Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11%. The results of President Obama's failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Romney: 'This Is Not What A Real Recovery Looks Like' | TPM LiveWire

Liar !!!!!

Twice Bush's rate is 1/3 of Obama's.

Failed so badly even you can taste it.

I'm sure you were screaming the loudest when Bush had 5% and lamenting how the country was doomed...

Now, a phoney 7.8% when it is really closer to 16%, and all you can do is lie.

Bush was given an unemployment rate of 4.2%.....left one at 7.8%
Bush was given a stock market at 10,750......left one at 8,150
Bush was given a job market making 200,000 jobs a month.....left one LOSING 770,000 jobs a month
Bush was given an economy with unprecedented GDP growth....left with five quarters of NEGATIVE growth
Bush was given a Budget Surplus......left a trillion dollar deficit

Why do we want a Republican economy again?

Actually Bush inherited a Republican economy. Double check to see who was writing and passing the budgets the last six years of the Clinton presidency. Bush, however, was stuck with a RINO Congress and didn't exert suficient leadership to keep it in check. I am not excusing their excesses, however, or pretending they were okay. Never have.

Nor am I enough of an ideologue or partisan to try to defend a really bad President by pointing to another one.

LOL.......RINO Congress
Thats a good one

Twice Bush's rate is 1/3 of Obama's.

Failed so badly even you can taste it.

I'm sure you were screaming the loudest when Bush had 5% and lamenting how the country was doomed...

Now, a phoney 7.8% when it is really closer to 16%, and all you can do is lie.

Bush was given a job market making 200,000 jobs a month.....left one LOSING 770,000 jobs a month
Bush was given an economy with unprecedented GDP growth....left with five quarters of NEGATIVE growth

Actually Bush inherited a Republican economy. Double check to see who was writing and passing the budgets the last six years of the Clinton presidency. Bush, however, was stuck with a RINO Congress and didn't exert suficient leadership to keep it in check. I am not excusing their excesses, however, or pretending they were okay. Never have.

Nor am I enough of an ideologue or partisan to try to defend a really bad President by pointing to another one.

Now that you have graciously given me a lead-in....Lets do Obama

Obama given an unemployment rate of 7.8%........currently at 7.8%
Obama given a stock market at 8150......currently at 13,600
Obama given an economy LOSING 770,000 jobs a month.....currently GAINING 115,000
Obama given economy with five quarters NEGATIVE GDP.....currently 14 straight quarters of POSITIVE GDP
Obama given a Trillion dollar deficit.....currently maintaining trillion dollar deficit

Why do we want to go back to Republican Leadership again?

LOL.......RINO Congress
Thats a good one

Thank you. It was a far different Congress than the reformer Congress Clinton enjoyed. Beginning in 1995, it was dominated by Republicans plus about 30 reformer Democrats who voted for what was good for the country rather than as the Democratic leaders told them to vote. Unfortunately when many of those reformers term limited themselves out, most of the outgoing Republicans were replaced with the old guard self serving types. And those great Democrats were replaced by much more radical leftists. So Bush got the RINO Congress until we were so disgusted with them, we allowed the Democrats to get back in. And then in 2007 and 2008 Bush had the most far left Democratic controlled Congress that had ever existed up until then.

But again, I don't excuse the current Congress by pointing to a worse one. And I won't try to prop up an incompetent President by pointing to somebody I think was worse.

I would like all Americans to really think about the country instead of party loyalty even if they have to undergo deprogramming to break free of whatever cult they have been snoookered into.

After his going on four year track record, can anybody who is even slightly intelligent believe that Barack Obama has earned another four years in the White House? This country is in deep economic trouble and Obama is proposing more of the same stuff that has not helped in any regard.

Isn't it worth a shot to give a man who has an exemplary record of trouble shooting and problem solving and getting things done? Most especially when he wants to get done what most of us want to get done?

Last edited:
I try and keep my eyes and ears open looking for the truth and lies from both sides. Does seem a bit coincidental that we "seem" to have this drop %% so close to November. Why could it not have came earlier. I mean really, it's been 4 years. I just want to know.

I think the answer lies more in who is doing the math, rather than the math itself. ;)

Should read:

Obama and the Dems in panic as even more people give up looking for jobs and drop out of the workforce.

That's funny.....
Like we're going to panic because of a small drop like this, when we know it's going to be adjusted and right back up there JUST BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

No...we're not worried dear. But if it makes you feel better...just keep think it :)

The whole country should panic when the libs are cooking the numbers to get their desired results. We all know that the numbers have been artificially low for a long time now and the scary part is that the fake "low" numbers are still staggering. Pelosi did say that this is the new norm for unemployment. The same bitch that blasted Bush and asked, "Where are the jobs, Mr. President?" when unemployment was just 4.5% now acts happy about this. This is the worst it's ever been and the longest run of high employment. Millions have dropped out of the work force or are underemployed, so those thinking there is improvement are just fooling themselves.

With welfare rolls doubled since Obama took office and record numbers of people not working, the load just got heavier and the ones carrying it are a smaller group than ever.

Only those who have the luxury of believing what they want to instead of facing reality can feel good about this.

Last edited:
Bush doubled his unemployment rate

Why do we want a Republican as President again?

W sucked, I'm a libertarian, you're a moron. Just reading the lineup, carry on...

Remind me again of what Libertarians have ever done for this country?

For starters, we founded it. The founding fathers were very close to libertarians and bear almost no resemblance to today's two major parties in any way.

It's great if that were the real case.

But, somehow the numbers don't add up.

Obamamath.

W sucked, I'm a libertarian, you're a moron. Just reading the lineup, carry on...

For starters, we founded it. The founding fathers were very close to libertarians and bear almost no resemblance to today's two major parties in any way.

That is true. The Founders, to a man, were classical liberals which was the original definition of libertarian. Modern day Libertarians (the party, not the ideology) and modern day liberals bear little resemblance to the Founders most heartflet beliefs and convictions.

That is true. The Founders, to a man, were classical liberals which was the original definition of libertarian. Modern day Libertarians (the party, not the ideology) and modern day liberals bear little resemblance to the Founders most heartflet beliefs and convictions.

What we have here on this board are the fringes of the Democrat Party.

These aren't the "Moms and Pops" of America who once populated the Democrat Party.

Today that party is hijacked by the "give me" loons. The "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Sad but true.

Agreed, and I use lower case "l" for a definite reason. While the Libertarian Party is more libertarian then the Republican or Democratic parties, they unfortunately more "party" than they are "libertarian."

If you think about the term liberal, the idea that someone who calls themselves that would blindly advocate unlimited government power is actually pretty preposterous. We "Classic" Liberals beat the hell out of Liberals. "Classic" Coke was better too...

The liberals are in a panic.

Romney's debate victory spooked the mainstream media. This is why Republicans nominated him – Telegraph Blogs

Mitt Romney didn’t just beat Obama on Wednesday night. He also beat the liberal media. So great was his performance that liberal journalists simply had to concede the President’s defeat – a humiliation for an industry that has spent several years setting Obama up as the wisest, most eloquent, most popular politician since FDR. No longer can Romney be dismissed with a gag about a dog strapped to the roof of his car. This uptight rich guy could be the next President of the United States.
Evidence of liberal panic is everywhere. In the hours after the debate, the mood in the MSNBC bunker was near-suicidal – and it’s in tortured moments like these that all pretence of objectivity disappears

The liberals are in a panic.

Romney's debate victory spooked the mainstream media. This is why Republicans nominated him – Telegraph Blogs

Mitt Romney didn’t just beat Obama on Wednesday night. He also beat the liberal media. So great was his performance that liberal journalists simply had to concede the President’s defeat – a humiliation for an industry that has spent several years setting Obama up as the wisest, most eloquent, most popular politician since FDR. No longer can Romney be dismissed with a gag about a dog strapped to the roof of his car. This uptight rich guy could be the next President of the United States.
Evidence of liberal panic is everywhere. In the hours after the debate, the mood in the MSNBC bunker was near-suicidal – and it’s in tortured moments like these that all pretence of objectivity disappears

MSLSD's Morning Schmoe was still humbled this morning along with all their "regulars".

Forum List

Back