Romney Considering Another Run

He wasn't any better the first time and he'd make a disastrous prez. But I say, the more the merrier and there's lots of room in the Republican Clown Car.

Besides, we all know he will. Ann wears the magic pants in that house and she wants to be first lady queen.

He's been vindicated quite a bit and people like under dogs and love comeback stories. Romney coming back and winning it all is a more entertaining narrative than any other GOP nominee winning the White House. Too bad life doesn't work on the most entertaining scenarios coming to pass

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Romney Tells Donors He s Mulling a Presidential Bid - Bloomberg Politics

But there is historical precedence:

1940 - Thomas E. Dewey (R) runs, loses at the convention. The guy who beat Dewey at the convention (Wendell Willkie) loses the GE to FDR (D)
2008 - Willard Romney (R) runs, loses at the convention. The guy who beat Romney at the convention (John McCain) loses the GE to Obama (D)

1944 - Thomas E. Dewey (R) runs, wins the nomination, loses the GE to FDR (D)
2012 - Willard Romney (R) runs, wins the nomination, loses the GE to Obama (D)

1948 - Thomas E. Dewey runs a THIRD time in a row, wins the nomination a SECOND time in a row, loses the GE to Truman (D)
2016 - ???

:thup:

Run, Mitt, run! I see a statistical pattern forming!

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Romney Tells Donors He s Mulling a Presidential Bid - Bloomberg Politics

But there is historical precedence:

1940 - Thomas E. Dewey (R) runs, loses at the convention. The guy who beat Dewey at the convention (Wendell Willkie) loses the GE to FDR (D)
2008 - Willard Romney (R) runs, loses at the convention. The guy who beat Romney at the convention (John McCain) loses the GE to Obama (D)

1944 - Thomas E. Dewey (R) runs, wins the nomination, loses the GE to FDR (D)
2012 - Willard Romney (R) runs, wins the nomination, loses the GE to Obama (D)

1948 - Thomas E. Dewey runs a THIRD time in a row, wins the nomination a SECOND time in a row, loses the GE to Truman (D)
2016 - ???

:thup:

Run, Mitt, run! I see a statistical pattern forming!

Surely, that's a high correlation; and Hillary's ticket is punched. :ack-1:

He's the only one that polls better than Hillary. He beats her in every model.

This is, of course, a lie. I collect all the polling, remember.

In every national poll in which Romney's name has been in the poll, he has lost to Hillary.
Every single time.

And in the polling for the key states of Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Colorado and North Carolina - though his name has not showed up much, he has lost to her every single time.

Must suck to be you.

This is, of course, a lie. I collect all the polling, remember.

In every national poll in which Romney's name has been in the poll, he has lost to Hillary.
Every single time.

And in the polling for the key states of Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Colorado and North Carolina - though his name has not showed up much, he has lost to her every single time.

Must suck to be you.
I'm shocked to learn that Katz lied, just shocked.

Romney was a very good candidate last time around. He just happened to get beaten into defeat by the Liberal press and the 47%'ers.

He was really good. There were a few things he could have done better like keeping his foot on the pedal in the last two debates and calling out Obama's cheating. The second part had risks though; and I can see why he would have been hesitant to do so.

Forum List

Back