robert e lee statue melted down

No, you are just being a pig turd. You are not a resident of Ga.
I have family who are. I'm offering suggestions. I bet you thought we'd never dismantle Monument Ave. What makes you think we won't be audacious enough to deface your rock? 😄

onrtgu7rz8y31.png
you tell them

Lee was a traitor. A flat out traitor.

Erase history. Like opposing the teaching of slavery and segregation and Jim Crow in our schools.

Moms for Liberty (an ironic name if ever there was one) even opposes Ruby Bridges Goes to School: My True Story being allowed in school libraries.

One of their complaints about the book is that it has Norman Rockwell's The Problem We All Live With in it.

Erase history. Right.

ruby.jpg
you ever read about lees life and blacks he helped. dodnt think so.

tear down a statue of a civil war general who fought against the United States. I can’t say I care.

Melt down the now removed statue. Again, I couldn’t work up a single duck to give.

Many of our liberals post these new bites for some reason. I have to speculate that they imagine many of us get all worked up over it.

A few might. Many of us don’t.

The issue is they aren't stopping there, and melting it down instead of turning it over to someone who would want it and post in on private property is just instigating.

Remember they are going after the Columbus Statue in Columbus Circle, and they have already removed a Teddy Roosevelt Statue in NY because it had him on horseback flanked by an African and a Native American guide on each side.

The issue is they aren't stopping there, and melting it down instead of turning it over to someone who would want it and post in on private property is just instigating.

Remember they are going after the Columbus Statue in Columbus Circle, and they have already removed a Teddy Roosevelt Statue in NY because it had him on horseback flanked by an African and a Native American guide on each side.
As a general rule, I oppose tearing down statues. But I can’t muster enough emotional energy to give a fuck about Confederate Generals.

As to removing the names of Washington and Lincoln from schools and hospitals (etc.) or removing statues of guys like Teddy Roosevelt, I agree with you fully. That is insidious.

As a general rule, I oppose tearing down statues. But I can’t muster enough emotional energy to give a fuck about Confederate Generals.

As to removing the names of Washington and Lincoln from schools and hospitals (etc.) or removing statues of guys like Teddy Roosevelt, I agree with you fully. That is insidious.

Understood on the first, but remember Lee was the one who told his troops to give up, and not go guerilla.

Understood on the first, but remember Lee was the one who told his troops to give up, and not go guerilla.
He was a military leader for the traitors waging war against the Union. I do give him props for his rational decisions at the end of that hideous war. But statues? Nah. For him, I still don’t care what they do with statues.

To be clear though, the ass cancer libturds who seek to remove the names of Jefferson and Lincoln and Washington are absolutely seeking to alter our nation’s narrative. And they need to be forever opposed and denied any success.

He was a military leader for the traitors waging war against the Union. I do give him props for his rational decisions at the end of that hideous war. But statues? Nah. For him, I still don’t care what they do with statues.

To be clear though, the ass cancer libturds who seek to remove the names of Jefferson and Lincoln and Washington are absolutely seeking to alter our nation’s narrative. And they need to be forever opposed and denied any success.

I see we are off by degree, not by magnitude, and I'm good with that.

My view is if the people who drew blood against him forgave him, who are we to question that?

Notice nobody at the time forgave assholes like Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot. Although all have apologists, Stalin more than ol' Adolph. and Pol.

And just look at the even current debate of Cromwell in the UK.

There was no treason

The southern states had a tight to leave the union if they wanted to

Forum List

Back