Romney harassed homosexual

Klein hits the nail on the head. This is how the narrative should have gone.

“You know, I’ve been troubled by the Cranbrook episode for most of my life, and I feel relieved, in a way, that it’s come out now. I did a really stupid and terrible thing. Teenage boys sometimes do such things and deserve to be punished for them. What I most regret is that I never apologized to John and won’t be able to now that he’s gone, but let me apologize to his family and friends. Bullying is unacceptable under any circumstances. It is especially unacceptable when prejudice — against one’s race, ethnicity or sexual orientation — is involved. If elected President, I will try to atone for my teenage behavior by campaigning against bullying all across this country. What I did back then should be an example of how not to behave. I hope we can all learn from this. I know I have.”

Read more: Joe Klein: Romney's Apology for Bullying Insufficient | Swampland | TIME.com

What bullshit! Obama should apologize for hanging out with hate-filled religious fanatics and terrorist's as an adult, and you and Joe Klein should be demanding that he do so immediately...especially if you are going to demand Romney apologize for a supposed H.S. prank he doesn't even recall.

Hypocrites Anonymous is calling and they want you back as their spokesperson~

There is no apostrophe in terrorists.

Oh my stars and clovers, I think I'm in love.

/cancels root canal

Can I get you anything? A soda? A ribeye? A full body massage? *I'd pay for it. I'm Not That Kind of Girl*

Well, can you find a way to get us two new candidates?

Would it be too much to ask if neither one of them belonged to either of the major parties?

Immie

Ron Paul acceptable, or no?

to old......

Klein hits the nail on the head. This is how the narrative should have gone.

Read more: Joe Klein: Romney's Apology for Bullying Insufficient | Swampland | TIME.com

What bullshit! Obama should apologize for hanging out with hate-filled religious fanatics and terrorists as an adult, and you and Joe Klein should be demanding that he do so immediately...especially if you are going to demand Romney apologize for a supposed H.S. prank he doesn't even recall.

Hypocrites Anonymous is calling and they want you back as their spokesperson~

There is no apostrophe in terrorists.

OH my- you finally got me~ You are perfectly suited to be my personal editor from here on out dear. You're hired!

Obama and Holder aren't even expected to cooperate with the Fast and Furious investigation even though an agent was killed with one of those guns.

Obama bullied a girl in school, too.

I think it's sad when the media has to dig that far back in the past to throw something at Romney. I'm sure they are putting together their little arsenal of gossip and will spit out the rumor they think will hurt him at any given time.

The family said the guy wasn't gay, but somehow that got added to make him sound meaner in light of Obama's recent evolution. Anyone who can't see through this scheme either doesn't want to or is easily fooled.

Obama and Holder aren't even expected to cooperate with the Fast and Furious investigation even though an agent was killed with one of those guns.

I think it's sad when the media has to dig that far back in the past to throw something at Romney. I'm sure they are putting together their little arsenal of gossip and will spit out the rumor they think will hurt him at any given time.

The family said the guy wasn't gay, but somehow that got added to make him sound meaner in light of Obama's recent evolution. Anyone who can't see through this scheme either doesn't want to or is easily fooled.

I don't think it mattered if he was gay or not. The problem was Romney thought he was gay and beating him up was a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

That is, once he got a gang of thugs to have his back.

Of course, Romney has engaged in plenty of bad behavior since then, and the media will let us know all about it in due time.

I don't think it mattered if he was gay or not. The problem was Romney thought he was gay and beating him up was a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

Of course, Romney has engaged in plenty of bad behavior since then, and the media will let us know all about it in due time.

omg...and the dumb beat goes on

ABC news is out there doing the heavy hitting of vetting someone..

They come out with a supposed prank played on someone while the person was in HIGH SCHOOL

I expect we will get to see next he pulled a little girls pony tail when in GRADE SCHOOL

ABC news, Cnn, the WashingtonCompost, the Nyslimes should be shunned folks

Last edited:

Not one word was ever said about beating him up. Gang of thugs? Get a grip on yourself and a dose of reality Joe.
They held a kid down and cut his hair because it was too long. It was a big issue at the time, because of rock bands that were wearing long hair.
The quotes at the time was "cut your hair because you look like a girl".
Gay issues were not the subject, nor discussed in the 60's.

If you really think that Romney does plenty of bad behavior, the media would have used it right away.
Instead they had to really dig and go back 47 years to find anything.
It's absolutely absurd.

Not one word was ever said about beating him up. Gang of thugs? Get a grip on yourself and a dose of reality Joe.
They held a kid down and cut his hair because it was too long. It was a big issue at the time, because of rock bands that were wearing long hair.

If you really think that Romney does plenty of bad behavior, the media would have used it right away.
It's absolutely absurd.

Actually, more like they are setting the table... the rest of the stuff will come out in dribs and drabs. The information is out there, the media wasn't going to talk about it when there was a threat the GOP might nominate a real conservative. So the Media took out Perry and Santorum and Gingrich and Cain, and now they were just saving the stuff on Romney.

YOu have the stuff no one really talked about, such as AmPad and GS Steel and dodging Vietnam... but this story kind of establishes Romney's character- a rich prick who bullies others. Now they can bring out the crying AmPad worker and bring it home to people.

Besides the fact I can't believe you are trying to rationalize Romney's actions here, i mean seriously? It was okay that five of them ganged up on him because his hair was too long? Seriously? If this happened today, he'd be looking at jail time.

It's absolutely absurd.

You guys are something else.

Of course "gay" was an issue back in the sixties..as it was in the fifties. No one thought Liberace was a straight guy. The Stones flaunted their homosexuality as well. So did many other rockers of the period. The Village Voice came out around that period and dealt with gay issues frequently. Ever hear of Truman Capote? How about Jean Cocteau? William Burroughs? Jack Kerouac?

Re-writing history doesn't help your cause..really..

It's absolutely absurd.
from 1965....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb6Rk6--Acw]Are You A Boy Or Are You A Girl ? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I'll need more info. Because the one in his book wasn't bullied. Bullying would have gone like this.

"Coretta ran, so I yelled "come on guys!" and we followed her ass and gave her a beat down."

NO. He was being mocked by his fellow students, because she wouldn't say "he's not my boyfriend." So he shoved her, and she ran. That is not bullying, no matter how many times you say it is, and fuck you very much for making me create a macro of this paragraph.

I hate to say this, but this is REACHING. I couldn't possibly care less who bullied whom in high school.

Come on guys, let's rise above this. Are we going to have Medicare? Is Medicare going to bankrupt the country?

Why do I have MS, and don't qualify for TEMPORARY (I don't want it for the remainder of my life) medicaid? Why is the American dollar deflating in value? Are we going the way of the Weimar Republic?

Let's get someone in office who can make some changes.

I hate to say this, but this is REACHING. I couldn't possibly care less who bullied whom in high school.

Come on guys, let's rise above this. Are we going to have Medicare? Is Medicare going to bankrupt the country?

Why do I have MS, and don't qualify for TEMPORARY (I don't want it for the remainder of my life) medicaid? Why is the American dollar deflating in value? Are we going the way of the Weimar Republic?

I agree. But unfortunately, we have a choice of these two bugwits.

It's a bad system, but that's the system we're stuck with. I don't think either one of them can fix the problems. Romney can't even stand up for his own Medical program. (Probably the only decent thing he's done in his life.)

You see, the problem with Romney that I see is not that he did something immature when he was young. It's his inability to own up to it and make amends.

The way to make up for what he did is to try to treat gay folks decently now. But really, he's regressing his party. He fired a perfectly qualified man from his foriegn policy team because he was gay and the nutters objected. He's going even further than even Bush did. At least Bush offered Civil Unions as an alternative.

It's a bad system, but that's the system we're stuck with. I don't think either one of them can fix the problems. Romney can't even stand up for his own Medical program. (Probably the only decent thing he's done in his life.)

You see, the problem with Romney that I see is not that he did something immature when he was young. It's his inability to own up to it and make amends.

The way to make up for what he did is to try to treat gay folks decently now. But really, he's regressing his party. He fired a perfectly qualified man from his foriegn policy team because he was gay and the nutters objected. He's going even further than even Bush did. At least Bush offered Civil Unions as an alternative.

Who gives a fuck what the President "thinks" is a good answer to the present day social "issue" of gay marriages.

He doesn't make the law.

Congress still does.

Who gives a fuck what the President "thinks" is a good answer to the present day social "issue" of gay marriages.

He doesn't make the law.

Congress still does.

Precisely. NO law changed...only wallets opened to those that needed reassurance...:eusa_whistle:

He doesn't make the law.

Congress still does.

What did that have to do with my point?

Forum List

Back