RNC Brushes Back trump On 'Cease-And-Desist' Demand

He doesn't want people to use his image without his approval....hardly think that's small and pity....who would?

and why do people that dislike Trump, wanting to use his image and ride on his coat tails anyway?

but lastly, I know we haven't heard from him, or seen him.....but Super Spreader Joe is the President, and we have much bigger major issues and chaos facing the United States now because of it...

Joe Biden was NEVER a superspreader..That was Trump.
Super Spreader Biden is knowingly allowing illegals that have tested hot on the border, free roam around the USA....he's even buying the bus ticket!

Check your facts and your numbers.
Check yours.

He owns his name and likeness just like Prince did.

That's not petty, that's the fucking law.

Doesn't mean nobody else can use it.

If you're the RP and you wanted to --- WHY you WOULD want to is a whole 'nother quesiton --- you could sell yourself as "we're the party that brought you Rump". It would be true. They're not gonna say "we're the party that brought you that orange thing with no name".
Actually, it does mean that nobody can use it without expressed permission....It's called copyright law.

You CAN'T COPYRIGHT YOUR OWN NAME, Dickhead.

Ask John Smith.
People copyright their names everyday ignoramus. There have been battles between family members for the rights to their names. Case in point, Joseph Gallo was sued for using the name Joseph Gallo Farms on his cheese by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo. He was not allowed to use his own name because the brothers had previously copyrighted it. E&J Gallo winery also receives royalties from Gallo Salami for using the name. STFU, you don't know shit about what you are talking about. I am sure the Trump name is already copyrighted.

If you're the RP and you wanted to --- WHY you WOULD want to is a whole 'nother quesiton --- you could sell yourself as "we're the party that brought you Rump". It would be true. They're not gonna say "we're the party that brought you that orange thing with no name".
Actually, it does mean that nobody can use it without expressed permission....It's called copyright law.

Ask John Smith.
Making claims that you are under the Trump banner when you are not is fraud..

Trump is himself incorporated, so copyright law very likely applies.

You can't "incorporate" yourself. Are you completely retarded?

This level of ignance is beyond belief.
Ask any doctor today if they can incorporate themselves. STFU. BTW--"ignorance"

This is interesting.

trump doesn't want the RNC to use his name in fundraising.

The RNC says they will keep using his name.

trump is saying those who want to support trump approved politicians should donate to a trump PAC.

So trump doesn't want people to help all republicans. Specifically republicans that are on trump's enemy list.

This is one extremely small and petty man.

I saw this a little earlier. He is a petty man out for revenge.

Trump has invited all his major donors to Mara Lago to tap them for money.... and its not for the RNC.

Wow what a horrible excuse for a human being.

He will destroy the Republican Party even more than he already has.

Democracy needs two major political parties to be able to exist.

America needs to wake up and get our act together.
We don't have two parties now. We have the Washington DC Swamp rat alliance.

This is interesting.

trump is saying those who want to support trump approved politicians should donate to a trump PAC.

So trump doesn't want people to help all republicans. Specifically republicans that are on trump's enemy list.

How is that petty?

Obama basically spurred trump to run because he was "petty" and decided to roast him

That's how all men worth a damn work.

Anything else is total apathy

If i was Trump i'd rub Obama and anyone else who doubted me nose in it for the rest of time. And if i was Obama I would have been a lot more thorough in crushing trump.

Is his name copyrighted?
Whether it is or isn't legally copyrighted, his name and likeness are legally owned by him...And as such, others using the Trump name and likeness without permission would be running afoul of things like that "case law" thingy that are all the rage with the left.

Oh FUCKING BULLSHIT. Don't sit here and insult the internet. He's a fucking public figure and he needs to fucking grow a pair. Simple as that, case closed.
California law. Not sure there is a more liberal state than it.

Invasion of privacy by commercial appropriation / rights of publicity

These rights are violated when a person’s likeness is used on or in connection with products or merchandise (“goods”), or to sell or advertise goods or services.
That is why you have to sign a release whenever a company chooses to use your name or likeness. Using a picture of an event in which you have no expectation of privacy is not protected, but that is not the same as what the GOP is proposing.

Is his name copyrighted?
Whether it is or isn't legally copyrighted, his name and likeness are legally owned by him...And as such, others using the Trump name and likeness without permission would be running afoul of things like that "case law" thingy that are all the rage with the left.

Oh FUCKING BULLSHIT. Don't sit here and insult the internet. He's a fucking public figure and he needs to fucking grow a pair. Simple as that, case closed.
You are bigly mistaken.

Ask John Smith.
Try using Smith Bros. fucking moron

He doesn't want people to use his image without his approval....hardly think that's small and pity....who would?

and why do people that dislike Trump, wanting to use his image and ride on his coat tails anyway?

but lastly, I know we haven't heard from him, or seen him.....but Super Spreader Joe is the President, and we have much bigger major issues and chaos facing the United States now because of it...

Super Spreader Biden is knowingly allowing illegals that have tested hot on the border, free roam around the USA....he's even buying the bus ticket!
Then the democrats will blame the Republican governor of Texas for opening up too soon. They are that despicable.

Texas has one of the highest rates of cases in the United States of America which has the highest rate of cases in the world.

The recent loss of power, blackouts, and lack of clean drinking water during the recent freeze, is increasing the number of cases of Covid and the deaths from Covid. Greg Abbott is simply looking for a scapegoat for his own incompetence and failure to deal with the pandemic. Immigrants are such an easy target.

In the meantime the CDC is decrying this rush to fully reopen. They’re saying that now is not the time to slow or reduce mitigation efforts. That’s why you’re heading into your fourth surge in this disease. Every time case is slow down you fully reopen before you squashed the virus.

Not surprisingly, Greg Abbott consulted no one before announcing his decision. He had previously pledged to follow the science. He was just desperate to take attention away from his failure during the ice storm.

This is interesting.

I saw this a little earlier. He is a petty man out for revenge.

Trump has invited all his major donors to Mara Lago to tap them for money.... and its not for the RNC.

Wow what a horrible excuse for a human being.

He will destroy the Republican Party even more than he already has.

Democracy needs two major political parties to be able to exist.

America needs to wake up and get our act together.

How? The GOP barely lost the Senate and will probably win the House in 2022.

That probably depends on whether or not Trump continues to agitate the mob. He's punishing the Republicans because he lost.

- which continues a 75-year tradition of never ever EVER taking responsibility for a goddam thing.

As we've been saying for six years, not exactly the kind of character you want to plunk into the most responsible job in the world.

Trump is a symptom of something rotten in the underbelly of the the shrinking middle class. Hitler tapped it.. Demagogues have a lot in common. They identify a scapegoat an pound out the message that only they can make the country great again.

He said exactly that. "Only I can fix it".

And these yahoos just swallowed the whole shebang hook line and sinker.

Then the democrats will blame the Republican governor of Texas for opening up too soon. They are that despicable.

Texas has one of the highest rates of cases in the United States of America which has the highest rate of cases in the world.

The recent loss of power, blackouts, and lack of clean drinking water during the recent freeze, is increasing the number of cases of Covid and the deaths from Covid. Greg Abbott is simply looking for a scapegoat for his own incompetence and failure to deal with the pandemic. Immigrants are such an easy target.

In the meantime the CDC is decrying this rush to fully reopen. They’re saying that now is not the time to slow or reduce mitigation efforts. That’s why you’re heading into your fourth surge in this disease. Every time case is slow down you fully reopen before you squashed the virus.

Not surprisingly, Greg Abbott consulted no one before announcing his decision. He had previously pledged to follow the science. He was just desperate to take attention away from his failure during the ice storm.
"Cases" doesn't mean jack shit.

This is interesting.

Republican party was and is not loyal to him, why should he support them. Swamp rats. If college athletes can demand payment for their name and image over and above the free education that they receive, I have no problem with Trump demanding the same compensation.

What does Trump actually do beyond screwing his ardent followers out of their hard earned cash?

No he doesn't. He gave over that right when the party made him their candidate.
Please cite the law that makes one the property of the GOP when you're their candidate.
When you become president you become "property" of the people.

Trump is a petty, petty man, but he WAS President and no longer solely owns his name or likeness.

This is interesting.

Republican party was and is not loyal to him, why should he support them. Swamp rats. If college athletes can demand payment for their name and image over and above the free education that they receive, I have no problem with Trump demanding the same compensation.

Trump is an incompetent, grandstanding liar and cheat. Republicans are better than that. Why be loyal to a freeloading con man?

This is interesting.

What does Trump actually do beyond screwing his ardent followers out of their hard earned cash?
When Trump was President he actually allowed me to keep more of my hard earn money....you too...that is if you have income

This is interesting.

Who controls your cash, dumb ass? Last time I bought something or donated to a cause, I reached in my pocket and made the decision to give the money to someone else. Trump didn't reach into my pocket and take my money--unlike the tax and spend democrats. SMH--democrat stupidity is raging today.

This is interesting.

Trump is an incompetent, grandstanding liar and cheat. Republicans are better than that. Why be loyal to a freeloading con man?
Your opinion is noted and dismissed. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one--yours is just shittier than most.

Forum List

Back