Romney was no Flip Flopper, nor a RINO. He was a good and faithful public servant!

He's a handsome man, that's for certain! :)

If Mitt Romney, was the Mitt Romney that was my governor in Massachusetts when I lived there, was the REAL Mitt Romney, he wouldn't be bad as President....imo.

But I saw a completely different and wishy washy and an unpatriotic and foolish Romney who stuck his foot in his mouth one too many times, during the election cycle in 2012.....

Ever been on a date with someone you really wanted to impress, but instead of impressing them you failed to present yourself as you actually are?

And because of that you blew your chance?

EDIT: And did you read and understand my OP that Mitt actually demonstrated the kind of leadership we should expect from ALL our elected officials?
No, I've never done that, but I have witnessed men do this when trying to ask me out or just being around me, when I was younger, and single....including Matt, my eventual hubby! :D pretty funny and silly stuff when looking back on it! :lol:

After being fascinated with the slick guys and the bad boys many women finally recognize the advantages of having a good decent, loving man with integrity.

Sounds like that is what you have.

If only America were so lucky.

I prefer a candidate who stands for something and if I agree with that something he stands for I'll vote for him. I hate candidates who simply want to win and will appease the voters to get their votes and thus show a total lack of character.

I just don't see him as being conservative like me Mojo . I sure don't mind him being rich and I did vote for him . Another example , well I see the whole bush clan as being rino's and that's from the old man , old lady , sons , daughters . And the new buncha horhays moving up the ranks and starting out in Texas !

Romney was no Flip Flopper, nor a RINO. He was a good and faithful public servant!

Some Conservatives mistakenly believe Mitt Romney was/is a RINO because of his former position in support for abortion as Massachusetts Governor. They call him a Flip Flopper but he really wasn't and isn't.

He challenged himself to be true to the people of Massachusetts...the majority LIBERAL people of Massachusetts.

He won their support because he agreed to abide by THEIR wishes.

That is what an elected official is supposed to do.

We hire these people when we go to the precinct voting places and cast our votes. When they get the job, however, they too often abandon the positions that the voters approved of and instead do whatever they persoanlly want.

But THAT is NOT why they were elected or hired!

During their campaigns for office, candidates all promise to help the voting public. They say they are better equipped to serve our wants and needs than their competitor. But when they get to Washington they forget all about their campaign promises.

Well, Romney's detractors never bother to mention the fact that Romney did NOT forget his promises.

He kept his campaign promise despite it going against his religious beliefs.

He placed keeping his word and faithfully serving his constituents over any urge he might have felt to be true to his religion's dogma.

(Contrast this with public officials who lie, cheat, steal and even allow good men to die for personal partisan political profit.)

With that act of selflessness Mitt Romney proved himself a good and faithful public servant.

He showed true political courage and love for his fellow Americans by adopting THEIR standards and incorporating them into his governing guidelines.

When he finished his term he realized that after giving it his best effort he could no longer honor the wishes of his bosses who elected him.

For the Libs reading this the reason Mitt could not continue supporting abortion is because he personally believes it is wrong and he could no longer live with his CONSCIENCE while doing something against his own personal moral code.

But he did the honorable thing by putting THEIR desires above those of his Church or his own personal feelings. He sacrificed his own beliefs and desires to do what his constituents wanted.

This is what we should demand of ALL our elected officials.

They work for us.

And there is no other political figure of our day who is more ethical, moral and has greater integrity than Mitt Romney.

He is no RINO and he is no Flip Flopper.

He is a fine man who can fix America and we will truly need a Mr. Fixit with Romney's skill and training and acumen after 8 years of traitorous incompetence.

So, in conclusion, I believe Mitt's abortion stand was not a matter of his being a Liberal or a flip flopper, but of his being a good and faithful public servant who promised to abide by the liberal voter's wishes in the majority Liberal Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

And what makes Mitt remarkable is that he KEPT his vow of fidelity to them!

We had a chance to hire GREAT leadership and we indulged our collective hope for racial harmony but it turned out badly.

Now its time we put everything else aside and fix America.

We can't afford another Democratic administration until a GOP POTUS gets things back on track.

Ted Cruz will get my Nov. 2016 vote if Mitt isn't nominated.

But, until he is out for the count, I will throw my support behind Mitt.

Romney in 2016.
Thanks for pointing out how much of a RINO and flip flopper Romney is.
Valiant try at defending him, but it doesn't change the facts. I don't think pro-lifers are going to think it was a good idea for Romney to go against his principles to please the Liberal citizens of Massachusetts. Is he really pro-life after all?

He wouldn't have bothered running if he'd been intent on lying to the electorate and then pushing his own agenda once in office!

If he'd campaigned against abortion where they love to kill embryos without restriction.the people of the state would not have elected him and they would not have benefitted from his sound leadership and stewardship.

That shows his willingness to sacrifice his own feelings about abortion so that he could serve his bosses' wishes.

Damn.

How can anyone fault him for that???!!!???

Last edited:
I prefer a candidate who stands for something and if I agree with that something he stands for I'll vote for him. I hate candidates who simply want to win and will appease the voters to get their votes and thus show a total lack of character.

If I am hiring someone to do a job for me, I want him to abide by my wishes as I am voting for him to represent me since our system of government is a representative Democracy.

I don't want to, for example, trust the Muslim Brotherhood political candidate for POTUS who promises freedom and liberty to permanently eliminate democracy once he's in office as was done in Algeria in the 1950's and 60's.

They won the election and then canceled all future elections.

I just don't see him as being conservative like me Mojo . I sure don't mind him being rich and I did vote for him . Another example , well I see the whole bush clan as being rino's and that's from the old man , old lady , sons , daughters . And the new buncha horhays moving up the ranks and starting out in Texas !

As I see it, the idea of Conservative purity only became an issue once our country had slidden so far to the left that only a far right Conservative could stop the slide toward oblivion and restore this country to the right track.

Well, that is an argument I went along with for a while my damn self.

But think about the logic of that philosophy.

We insist upon an ideologically pure Conservative because we want to make sure that if there IS any error in our selection process that we ould err on the side of Conservatism.

Well, That is a good idea.

Here is a great idea.

Instead of planning on there being errors on one extreme or the other, how about considering the hallmark of the man's life and work?

He is precision at work. A business superstar by all accounts.

He is thoughtful. Responsive. Caring and decent. Moral. Hard nosed in negotiation. Smart as a whip. Conscientious.

Instead of insisting on making sure we get an extreme Conservative, why don't we just get one who will do not a slipshod job of governing but one who would work and sweat the details until he got things right?

Just as a doctor doesn't just issue one pill for whatever ails you and to make sure you are healed you have to take three times the recommended dosage.

Mitt Romney is like the Baby Bear's porridge.

Not too hot.

Not too cold.

But just RIGHT enough to do what needs to be done for America and Americans.

ALL Americans.

And anyone who says he is flip floppy needs to prove it.

I don't think they can.

Please, please, please vote for Romney in 2016.

3rd time's the charm, right?

Wow, is that the spirit that motivated our boys on D-Day to keep scaling that 100 ft cliff even though their fellows higher up the rappelling ropes or on the twisty shifting rope ladders were falling to their deaths or being shot from above or fragged as the Germans tossed grenades over the cliff which exploded in the Rangers' faces?

They persevered until the objective was accomplished or until they could no longer physically manage the attempt.

They saved Europe. They made it safe for freedom and liberty.

They were our heroes.

Their indomitable spirit demonstrated that day and for many tough, horrifying and unpleasant days ahead set the standard we all should want to aspire to uphold if or when the call is made to us, personally.

I see your Avi is that of an elderly man.

One who might even have fought in WWII.

Will Mitt Romney run again?

I hope so.

Some Conservatives mistakenly believe Mitt Romney was/is a RINO because of his former position in support for abortion as Massachusetts Governor. They call him a Flip Flopper but he really wasn't and isn't.

He challenged himself to be true to the people of Massachusetts...the majority LIBERAL people of Massachusetts.

We hire these people when we go to the precinct voting places and cast our votes. When they get the job, however, they too often abandon the positions that the voters approved of and instead do whatever they persoanlly want.

During their campaigns for office, candidates all promise to help the voting public. They say they are better equipped to serve our wants and needs than their competitor. But when they get to Washington they forget all about their campaign promises.

Well, Romney's detractors never bother to mention the fact that Romney did NOT forget his promises.

He placed keeping his word and faithfully serving his constituents over any urge he might have felt to be true to his religion's dogma.

(Contrast this with public officials who lie, cheat, steal and even allow good men to die for personal partisan political profit.)

With that act of selflessness Mitt Romney proved himself a good and faithful public servant.

He showed true political courage and love for his fellow Americans by adopting THEIR standards and incorporating them into his governing guidelines.

When he finished his term he realized that after giving it his best effort he could no longer honor the wishes of his bosses who elected him.

For the Libs reading this the reason Mitt could not continue supporting abortion is because he personally believes it is wrong and he could no longer live with his CONSCIENCE while doing something against his own personal moral code.

But he did the honorable thing by putting THEIR desires above those of his Church or his own personal feelings. He sacrificed his own beliefs and desires to do what his constituents wanted.

They work for us.

And there is no other political figure of our day who is more ethical, moral and has greater integrity than Mitt Romney.

He is a fine man who can fix America and we will truly need a Mr. Fixit with Romney's skill and training and acumen after 8 years of traitorous incompetence.

So, in conclusion, I believe Mitt's abortion stand was not a matter of his being a Liberal or a flip flopper, but of his being a good and faithful public servant who promised to abide by the liberal voter's wishes in the majority Liberal Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

We had a chance to hire GREAT leadership and we indulged our collective hope for racial harmony but it turned out badly.

We can't afford another Democratic administration until a GOP POTUS gets things back on track.

Romney in 2016.
I loved Mitt Romney before the GOP turned him into something that would apeal to righties

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
I loved Mitt Romney before the GOP turned him into something that would apeal to righties

I don't need a candidate to see eye to eye with me on every issue.

But on the hot button issues, I do.

On some things there is no room for compromise.

And on those issues I don't see any problem with any Conservative voting for him, enthusiastically.

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.

Yip, the libs are scared of Mitt. They know if the election was held today, Mitt would easily beat The Kenyan, and the same thing would likely happen to The Hildebeast!

... a good and faithful servant to the 1%.

Hope he runs again. Bad enough for a morm to lose to a black man but losing to a woman will be utterly delicious.

Bottom line - he's not president material. At least, not of THIS country.

Maybe of the planet Kolob?

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.

What you mean is that as a Conservative politician Mitt Romney served the interests of a Liberal populace in his job of Governing for ALL the people. In fact, he did a better job than anyone you can compare to him.

He was so effective in serving his majority Liberal constituents that it made some of you think he was actually a RINO.

Funny, when Barack Obama lies to you and (intentionally and with forethought sometimes) fails to keep his campaign promises, some of you love it and him all the more!

Yet, when Romney displays textbook examples of leadership, business acumen, good responsive public service, character and self sacrifice for the good of the people somehow you make that into a bad thing!

Watch this address or read the transcript or both and you will change your mind about him.

Text of speech.

Transcript Mitt Romney 8217 s Speech to The NAACP Convention - TexasSparkle

Just watch it.

I dare you.

JULY 12, 2012
Mitt Romney's Address to the NAACP

Juana Summers discussed the media coverage on Romney’s speech yesterday to the NAACP. She stressed that the entire speech was not negatively received and Romney received an ovation at the end.

Mitt Romneys Address NAACP Video C-SPAN.org

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
6a0134873aa66a970c0162fe7a41b1970d-800wi

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
cLNAQ.jpg

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
Thanks for pointing out how much of a RINO and flip flopper Romney is.
Valiant try at defending him, but it doesn't change the facts. I don't think pro-lifers are going to think it was a good idea for Romney to go against his principles to please the Liberal citizens of Massachusetts. Is he really pro-life after all?

He wouldn't have bothered running if he'd been intent on lying to the electorate and then pushing his own agenda once in office!

If he'd campaigned against abortion where they love to kill embryos without restriction.the people of the state would not have elected him and they would not have benefitted from his sound leadership and stewardship.

That shows his willingness to sacrifice his own feelings about abortion so that he could serve his bosses' wishes.

Damn.

How can anyone fault him for that???!!!???
It's like a sheep in wolves clothing

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
cLNAQ.jpg

The chameleon arrives yet again....

They work for us.

Romney in 2016.
cLNAQ.jpg

Forum List

Back