

No, the potheads are the ones costing us money with their mental illnesses triggered by pot smoking. And the stupid people who think losing 10 IQ points is cool, because they smoke that shit.

Fucking morons can do what they want... as long as I don't end up having to pay for them or their offspring.

These idiotic potheads like to pretend there is anything behind their childish insistence on having their pacifier other than "I wanna, I wanna!"

Put down the cookie dough, get off the couch, and grow the fuck up you stoned losers.

Unkotare
"Wrong again, Cheech. Put down the bong and stop making an ass of yourself. "

color me shocked! another right wing conservative who believes in a nanny state and believes they know best for everyone!

the problem with conservatives is that they KNOW so much that aint so!

why on earth would you want to deny freedom to people?

why on earth would you want a NANNY state?

why on earth would you want to destroy peoples lives over a plant that is LESS dangerous than alcohol or tobacco?

are you just against pot because you are a conservative and you are against ANYTHING that you associate with liberalism?

Just exactly WHAT is wrong with you?

Dude.....i didnt say any of that.....a hood friend of my did pot, shroms, and acid like crazy and still functioned, what I dont get is the cultish obsession with it.... Theyre like Apple crazies
Forget the "shrooms," acid, and other stuff which bears absolutely no relevance to the marijuana issue. Those of us who persistently advocate marijuana legalization are motivated by the simple fact that there is no justifiable reason for its being illegal. Marijuana prohibition is wrongful federal oppression which is harmful to society in a broad variety of ways, most of which the average American has no awareness of and is therefore incapable of considering.

The criminal prosecution of marijuana "offenses" is in itself a crime against those peaceful American citizens who are affected by it. It is a devious form of exploitation by corrupt officials at the highest levels of government.

Unkotare
"Wrong again, Cheech. Put down the bong and stop making an ass of yourself. "

color me shocked! another right wing conservative who believes in a nanny state and believes they know best for everyone!

the problem with conservatives is that they KNOW so much that aint so!

why on earth would you want to deny freedom to people?

why on earth would you want a NANNY state?

why on earth would you want to destroy peoples lives over a plant that is LESS dangerous than alcohol or tobacco?

are you just against pot because you are a conservative and you are against ANYTHING that you associate with liberalism?

Just exactly WHAT is wrong with you?

Stop pretending you have a passionate concern for "freedom," Willie. You are just another empty pothead flopped out on the sofa who wants to get high. Nothing more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE]Braveheart - Freedom - YouTube[/ame]

"Stop pretending you have a passionate concern for "freedom," Willie. You are just another empty pothead flopped out on the sofa who wants to get high. Nothing more."

?
You really are conservative, aren't you.

I mean, who else would just fabricate lies like that and then competely believe them?

who else would bemoan a "nanny state" as they work to implement a nanny state?

who else would shout about FREEDOM as they work to deny freedom to others?

EVen if it was true that I "just want to smoke pot and sit in the couch" (which it isn't)

so what?

why is it any of YOUR business?

why do you want to PUNISH ME for it?

why do you want to DESTROY other peoples lives just because they smoke pot and sit on a couch?

what kind of conservative nazi are you?

WHY do you REALLY REALLY want to PUNISH PEOPLE for this insignificant "Crime"?

LOTS of NON pot smokers sit on couches.....
and watch nascar! (cars going round and round and round and round...
is THAT any better?)

some people sit on couches and drink beer and watch football
or baseball
or hockey
or golf
or bad TV programs!

should we make them criminals for it?

and some people JUST WANT ICE CREAM
or candy
or fried, fatty foods
and they sit on the couch and consume this crap

and get REALLY OBESE
and develop health problems
and then cranes comes in and pick them up and carry them off to the doctors so they can drain medicare and insurance with their health problems because they sat on a couch and consumed tons of bad food!

should we criminalize them?

LOTS of decent, hard working people smoke pot
MOST of them have jobs and families and houses
MANY of them go on to college, get degrees, have careers, own businesses, get married, have kids, buy houses, send kids to college, buy goods, pay taxes....

MANY pot smokers are much more productive than you lyingly give them NO credit for; people who make music, art, jewelry, furniture, writers, developers, architects, designers....

and you want to PUNISH these people simply because they smoke a plant that is FAR LESS dangerous than;

alcohol
tobacco
fatty foods
obesity
football
hockey
boxing
ultimate fighting
race car driving
and a million OTHER Legal things?

You can ( and no doubt will, in your ignorance) continue to mock and ridicule me with your lack of knowledge...

but other than YOUR DESIRE to punish people (how selfish of you!...it's ME ME ME with you, isn't it? "I MUST HAVE MY WAY!")
You've got NO FACTS on your side

just mean spirited ignorance and a desire to punish people

and that about sums up todays conservative

These idiotic nanny state freedom hating conservatives like to pretend there is something behind their desire to punish people other than "?I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA PUNISH PEOPLE!"

EVen if it was true that I "just want to smoke pot and sit in the couch"(which it isn't)

so what?

why is it any of YOUR business?

Yeah, I thought so. :eusa_whistle:

Spark it up, dude! :rolleyes:

Useless fucking potheads

Forum List

Back