Roeder Found Guilty of Murder

Roeder was and is a criminal. He deserves the punishment he is getting.

Now... please list ALL the abortion Doctors that have been murdered in the last 30 years?

Since you will find only a handful, you can stop the idiotic and untruthful crap about this being standard operating procedure for prolife groups or people.

where did anyone prior to your post say anything about it being SOP?

I sure didn't. And I didn't notice it in the one post before mine.

Or is it that you've been watching the "pro-life" folk saying the Dr. deserved to be murdered?

Thank heaven a sane jury disagreed with you.

Now please say out of other people's bodies.

Damn Rob, how many different arguments are you going to float today. Nothing is going to stick.

I gave you a SECULAR example of why this thread disgusts me and you are all over the map trying to avoid it.

Tiller got what he deserved.

He was the Ender Of Innocent Lives.

Spin that any way you choose, kill, murder, abort, terminate, execute or whatever other term tickles your fancy.

Tiller was a killer...and so is Roeder...but Roeder killed to save life.

What did Tiller kill for?

That isn't a rhetorical question either.

Roeder killed to save innocent lives!

You know me better than that Missourian. You also know what I say is true, Roeder murdering Tiller did nothing for the Anti-Abortion movement.

If anything, it hurt it. I mean, come on now, should we be more fearful of those at Anti-Abortion rallies because they feel that they're justified and right in not only violating the rights of other human beings but in the cases that I cited earlier, violating the own code of their religion?

You want to stop Dr. Tiller, and others like him, do it through the Supreme Court. Don't do it with the help of an ammunition box.

Same answer for you Rob.

Slavery was ended at the end of a barrel, not the result of a ballot...yet we're all good with that.

How many died?

And if I killed a white man after he beat a hundred slaves to death, I would have likely been treated just like Roeder is being treated today...because blacks weren't people then just like the unborn aren't people today.

Hell, if Roeder had been hung for killing a slave owner who killed 100 black slaves, he'd have a National Holiday named after him.

Same answer for you Rob.

Slavery was ended at the end of a barrel, not the result of a ballot...yet we're all good with that.

How many died?

And if I killed a white man after he beat a hundred slaves to death, I would have likely been treated just like Roeder is being treated today...because blacks weren't people then just like the unborn aren't people today.

Hell, if Roeder had been hung for killing a slave owner who killed 100 black slaves, he'd have a National Holiday named after him.

Slavery was ended with the pen. If you actually believed Lincoln freed the slaves with the Emancipation then you've never actually read the Emancipation. Civil War was about States Rights. The North could of gave a fuck about the slaves.

And you comparing Abortion to Slavery in some twisted way is not a very good argument.

Damn Rob, how many different arguments are you going to float today. Nothing is going to stick.

I gave you a SECULAR example of why this thread disgusts me and you are all over the map trying to avoid it.

Tiller got what he deserved.

He was the Ender Of Innocent Lives.

Spin that any way you choose, kill, murder, abort, terminate, execute or whatever other term tickles your fancy.

Tiller was a killer...and so is Roeder...but Roeder killed to save life.

That isn't a rhetorical question either.

Roeder killed to save innocent lives!

You know me better than that Missourian. You also know what I say is true, Roeder murdering Tiller did nothing for the Anti-Abortion movement.

If anything, it hurt it. I mean, come on now, should we be more fearful of those at Anti-Abortion rallies because they feel that they're justified and right in not only violating the rights of other human beings but in the cases that I cited earlier, violating the own code of their religion?

You want to stop Dr. Tiller, and others like him, do it through the Supreme Court. Don't do it with the help of an ammunition box.

Same answer for you Rob.

How many died?

The rights of the mother override those of the unborn.

Sorry pal, that's just the way it is. Learn to live with it.

Funny how this dichotomy plays out.

Conservatives wrap themselves in righteousness and applaud a psychopathic killer. They (the Conservatives) call for law and order and then laud a vigilante.

They decry abortion as "MURDER!" and embrace murder as a solution.

When are the Conservatives going to learn consistency?

Roeder was and is a criminal. He deserves the punishment he is getting.

Now... please list ALL the abortion Doctors that have been murdered in the last 30 years?

Since you will find only a handful, you can stop the idiotic and untruthful crap about this being standard operating procedure for prolife groups or people.

Because....if it's only a few, it's not to be concerned about. It's only a few doctors after all.

Same lack of interest if they start targetting just a few heart transplant doctors....while posting their names on a hit list website. Nothing to get all fussy about.

The only one harping on religion is you.

True story.

Wanna hear another true story? You don't have to "harp on religion". The whole anti-choice movement is based on the religious beliefs of the people who belong to it. Do you really think anyone secular is out there with a gun killing a man for being a doctor?

Hint: My religion permits choice... and I'm not much interested in what anyone else's religion tells them to do or not to do. I figure do what your conscience tells you.

And I'd be really grateful if people would stop thinking they somehow have the wisdom to be the arbiters of other people's morality.

Frankly, anyone who thinks the doctor deserved to be murdered doesn't really have a compass I'd be interested in following anyway.

The only one harping on religion is you.

True story.

Not at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_George_Tiller

This is the man you seem to think is a hero:

Lindsey and Scott Roeder were married in 1986, and were together for 10 years.[26] Immediately after his 2009 arrest, she stated that the explosives which led to his 1996 arrest had been intended for detonation at an abortion clinic.[35]

That's right, if the women want to get abortions, then they should be killed too? Because that was Scott's thinking.

On June 2, 2009, Lindsey Roeder gave an interview to Anderson Cooper of CNN about when and why her husband became radicalized:

"It was about 1991-92 when he basically couldn't cope with everyday life. He couldn't make ends meet, he couldn't pay the bills and didn't know why he couldn't do that. And someone told him that if he didn't pay his federal taxes, if those taxes were left in his check, he could make ends meet. And then he started investigating that and someone told him that it wasn't ratified properly in the Constitution, that it was illegal. And he went from there and got into the anti-government, got into the militia, got into the Freeman, and along those lines anti-abortion issues came up and he started becoming very religious in the sense that he finally — he was reading the Bible. But then, after we were divorced, his religion took on a whole new right wing of itself.[26]

Do some research and tell us all how many Dr's have been killed since abortion became legal.

Cmon... dare ya. Very, very few. It doesn't happen very often, despite your potrayal that is does.

One too many.

Anti-abortion violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1993: 9 deaths involved to Anti-Abortion nutjobs according to wikipedia.

Paul Jennings Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Salvi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eric Robert Rudolph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Charles Kopp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was affiliated with militant anti-abortion group "The Lambs of Christ".

I was right.

Wow!!!!! In almost 20 years you have 9 deaths of abortion Drs? Thats.... quite.... unremarkable. And yet, you think all conservatives kill abortion Drs. I can almost promise you that there are more people killed by Environmentalist Terrorists during that time.

Gee, low number. Let's ignore the issue now. Thank you all for coming. Move along now.

Same answer for you Rob.

How many died?

Slavery was ended with the pen. If you actually believed Lincoln freed the slaves with the Emancipation then you've never actually read the Emancipation. Civil War was about States Rights. The North could of gave a fuck about the slaves.

And you comparing Abortion to Slavery in some twisted way is not a very good argument.

It's not twisted at all...although I totally understand why you hate it.

Prove your point...explain why it is a bad argument...and I mean other that you wish it weren't true.

I'll be back later to see what you come up with.

Wanna hear another true story? You don't have to "harp on religion". The whole anti-choice movement is based on the religious beliefs of the people who belong to it. Do you really think anyone secular is out there with a gun killing a man for being a doctor?

Fact: Not one Abortion Doctor in the United States has been killed someone who is secular. (Unless I missed a article somewhere, I'm pretty sure of that.)

It's not twisted at all...although I totally understand why you hate it.

Prove your point...explain why it is a bad argument...and I mean other that you wish it weren't true.

I'll be back later to see what you come up with.

Because comparing Abortion and Slavery is like comparing a airplane to a phone. Two totally different things.

Same answer for you Rob.

How many died?

What right of the mother trumps that babies right to live?

Same answer for you Rob.

How many died?

Lib answer = "convenience!"

A few thoughts:

Some abortion is clearly murder and some I simply can't see that way. The argument that abortion isn't 'murder' because it is 'legal', however, doesn't hold up any more than allowing human slavery or denying women the vote was not a violation of civil rights because they were 'legal'. Let's don't get hung up on semantics but focus on the principles involved.

I don't question Roeder's motives; nor do I see him as evil. He almost certainly believed moral justification for what he did. But if we are to be a people of laws, we cannot condone a person taking the law into their own hands and carrying out a premeditated murder in cold blood. Such cannot be even be excused as an impulsive crime of passion. Roeder thought about it, planned, and plotted the deed long in advance. Whether or not Tiller was evil and/or 'deserved to die' is immaterial in such a case. The motive might have been pure, but the action was evil. The jury verdict and sentence were properly given.

"It was about 1991-92 when he basically couldn't cope with everyday life. He couldn't make ends meet, he couldn't pay the bills and didn't know why he couldn't do that. And someone told him that if he didn't pay his federal taxes, if those taxes were left in his check, he could make ends meet. And then he started investigating that and someone told him that it wasn't ratified properly in the Constitution, that it was illegal. And he went from there and got into the anti-government, got into the militia, got into the Freeman, and along those lines anti-abortion issues came up and he started becoming very religious in the sense that he finally — he was reading the Bible. But then, after we were divorced, his religion took on a whole new right wing of itself.

The above description almost sounds like...

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

MISSOURIAN!!!

Same answer for you Rob.

How many died?

The right to have an abortion.

Wow!!!!! In almost 20 years you have 9 deaths of abortion Drs? Thats.... quite.... unremarkable. And yet, you think all conservatives kill abortion Drs. I can almost promise you that there are more people killed by Environmentalist Terrorists during that time.

And, like any other terroristic threats, the effect is to prevent others from engaging in an activity that the terrorists do not want them to engage in.

But I guess if you want people to die, it's unremarkable. :cuckoo:

And environmental terrorists should be punished too... but you wouldn't be standing here saying their victims were "unremarkable".

Forum List

Back