Roger Goodell "We Were Wrong" Over Player Protests

This is very interesting.

Free speech is finally winning in the NFL.

The league will now support players if they take a knee during the anthem.

I support free speech in all forms as long as it's not violent.

Kneeling in front the flag backfired big time on Kaepernick, as a LOT of people were pissed over the disrespect of the American flag. Doing it again this year is stupid.....

You're a biddable fool. Donald Trump took a peaceful protest by Kap. and weaponized it. And you go forward and echo Trump's effort to divide the nation. It's stupid people like you who are the problem, and as long as idiots like you continue to support Trump and his divisive rhetoric, his lies, his covert and overt racism we will never return to a nation of the people, by the people and for the people.

It was a peaceful protest, but very disrespectful of the flag, that is why he ultimately failed. He kneeled in the wrong place, it was STUPID to disrespect the flag, what message he had got lost in the angry reactions over it. It created a massive backlash, thus drowning what message the kneeler was trying to promote.

It is clear you fail to understand why he failed, disrespecting the flag was a blunder.

You didn't read my post. The disrespect related to Kap's peaceful protest landed on him, because trump weaponized the protest and made it political, so fools like you would believe he was disrespecting our flag.

Kap was standing tall on one knee, defending minorities from abuse by law enforcement. As I said, only stupid people believed Donald Trump, stupid people and those who lack the moral compass to understand the real message - The Need for Equal Justice.

It was a peaceful protest, but very disrespectful of the flag, that is why he ultimately failed. He kneeled in the wrong place, it was STUPID to disrespect the flag, what message he had got lost in the angry reactions over it. It created a massive backlash, thus drowning what message the kneeler was trying to promote.

It is clear you fail to understand why he failed, disrespecting the flag was a blunder.

I can't believe anyone who can turn on a computer can be as stupid and so easily led to believe Kap's exercise of his First Amendment Right was considered disrespecting the American Flag. I stand by my comment that Kap is the example of a true patriot, who put his career (and his life) on the line to support and defend the principles left to us by the Bill of Rights.

If anyone has disrespected the American Flag, it is Donald Trump.

He kneels when the National Anthem is played, the only time he does that, that is disrespect to the flag, too bad you are not a true American. Millions made it clear that it pissed them off, NASCAR hopped on to support the Flag that summer as a response to Kneeboys dumb antics. Trump also jumped on the obvious disrespect to the flag, which is why Kneeboys stupid idea flopped big time.

Bad idea... last time they allowed politics into football, ratings crashed. They have recovered from that, by keeping politics out of the game. They bring that back, ratings will crash again.

Kneeling in front the flag backfired big time on Kaepernick, as a LOT of people were pissed over the disrespect of the American flag. Doing it again this year is stupid.....
There is nothing in the constitution that require we stand during the anthem.

THIS, is disrespectful to the American flag and most of the people mad at Kaepernick support it.

True, but he knees ONLY during the National Anthem, then gets back up. Standing up to the flag has been the standard for many decades, your constitution excuse is silly as you ignore history here.

Agree about the Confederate flag. It is criminally disrespectful.

I blame you and all the other bleeding heart liberal trump haters who enable illegals and make it possible for them to be here

Except no one is coming here because I'm indifferent to it. My indifference doesn't put food on their tables.

A rich white guy willing to pay them to do a job they don't want to pay a poor white guy (or black gal) to do is why they are here.

Again, if you really wanted to end illegal immigration, crack down on the people who hire them.

You are so right.

We don't have an illegal immigrant problem.

We have an illegal employer problem.

Every employer who hires an undocumented person is a criminal.

If there were no jobs, the people wouldn't come. The people offering the jobs are those criminal employers.

I would say that employer is worse than the undocumented person. All that undocumented person is doing is a job most Americans won't do for a wage most Americans won't accept. Under conditions most Americans won't tolerate.

That employer is hiring that undocumented person for greed. No other reason. They can pay them proper wages. They can give them a safe work environment. They can treat them like human beings with respect.

They can hire documented Americans to do those jobs.

However they don't because money is more important to those employers.

Not what's best for our nation, the people of our nation and those working for them.

The person you replied to and those like that person don't give a damn about undocumented people and the jobs they have. All they care about is using those undocumented people as a weapon against those with different views for their own political convenience and benefit.

If they actually cared about this, they would be going after the criminal employers who hire them.

When was the last time anyone heard of or saw an employer go to jail or prison for their crimes of hiring undocumented workers and violating our labor laws?

What does undocumented workers have to do with Roger Goodall admitting the NFL was wrong to persecute players for taking a knee and says will respect freedom of speech for their players?

Every employer who hires an undocumented person is a criminal.
Thats nonsense

in many trades if the owner does not hire illegals he cant stay in business

because his competitor across the street is hiring them and under bidding him for jobs

it is government’s job to enforce the immigration laws not a private businessman

so if the employer is a criminal people like you made him that way

Wrong

the deal was amnesty for 3 million illegals up front and congressional action to stop illegal migration in the future

Congress and future presidents in both parties failed to keep their promise to the American people

Wrong.

The act required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status and made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants. The act also legalized certain seasonal agricultural undocumented migrants as well as undocumented migrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt; candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of any crime, that they were in the country before January 1, 1982, and that they possessed at least a minimal knowledge about U.S. history, government, and the English language.[3]

The law established financial and other penalties for those employing undocumented migrants under the theory that low prospects for employment would reduce undocumented migration. Regulations promulgated under the Act introduced the I-9 form to ensure that all employees presented documentary proof of their legal eligibility to accept employment in the United States.[4]

Reagan Executive Action[edit]
The Immigration Reform and Control Act did not address the status of children of undocumented migrants who were eligible for the amnesty program. In 1987, President Reagan used his executive authority to legalize the status of minor children of parents granted amnesty under the immigration overhaul,[5] announcing a blanket deferral of deportation for children under 18 who were living in a two-parent household with both parents legalizing, or with a single parent who was legalizing.[6] This action affected an estimated 100,000 families.

In short, your Boy Ronnie Reagan actually went FURTHER than Congress and gave even MORE Amnesty than Congress allowed. There was no provision for fencing or more enforcement, the problem was that they put the whole onus for enforcement on employees.

You foxes keep a sharp eye on that hen house, make sure no illegal foxes come in and steal the chickens.

You got to do better than Breitbart, they have no credibility.

Anchor Babies are a myth.

Goodell is a wishy washy dipshit. Nobody believes this sudden change of heart and he's about to find out he is damaging his product again. I started to watch the NFL a little last year after a couple years off but I won't watch any more. I just hope that this bullshit doesn't spread to real football, the NCAA.

It will. The thing is, the debate on Police Misconduct is pretty much over. Done. Finished. Your side lost. Corporations are falling all over themselves to show solidarity with the protesters.

Bad idea... last time they allowed politics into football, ratings crashed. They have recovered from that, by keeping politics out of the game. They bring that back, ratings will crash again.

Again, as stated above, the "political" argument on this is over. There is universal agreement now that policing needs to be reformed. Corporations and politicians are falling all over themselves to make sure that everyone knows whose side they are on.

In short, your Boy Ronnie Reagan actually went FURTHER than Congress and gave even MORE Amnesty than Congress allowed. There was no provision for fencing or more enforcement, the problem was that they put the whole onus for enforcement on employees.
The American people were promised that the illegal alien invasion would stop

that was the reward for giving 3 million criminals a free pass to citizenship

And yes, reagan went along with it

Maybe his worst decision as president

the fatal flaw in the law was that it was unjust to make employers become immigration agents for the government

that can never be a successful policy

You never know where or when a tipping point is going to come.

How's this for irony: We may look back at the Trump era at the time when the country began to once and for all to address this.

This is why I value freedom of speech so much: This time has shined the light on the Trumpists and their kind. And now we may see real improvements.
:rofl:

The American people were promised that the illegal alien invasion would stop

that was the reward for giving 3 million criminals a free pass to citizenship

Actually, that wasn't really part of the discussion at all. Most people favored Amnesty because it was reasonable and fair.

Maybe his worst decision as president

the fatal flaw in the law was that it was unjust to make employers become immigration agents for the government

that can never be a successful policy

Actually, this is where you rednecks get confused. It was never supposed to work. The One Percent, the people who really run the GOP, don't want to end illegal immigration. THEY want a cheap, exploitable workforce.

This too much patriotism is too stupid.
Whats stupid is Americans who owe so much to fallen soldiers represented by the flag, yet so ungrateful for the freedom they have
Freedom my ass, all we have been doing is invading countries and making millions suffer. No one tried to come here to steal our fake ass freedom. Freedom is to help americans stay out of wars and spend money on education health and other necessities.

The football players, some of the wealthiest men in America, have decided that left-wing radical politics is so important to them, they will shit on the American flag.
And this is what you guys lack the capacity to grasp.

He's not shitting on it, he's depending on it.

I don't expect you to understand.
We understand. We just disagree with the notion that millionaires who make so much fucking money for playing a stupid game should be so fucking ungrateful to the people who give them all that money that they shit on the flag.
Who is “we,” and why is the game “stupid “?

Whats stupid is Americans who owe so much to fallen soldiers represented by the flag, yet so ungrateful for the freedom they have
Freedom my ass, all we have been doing is invading countries and making millions suffer. No one tried to come here to steal our fake ass freedom. Freedom is to help americans stay out of wars and spend money on education health and other necessities.
Why don’t you live with the courage of your convictions and take your ass to a country you think is better? Your disdain for America is as obvious as your cowardly hypocrisy.

:fu:

You're a biddable fool. Donald Trump took a peaceful protest by Kap. and weaponized it. And you go forward and echo Trump's effort to divide the nation. It's stupid people like you who are the problem, and as long as idiots like you continue to support Trump and his divisive rhetoric, his lies, his covert and overt racism we will never return to a nation of the people, by the people and for the people.

You didn't read my post. The disrespect related to Kap's peaceful protest landed on him, because trump weaponized the protest and made it political, so fools like you would believe he was disrespecting our flag.

Kap was standing tall on one knee, defending minorities from abuse by law enforcement. As I said, only stupid people believed Donald Trump, stupid people and those who lack the moral compass to understand the real message - The Need for Equal Justice.

I can't believe anyone who can turn on a computer can be as stupid and so easily led to believe Kap's exercise of his First Amendment Right was considered disrespecting the American Flag. I stand by my comment that Kap is the example of a true patriot, who put his career (and his life) on the line to support and defend the principles left to us by the Bill of Rights.

If anyone has disrespected the American Flag, it is Donald Trump.

He kneels when the National Anthem is played, the only time he does that, that is disrespect to the flag, too bad you are not a true American. Millions made it clear that it pissed them off, NASCAR hopped on to support the Flag that summer as a response to Kneeboys dumb antics. Trump also jumped on the obvious disrespect to the flag, which is why Kneeboys stupid idea flopped big time.
"Millions made it clear that it pissed them off "

Thats their fucking issue and no one else. Its always better to be pissed off than get pissed on.

There was a time that no national anthems were played. Stop playing them then.

Why don’t you live with the courage of your convictions and take your ass to a country you think is better? Your disdain for America is as obvious as your cowardly hypocrisy.

What that has to do with calling things as they are?
I can love America but still call its bullshit, can't i? :)

What that has to do with calling things as they are?
I can love America but still call its bullshit, can't i? :)
Do you love America?

Forum List

Back