Romney met with leader of efforts to draft a third-party draft candidate

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Mitt Romney met privately with William Kristol, who is leading the effort to draft an independent candidate

Awwwwwwwwww here it goes
rejoice.png

Can't call him a RINO when he is running as an independent and not the Republican party's nominee
troll.png

Or when he's running against Trump (RINO)
troll.png

Can't be mad at him for not letting other people have a turn when he literally let everyone have a fair shot in the GOP primary
troll.png

Can't criticize his wealth when his opponents are Trump and Hillary
troll.png

Can't criticize any Romney flip-flopping when his opponents are Trump and Hillary
troll.png

^^^ #Facts

Plot twist: Hillary doesn't make it to the GE and another establishment DINO is brought in to receive the DNC nomination
krs.png

Romney with the last minute hail mary, dark horse candidate, game-winning shot
lawd.png

And I know it's making YOU mad
umad.png

Not likely to happen due to the logistics of a third party run. Fantastic if it does though - splits the GOP vote and confuses the down ballot elections probably taking the Senate out of GOP hands. They've mismanaged the hell out of the Senate, and the entire GOP for that matter.

Hey Trump IS a Rino.
He is and his nazi regime couldn't care less. He walks back hard line comments/views on abortion, supports transgender restroom freedom, backs the keystone pipeline (not saying any of these things are bad OR good) and his conservative followers can't care less

I'll just continue to put this out there ----

• Big well-known egomaniac from New York runs for presidency, wins most of the Republican primaries, wins 'em big.
  • Party convention ignores him and his primary wins, nominates the Establishment guy from Ohio as its candidate.
  • Big well-known egomaniac from New York leaves in a huff, takes his supporters, runs as a third party. Ends up taking enough votes to come in second place, which pushes Establishment Republican candidate to third place.
  • Democrat gets less than 42% of the popular vote, but comes in first and wins Electoral College vote by a landslide.

Just sayin'.

• Big well-known egomaniac from New York runs for presidency, wins most of the Republican primaries, wins 'em big.
  • Party convention ignores him and his primary wins, nominates the Establishment guy from Ohio as its candidate.
  • Big well-known egomaniac from New York leaves in a huff, takes his supporters, runs as a third party. Ends up taking enough votes to come in second place, which pushes Establishment Republican candidate to third place.
  • Democrat gets less than 42% of the popular vote, but comes in first and wins Electoral College vote by a landslide.

Just sayin'.
Yeah in order for an independent candidate to have a shot at winning, we need two independent candidates to run. One that breaks up the right vote, one that breaks up the left

Just sayin'.
Yeah in order for an independent candidate to have a shot at winning, we need two independent candidates to run. One that breaks up the right vote, one that breaks up the left

Now that would finally be interesting.
But then you're talkin' a challenge to the Holy Duopoly of the Demoplican Republicrats. We can't have that. :nono:

Just sayin'.
Yeah, this would only work if Bloomberg throws his hat into the ring as well. :lmao:

The GOP establishment already has a third party candidate they can back and his name is Gary Johnson.

A vote for anything but Trump is a vote for Hillary. Even if you don't vote on election night, it's still a vote for Hillary if you were otherwise going to vote for a Republican.

Not likely to happen due to the logistics of a third party run. Fantastic if it does though - splits the GOP vote and confuses the down ballot elections probably taking the Senate out of GOP hands. They've mismanaged the hell out of the Senate, and the entire GOP for that matter.

Well, he shouldn't do it. But if he were going to do it....

It is almost impossible to get on the ballot in all 50 states and make a serious 3rd Party run at this point. But you may be able to focus your efforts on the 11 states that matter and thwart an opponent there.

Mitt Romney met privately with William Kristol, who is leading the effort to draft an independent candidate

Awwwwwwwwww here it goes
rejoice.png

Can't call him a RINO when he is running as an independent and not the Republican party's nominee
troll.png

Or when he's running against Trump (RINO)
troll.png

Can't be mad at him for not letting other people have a turn when he literally let everyone have a fair shot in the GOP primary
troll.png

Can't criticize his wealth when his opponents are Trump and Hillary
troll.png

Can't criticize any Romney flip-flopping when his opponents are Trump and Hillary
troll.png

^^^ #Facts

Plot twist: Hillary doesn't make it to the GE and another establishment DINO is brought in to receive the DNC nomination
krs.png

Romney with the last minute hail mary, dark horse candidate, game-winning shot
lawd.png

And I know it's making YOU mad
umad.png

Mitty is a progressive...

A vote for anything but Trump is a vote for Hillary. Even if you don't vote on election night, it's still a vote for Hillary if you were otherwise going to vote for a Republican.
I will never vote for Trump no matter what, so me voting for a third-party candidate would not help Hillary one bit. If there is no third-party candidate to vote for that meets my conservative standards, I will not vote for any candidate. I will vote for Republicans in all the other races, however.

Romney was defeated by bad candidates McCain and Obama, so no he is not the man to defeat Trump AND Hillary at the same time, who are more evil but better candidates.

I cannot see Mitt Romney doing any sort of thing. FIrst of all, who would vote for him unless he has a clear shot of winning? May as well not vote. It would be almost impossible to get on the ballot in 50 states if you started today. Other parties would not want you.

But I don't see Mr. Romney wanting to play the obvious spoiler. Surely even someone who was so delusional that he didn't prepare a concession speech in 2012 is able to see he has no path to the Presidency.

During the first and second Presidential election it was unanimous for George Washington. During the first contested Presidential election, the choice between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who hated each other but were both honorable men. At that time, we were a tiny little country hugging the east coast of North America, but all our politicians then (even Button Gwinnett) were better men than the ones we have now.

This is the first election in American history where the choice is between two equally evil, greedy, and corrupt individuals. No matter who wins, our nation will not recover from the damage the next President does.

By that logic, a vote for anything other than the designated Republican third wheel is a vote for Clinton.

Forum List

Back