Ron Paul: “Good News” That Secession Is Happening

I absolutely believe in liberty. What I don't believe is that we will have more liberty if the southern states secede. I also know we would have far more financial troubles afterwards.

And if you want to see corruption and incompetence, look at some of the state gov'ts in the south.
I see. So basically you are saying we have no choice but to accept federal tyranny, because liberty is the liberty to be tyrants.

No, that is not what I said at all. I am all for liberty and using the ballot box to make sure we preserve our liberties.

Secession will not grant more liberties.
You're still not listening. They were talking about rebelling against Obama's Executive orders that the people ignore federal laws written to protect the people. Ron called ignoring such orders, that are nothing more than Dictates from a self proclaimed Emperor, defacto session... aka. ignoring that which is clearly unconstitutional. The president should not be allowed to overrule congress.

Then take it to the SCOTUS and get it overturned. Pulling out of the United States is a ridiculous option to even pretend is legitimate.
YOU ARE STILL NOT LISTENING... NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SECESSION. You have made an incorrect assumption that someone has called for secession. What this is about is insubordination, not secession.

Considering that the name of the OP concerns secession, and I specifically asked which states would be seceding, I think i have listened quite well. To claim that the states will all ignore the federal gov't and no longer recognize its power, is to claim that 50 different states would cooperate in any functional fashion. No, that wouldn't work at all.

Yes it is Ron, yes it is... Need to look up my old fire team members.....

Geaux
========================================

Former Republican presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul says secession is happening and it’s “good news.” Paul later predicted the states would stop listening to federal laws.

“I would like to start off by talking about the subject and the subject is secession and, uh, nullification, the breaking up of government, and the good news is it’s gonna happen. It’s happening,” Paul, the father of potential Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, told a gathering at the libertarian Mises Institute in late January. The event Paul was speaking at was titled “Breaking Away: The Case for Secession.”

Paul said secession would not be legislated by Congress, but would be de facto, predicting “when conditions break down…there’s gonna be an alternative.”

Ron Paul Good News That Secession Is Happening - BuzzFeed News

This is why Paul will never be President.
Yeah too many people lie about what Paul says for him to be allowed to be President. Liberty can't be allowed in this authoritarian state.

The numbers come from comparing what money goes TO the federal gov't and what money comes FROM the federal gov't.

Where they earned their money before the secession is not relevant. They are now living in the south and have the income from the feds. Do you think they will go along with secession if they will be penniless afterwards?

Yes it is relevant. Giving credit to a democrat state for income earned by republicans is as asinine as blaming republican states for federal democrat welfare programs in republican states.

Look, it boils down to this. If a state sends $10 to the feds in all the taxes paid, and then receives $15 in all the federal benefits, the state is not going to fare well when the fed is gone. Whether they are democrats or republicans does not change that at all.
You are STILL NOT LISTENING. The STATE DOES NOT SEND PERSONAL FEDERAL INCOME TAXES TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The people send personal federal income taxes, not the STATES. Giving political credit to the STATES for that which is earned and paid by the people, is LUDICROUS. You have been taken by a CON.

Ok, then compare what the people in those states send to the fed with what the people in those states receive from the federal gov't and tell me how it works out? Oh, and add in all the federal funds for highways, interstates, bridges, power stations ect ect. Several of the southern states cost the feds more than they contribute. And I am saying that as a lifelong southerner.

YOU ARE STILL NOT LISTENING. If you want to compare what ONE PERSON PUTS IN VS. WHAT THAT PERSON RECEIVES that is a fair comparison. BLAMING A STATE BECAUSE THAT PERSON MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE IS LUDICROUS.

I specifically asked which states were going to secede, and I received an answer. I addressed that answer. And since the article discussed no longer having a central federal gov't, it is a reasonable comparison to make. If Alabama takes more money from the fed than it gives (both the people IN Alabama and the state itself), then removing the fed causes Alabama to go into the red. If there is no federal gov't, how will you convince the people of Ohio, Connecticut or Oregon to send money?

When a hurricane hist the gulf coast, who will provide relief? Nebraska? Montana? Or will they say "Those people shouldn't live on the coast"?

I see. So basically you are saying we have no choice but to accept federal tyranny, because liberty is the liberty to be tyrants.

No, that is not what I said at all. I am all for liberty and using the ballot box to make sure we preserve our liberties.

Secession will not grant more liberties.
You're still not listening. They were talking about rebelling against Obama's Executive orders that the people ignore federal laws written to protect the people. Ron called ignoring such orders, that are nothing more than Dictates from a self proclaimed Emperor, defacto session... aka. ignoring that which is clearly unconstitutional. The president should not be allowed to overrule congress.

Then take it to the SCOTUS and get it overturned. Pulling out of the United States is a ridiculous option to even pretend is legitimate.
YOU ARE STILL NOT LISTENING... NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SECESSION. You have made an incorrect assumption that someone has called for secession. What this is about is insubordination, not secession.

Considering that the name of the OP concerns secession, and I specifically asked which states would be seceding, I think i have listened quite well. To claim that the states will all ignore the federal gov't and no longer recognize its power, is to claim that 50 different states would cooperate in any functional fashion. No, that wouldn't work at all.
The title of the OP is a lie. No one said all 50 states would ignore Obama's dictates. You're just making up straw-men to try to change the context of the OP's lie and Ron's statements.

Yes it is relevant. Giving credit to a democrat state for income earned by republicans is as asinine as blaming republican states for federal democrat welfare programs in republican states.

Look, it boils down to this. If a state sends $10 to the feds in all the taxes paid, and then receives $15 in all the federal benefits, the state is not going to fare well when the fed is gone. Whether they are democrats or republicans does not change that at all.
You are STILL NOT LISTENING. The STATE DOES NOT SEND PERSONAL FEDERAL INCOME TAXES TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The people send personal federal income taxes, not the STATES. Giving political credit to the STATES for that which is earned and paid by the people, is LUDICROUS. You have been taken by a CON.

Ok, then compare what the people in those states send to the fed with what the people in those states receive from the federal gov't and tell me how it works out? Oh, and add in all the federal funds for highways, interstates, bridges, power stations ect ect. Several of the southern states cost the feds more than they contribute. And I am saying that as a lifelong southerner.

YOU ARE STILL NOT LISTENING. If you want to compare what ONE PERSON PUTS IN VS. WHAT THAT PERSON RECEIVES that is a fair comparison. BLAMING A STATE BECAUSE THAT PERSON MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE IS LUDICROUS.

I specifically asked which states were going to secede, and I received an answer. I addressed that answer. And since the article discussed no longer having a central federal gov't, it is a reasonable comparison to make. If Alabama takes more money from the fed than it gives (both the people IN Alabama and the state itself), then removing the fed causes Alabama to go into the red. If there is no federal gov't, how will you convince the people of Ohio, Connecticut or Oregon to send money?

When a hurricane hist the gulf coast, who will provide relief? Nebraska? Montana? Or will they say "Those people shouldn't live on the coast"?
People who live on a coast should buy their own insurance vs. expecting the income of the rest of the country to be their insurance policy.

Basically a lost "feeling", nostalgic aspects of a time gone by, a time in our history when the economy was humming along nicely, where most people could count on a job that would take them to retirement.
As for the social aspect if you and they would temporarily drop your "us vs them" stereotyping and generalizing propaganda both of you might actually see what the other sees and comprehend what the other comprehends when making blanket statements like "change back".
So in truth it "begs nothing" in a non adversarial setting.
Well it does at least hint you want to try what was a historical and social period that can't be reproduced?

Geaux

Former Republican presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul says secession is happening and it’s “good news.” Paul later predicted the states would stop listening to federal laws.

“I would like to start off by talking about the subject and the subject is secession and, uh, nullification, the breaking up of government, and the good news is it’s gonna happen. It’s happening,” Paul, the father of potential Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, told a gathering at the libertarian Mises Institute in late January. The event Paul was speaking at was titled “Breaking Away: The Case for Secession.”

Paul said secession would not be legislated by Congress, but would be de facto, predicting “when conditions break down…there’s gonna be an alternative.”

Yeah too many people lie about what Paul says for him to be allowed to be President. Liberty can't be allowed in this authoritarian state.

You wouldn't know an authoritarian state from your own asshole. Why do you people say such incredibly stupid things all the time?

hose "poor southern redneck states" would control most of the oil and gas in the country, the gulf ports, the seafood industry, and much of the agricultural production, not to mention auto factories, banks, and military bases.

You sound just like a Statist!

Geaux

You wouldn't know an authoritarian state from your own asshole. Why do you people say such incredibly stupid things all the time?
Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck, shits like a duck... I'm sorry what about this country is not an Authoritarian state?

Geaux

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck, shits like a duck... I'm sorry what about this country is not an Authoritarian state?

If this were an authoritarian state you'd already be under arrest. Only the very stupidest and most dishonest of people would say something so idiotic. But you're in good company, plenty of unthinking retards in this country.

Not more of this secession nonsense!

Who believes that there will be states seceding from the Union? Which ones?

I would let them go. They don't contribute much to our nation. Most of those states are just leaches off the rest of us. So I have no problem with letting them secede from the union.

Let them take care of themselves for once.

I would let them go. They don't contribute much to our nation. Most of those states are just leaches off the rest of us. So I have no problem with letting them secede from the union.

I hate to disappoint you, but the southern states are not going anywhere.

Geaux

If this were an authoritarian state you'd already be under arrest. Only the very stupidest and most dishonest of people would say something so idiotic. But you're in good company, plenty of unthinking retards in this country.

Obama's moving us towards that day, and you are helping him. Remember when he was accusing people who spoke out against one of his policies "terrorists"?

What an incredibly idiotic thing to say.

Obama's moving us towards that day, and you are helping him. Remember when he was accusing people who spoke out against one of his policies "terrorists"?

We've been hearing that childish crap for six years. What's taking so long? It certainly can't be the incompetent Congress that stops the President.

Forum List

Back