Robots will replace most low paying jobs within a generation

Let’s do the math- many McDonald’s are open 24 hours a day, but let’s just assume 15 hours per day, let’s also assume only 350 days per year, average hourly wage of $8.

15 hrs x 350 days x $8/hour = $42,000 to pay a person (people) to take an order and make change or run a credit card.

Now you can buy a top of the line ATM for $10,000. (Remanufactured/programmed as a mickey Ds cashier). You don’t have to pay unemployment tax, it doesn’t call in sick (some maintenance for sure, but not like babysitting a teenage employee), it won’t take breaks, be late for work, etc.

Frankly I’m shocked there is a single human cashier at any fast food restaurant. The machine will cost less and be much more dependable.

Who is going to bag/tray the food?

Who is going to clean the dining area?

Who is going to restock the (ATM) machine with change?

Who bags the food at Aldi's ?

Why do they need an ATM machine? they don't have strippers there.

A human.

Why do they need an ATM machine? they don't have strippers there

Ask the (bucktoothmoron) I was answering.

Actually, the customer bags his/her own groceries at Aldi.

Why would anyone go to a store that you have to bag your own groceries? I refuse, and make them open a counter with a live person.

That’s what makes America great! If you don’t mind bagging a few groceries to save a bit of time and/or money, then you can shop where they bag your groceries and carry them to your car. It’s a beautiful thang.

Let’s do the math- many McDonald’s are open 24 hours a day, but let’s just assume 15 hours per day, let’s also assume only 350 days per year, average hourly wage of $8.

15 hrs x 350 days x $8/hour = $42,000 to pay a person (people) to take an order and make change or run a credit card.

Now you can buy a top of the line ATM for $10,000. (Remanufactured/programmed as a mickey Ds cashier). You don’t have to pay unemployment tax, it doesn’t call in sick (some maintenance for sure, but not like babysitting a teenage employee), it won’t take breaks, be late for work, etc.

Frankly I’m shocked there is a single human cashier at any fast food restaurant. The machine will cost less and be much more dependable.

My example was only about eliminating the cashier/order taker. It goes without saying there will still need to be some human employees.
Someone has to clean up the place and wash windows.

I think it should be you.

A human.

Half of the check out lines at the new mini Wal Marts that have popped up in my area are automatic check out lines, where the customer does the checking, does the bagging, and pays for and carts out their own groceries.

However...............................

On the other side of the coin, there is United Marketplace that is also around here. You push your cart up to the checkout line, the cashier takes your cart, rings up all the groceries, and there is another person who bags your groceries, puts them in the cart, pushes the cart to your car, and helps you load them. And, whenever they are offered a tip for helping, they refuse and say it's against store policy.

Depends on where you shop at I guess.
I tell google what I want & someone brings it to my door.

A lot of cities are establishing their own "living wage" hourly rates around the $15 level. LA recently bumped it up to $18. Even here in Austin, fast food chains can't get or keep workers unless they pay around $12.

Many fast food restaurants, retail stores and small contractors are beginning to see their profits being squeezed at this level and are having problems passing this extra cost along to their customers. If they raise their prices, they lose business.

We are getting close to a tipping point where a lot of these companies will choose to automate functions currently performed by restaurant workers and sales clerks. It's already begun to happen in many cities on the East & West coast. If the wage rate for employees reaches $20, companies will either automate or fold up. Contractors and builders can't automate, but they will survive by hiring people off the books (illegals).

Each year our dysfunctional education system graduates hordes of kids from high school that are barely literate. Who is going to take care of these people if they can't find jobs and have no skills -the Federal government?
we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

No, we need this because people are more important than profits.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

So how are companies going to pay $23.50 an hour? And how are you going to force them to stay ?

Under my plan their net will be higher.

A human.

Why would anyone go to a store that you have to bag your own groceries? I refuse, and make them open a counter with a live person.

Well they have been doing it that way in America for over 35 years (that I know about)

I've never scanned or bagged my own purchase. Nor will I. Nor should you.

A lot of cities are establishing their own "living wage" hourly rates around the $15 level. LA recently bumped it up to $18. Even here in Austin, fast food chains can't get or keep workers unless they pay around $12.

Many fast food restaurants, retail stores and small contractors are beginning to see their profits being squeezed at this level and are having problems passing this extra cost along to their customers. If they raise their prices, they lose business.

We are getting close to a tipping point where a lot of these companies will choose to automate functions currently performed by restaurant workers and sales clerks. It's already begun to happen in many cities on the East & West coast. If the wage rate for employees reaches $20, companies will either automate or fold up. Contractors and builders can't automate, but they will survive by hiring people off the books (illegals).

Each year our dysfunctional education system graduates hordes of kids from high school that are barely literate. Who is going to take care of these people if they can't find jobs and have no skills -the Federal government?
we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

How would your plan, end all welfare?

Because everyone would be working with a salary to high to qualify for social welfare AND it would outlaw the more costly corporate welfare.

Bring 'em on ...

marion_the_robot_maid_by_blackboltlonewolf-dbqf2b6.png

A human.

Prices. Aldi prices are lower than comparable stores. That's the way we're headed, where you will pay a premium to have a human scan your goods and bag them.

That depends what city your are located.

Are Prices Cheaper at Amazon, Walmart, Costco, or Jet.com?

If you really want to cheap out, buy online at Amazon.

A human.

That’s what makes America great! If you don’t mind bagging a few groceries to save a bit of time and/or money, then you can shop where they bag your groceries and carry them to your car. It’s a beautiful thang.

You don't necessarily save money.

Are Prices Cheaper at Amazon, Walmart, Costco, or Jet.com?

Vendin

Food vending machines have been around for over 50 years & nobody is lined up at them or gives a crap.

A human.

Well they have been doing it that way in America for over 35 years (that I know about)

I remember the days when people said they would never pump their own gas.

A human.

I remember the days when people said they would never pump their own gas.

I remember getting used to pumping my own gas, and then going across New Jersey in the late 90's, and was told to stay in my car, they would pump the gas for me and that it was against the law for me to pump my own. Something about state regs.

Shocked the crap outta me. I had thought that by that time, there were no more full service stations in the USA anymore.

Vendin

Food vending machines have been around for over 50 years & nobody is lined up at them or gives a crap.

Really, you compare a vending machine holding stale sandwiches in cellophane to a hot and fresh Big Mac just off the grill?

Vendin

Really, you compare a vending machine holding stale sandwiches in cellophane to a hot and fresh Big Mac just off the grill?
LOL - 10 years ago the fresh pizza making machine was supposed to take over the pizza world. Nobody has yet to see or try one & only shown in video on youtube. They only sell pizza for $1 less & thats because they are small & thin. Before that were fresh food automats which have all gone out of business. Vending machines started in the 1880's & still suck! McDonalds kiosk suck & increased their $1 menu to $3, so I eat elsewhere.

But, the robot repair business will be booming

Under my plan you can't deduct the cost of a robot. Only human labor would be deductible.

A robot is a capital expense. It's a tool, just like a screw driver or a hammer.

Under my plan you can't deduct the cost of a robot, you can hire people and deduct employee expenses.

Doesn't work. A robot is a machine and I'd this a depreciating asset. You're basically penalizing businesses for cutting costs.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

How would your plan, end all welfare?

Because everyone would be working with a salary to high to qualify for social welfare AND it would outlaw the more costly corporate welfare.

They would just raise the welfare limit, Jesus minimum wage will always be the bottom rung, no matter if you put national minimum wage at a $1,000 dollars an hour you will still be fucking poor.

Forum List

Back