Ron Johnson Breaks Two-Term Pledge

Must be the draw of big money...

That's okay. I remember a guy from Illinois who was elected to the senate in 2004 and he pledged to serve his full term. He lied. He resigned his seat in November 2008. In fact, his whole career was built on making promises that he never kept... in other words, he lied...

Seriously, they're POLITICIANS! To expect anything but lies from them, to expect them to do anything but change their minds and disappoint you is unrealistic.

Seriously, they're POLITICIANS! To expect anything but lies from them, to expect them to do anything but change their minds and disappoint you is unrealistic.
That's exactly the problem. Politicians live precisely up to our expectations. We do not hold them accountable enough. We let them get away with corruption and lies.

This has to stop.

Upon reintroduction, Sen. Cruz said:

“Every year, Congress spends billions of dollars on giveaways for the well-connected: Washington insiders get taxpayer money and members of Congress get re-elected, all while the system fails the American people. It’s no wonder that the vast majority of Americans from every political stripe – Republicans, Democrats, and Independents – overwhelmingly support congressional term limits.

“The rise of political careerism in today’s Congress is a sharp departure from what the Founders intended for our federal governing bodies. I have long called for this solution for the brokenness of Washington, D.C., and I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable. As I have done in the past, I urge my colleagues to submit this constitutional amendment to the states for speedy ratification.”

We'll see what Lyin' Ted says in 2024.

"I will continue fighting to hold career politicians accountable." I have not heard him bitch slapping Rubio around.

The Democrats can go fuck themselves.

I care about cleaning up my party of origin which has been destroyed by bloodsucking scum.

LOL, sure, Speed Racer, you're a "Republican." LOL. What's the punch line?

LOL, sure, Speed Racer, you're a "Republican." LOL. What's the punch line?
I am no longer a Republican. I resigned the party after Trump was elected and I registered as independent.

Even if Trump lives to be 100, he still won't be a Republican for as long as I have been.

There is no more Republican Party. It is Trump's cult of personality now.

We get the politicians we deserve. They knew the rube herd would drink their piss and felt free to shit on their constituents wide open faces. So long as they are not held accountable for their lies, we will continue to get politicians like Trump and his ilk.

Two politicians kept their word. That's what honor looks like, and we need a lot more like them.
50 year Joe...And you voted for him. 50 years of corruption and changing his views like the wind blows. He has put our nation in danger and we still have Progs spouting the end of Democracy.

That does make a dent in Rubio's raging hypocrisy. Toomey has honored it. He walks the walk.

And you think Rubio didn't know he was planning on not living up to the terms when he signed on to the amendment?

Rubio was clearly willing to honor the terms of the law he proposed. Unfortunately IT DIDN'T PASS.

I support term limits, but I totally agree with Rubio. It would fuck his State because things like committee chairs and assignments are linked to seniority and he would be fucking his own State by honoring a law that NO ONE ELSE IS. Why? Because ... IT DIDN'T PASS.

Speaking of your party, I haven't seen you attack any Democrats that proposed election laws, such as limits on campaign contributions who didn't follow their own proposal that didn't pass. Have you? Name them, Nancy Pelosi ...

Last edited:
We get the politicians we deserve. They knew the rube herd would drink their piss and felt free to shit on their constituents wide open faces. So long as they are not held accountable for their lies, we will continue to get politicians like Trump and his ilk.

Two politicians kept their word. That's what honor looks like, and we need a lot more like them.
For the President and Congress I'm not a fan of Democrats or Republicans and will rarely vote for either. They both work for corporate America. I want a party that watches over the working class, not these two behemoths that carry only for their own party and not the good of the nation. I dislike your R and D.

I am no longer a Republican. I resigned the party after Trump was elected and I registered as independent.

Even if Trump lives to be 100, he still won't be a Republican for as long as I have been.

There is no more Republican Party. It is Trump's cult of personality now.

So as I said, you lied when you called the Republican party your party, you just admitted it's not. And you lied again you are trying to fix it, you are trying to condemn it, and you lied again that you aren't attacking Democrats because the Republican party is your party, you again admitted it's not.

Does lying get easier and easier for you, or was it always easy?

So as I said, you lied when you called the Republican party your party, you just admitted it's not. And you lied again you are trying to fix it, you are trying to condemn it, and you lied again that you aren't attacking Democrats because the Republican party is your party, you again admitted it's not.

Does lying get easier and easier for you, or was it always easy?
I said my party of origin tard.

news: A politician broke their vow today ...
g5000: Which party so I know what my response is!!!!!

The bad part of being a libertarian is my side never wins. The good part is I expect it and I never look as mind numbingly stupid as you just did to yourself, party hack
Actually, nobody looks as mind numbingly stupid as someone who pretends not to be a party hack… but clearly is.

I said my party of origin tard.

Even if that were true, so that makes sense? You hold your party "of origin" to ridiculous standards like they should handicap themselves in committees because they made a proposal that wasn't accepted and you hold their opposition to no standard at all.

You said it like it made sense, Biden

Even if that were true, so that makes sense? You hold your party "of origin" to ridiculous standards like they should handicap themselves in committees because they made a proposal that wasn't accepted and you hold their opposition to no standard at all.

You said it like it made sense, Biden
Ridiculous standards. Like not lying, being true to family values, being honest, maintaining integrity, balancing the budget, standing by our allies.

Yeah, I'm such a big liberal commie Biden-supporting dick for expecting Republicans to live up to their stated principles.

Ridiculous standards. Like not lying, being true to family values, being honest, maintaining integrity, balancing the budget, standing by our allies.

Yeah, I'm such a big liberal commie Biden-supporting dick for expecting Republicans to live up to their stated principles.

Here's a tissue to wipe the fairy stardust out of your eyes, Snow White.

I'm not like you. First, I used to be a Republican. Second, I left the Republican party. Third, I don't believe any of the bull shit you do and I just want politicians to leave me alone

Here's a tissue to wipe the fairy stardust out of your eyes, Snow White.

I'm not like you. First, I used to be a Republican. Second, I left the Republican party. Third, I don't believe any of the bull shit you do and I just want politicians to leave me alone
Our politicians are spending us into Armageddon. If you don't think that affects you, you are badly mistaken.

I am sick and tired of Republicans claiming to be for limited government and balanced budgets and then cumming in buckets when Trump adds $8 trillion to the debt.

Forum List

Back