Ron Johnson Breaks Two-Term Pledge

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
You sometimes hear the Right talk about term limits and how we badly need them, and yet I can't think of a single Republican who kept their promise to limit themselves in office.

Ron Johnson swore he would only serve two terms. Sen. Ron Johnson says he won't seek 3rd term if reelected in November

But now Johnson has joined the long ranks of those who broke such a promise: PolitiFact - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson flips position on seeking a third term

The financial benefits of federal office are just too juicy to give up. Johnson gives all the usual excuses for obliterating his integrity. America is in peril. Too many people have begged him to stay on. Blah blah blah.

Johnson is one of the more whacky Trumptards in Congress. He has thoroughly bought into the stolen election conspiracy, and that Covid is a hoax, and so forth.

We'll see what the voters of Wisconsin think about all that in November.

There was a guy who did keep his term limit promise. I just can't remember who that was.

You sometimes hear the Right talk about term limits and how we badly need them, and yet I can't think of a single Republican who kept their promise to limit themselves in office.

Ron Johnson swore he would only serve two terms. Sen. Ron Johnson says he won't seek 3rd term if reelected in November

But now Johnson has joined the long ranks of those who broke such a promise: PolitiFact - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson flips position on seeking a third term

The financial benefits of federal office are just too juicy to give up. Johnson gives all the usual excuses for obliterating his integrity. America is in peril. Too many people have begged him to stay on. Blah blah blah.

Johnson is one of the more whacky Trumptards in Congress. He has thoroughly bought into the stolen election conspiracy, and that Covid is a hoax, and so forth.

I agree with you

Johnson should keep his pledge

Once again the g5000 outrage machine works only in one direction ...

Last year, Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Braun, Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Todd Young, and Rick Scott introduced a Constitutional amendment to limit Senators to two terms and Representatives to three terms.

Ted Cruz is in his second term which ends in 2024.

Mike Braun is in his first term.

Pat Toomey served three terms in the House, and is in his second term in the Senate which ends this year. He has confirmed he is not running for re-election.

Marco Rubio is in his second term which ends this year. This special hypocrite who sponsored the term limit amendment is also running for a third term like Ron Johnson.

Todd Young served three terms in the House. He is in his first term in the Senate which ends this year. He is running for a second term.

Rick Scott is in his first term which ends in 2024.

Last year, Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Braun, Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, Todd Young, and Rick Scott introduced a Constitutional amendment to limit Senators to two terms and Representatives to three terms.

Ted Cruz is in his second term which ends in 2024.

Mike Braun is in his first term.

Pat Toomey served three terms in the House, and is in his second term in the Senate which ends this year. He has confirmed he is not running for re-election.

Marco Rubio is in his second term which ends this year. This special hypocrite who sponsored the term limit amendment is also running for a third term like Ron Johnson.

Todd Young served three terms in the House. He is in his first term in the Senate which ends this year. He is running for a second term.

Rick Scott is in his first term which ends in 2024.

news: A politician broke their vow today ...
g5000: Which party so I know what my response is!!!!!

The bad part of being a libertarian is my side never wins. The good part is I expect it and I never look as mind numbingly stupid as you just did to yourself, party hack

Trey Hollingsworth and Pat Toomey have proven to be men of honor.

Marco Rubio, sponsor of a Constitutional amendment for term limits, is violating the very conditions of that amendment. I wonder how he can stand the stench of his own hypocrisy.

Wow! A politician lied! Gee, that hasn't happened in a minute or so, I am just shocked!

In other news the sun will rise tomorrow.

Wow! A politician lied! Gee, that hasn't happened in a minute or so, I am just shocked!

In other news the sun will rise tomorrow.
We get the politicians we deserve. They knew the rube herd would drink their piss and felt free to shit on their constituents wide open faces. So long as they are not held accountable for their lies, we will continue to get politicians like Trump and his ilk.

Two politicians kept their word. That's what honor looks like, and we need a lot more like them.

Trey Hollingsworth and Pat Toomey have proven to be men of honor.

Marco Rubio, sponsor of a Constitutional amendment for term limits, is violating the very conditions of that amendment. I wonder how he can stand the stench of his own hypocrisy.

And now Democrat hack g5000 wants Rubio to follow a law he proposed that was .... not passed ...

g5000 doesn't mention

- Democrats who didn't follow donation limits they proposed or .
- Any other election law Democrats proposed

Sleezy, it's the way g5000 rolls ...

And now Democrat hack g5000 wants Rubio to follow a law he proposed that was .... not passed ...

g5000 doesn't mention

- Democrats who didn't follow donation limits they proposed or .
- Any other election law Democrats proposed

Sleezy, it's the way g5000 rolls ...
The Democrats can go fuck themselves.

I care about cleaning up my party of origin which has been destroyed by bloodsucking scum.

That does make a dent in Rubio's raging hypocrisy. Toomey has honored it. He walks the walk.

And you think Rubio didn't know he was planning on not living up to the terms when he signed on to the amendment?

Forum List

Back