Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

Looks like Kyle is going to stand trial for his alleged crimes:

Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

The straw buyer is as guilty because of knowing they bought a firearm for a minor...

You would rather that the kid had been unarmed when he was attacked by the mob? Would you prefer that he had been the one killed, and if so, why?

I prefer him and his friend obeyed the laws and not obtain the firearm until he was legal age.

You do understand that Kyle had no right to have that firearm and it was illegally obtained through what is called a straw purchase.

Kyle may not be found guilty of the deaths but he is guilty of illegally owning a firearm and his friend is guilty of buying and giving Kyle the gun.

Also had Kyle not had the firearm would have been there?

It's amazing how much vitriol you have to spew about "I would prefer they obey the law" when it comes to Kyle Rittenhouse, considering that I've never heard you say a word about "prefer they obey the law" when it comes to the rioters, let alone get your panties all wadded up your crack about them the way you do about Kyle. Your selective "outrage" on behalf of law and order is almost as astounding as it is hypocritical and hollow.

Are you having another hissy fit with what I wrote?

Did you know it is against the law to straw purchase a firearm for a minor?

Did you also know it is against the law for that minor to carry that firearm seeing he was underage and shouldn’t have had that firearm?

Now as you lecture me about my so call outrage please kindly show where my outrage is at because I am stating facts and just because those rioting were breaking the law does not excuse Kyle or his friend for breaking the law but of course a simple minded person like yourself will look for one, as I correct?

So will you deny Kyle and his Friend broke a few laws and try to excuse them because of your hate for the rioters?

If someone attends a riot and engages in looting and arson, they really have a lot of nerve complaining when the Citizens start shooting at them.

It is part of the risk the BLM/Antifa/NAMBLA rioters were taking, and they should just man up and accept it, IMHO.

If they were at all capable of manning up, they wouldn't have been out rioting in the first place.

Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

The straw buyer is as guilty because of knowing they bought a firearm for a minor...

You would rather that the kid had been unarmed when he was attacked by the mob? Would you prefer that he had been the one killed, and if so, why?

I believe what he would prefer is for people who don't agree with him politically to huddle in their houses, terrified, while his comrades roam the streets like the band of vicious, filthy savages that they are.

Is that what you believe then you are just not a moron but a fucking lunatic of a moron!

First off it is against the law to Straw Purchase for a minor or anyone that is not allow to own a firearm but you are ignorant on this fact and will excuse the friend for his illegal action.

It was illegal for Kyle to have that firearm but again you will ignore this and claim I am with the rioters while admitting what Kyle and his friend did with the purchase of the firearm will cost them...

Notice I have yet to really comment on his shooting because I could give a flying fuck those worthless fucks are dead!

My family doesn't deal with "commissioners." There's a judge who isn't quite a judge charging a murder that isn't quite a murder, and there's reasonable doubt all over that commissioner's face and ass.
Somebody's putting out a shitty-ass lousy binding "precedent" legislating from the bench like that. Any criminal charge for “possession” of any sort of “weapon” is invalid on its face, because of the Second Amendment, and under the Constitution absolutely precludes any criminal charges for any crime that might be committed by the defendant with that weapon.

You have to permit the defendant to hold the weapon in his hand and pull the trigger on it if you want to charge the defendant with murder, manslaughter, or any cocked-up sort of homicide in a dysfunctional anti-Constitutional county-commissioned court system.
According to your idiocy, inmates in prison have a constitutional right to bear arms. :cuckoo:

I prefer him and his friend obeyed the laws and not obtain the firearm until he was legal age.

You do understand that Kyle had no right to have that firearm and it was illegally obtained through what is called a straw purchase.

Kyle may not be found guilty of the deaths but he is guilty of illegally owning a firearm and his friend is guilty of buying and giving Kyle the gun.

It's amazing how much vitriol you have to spew about "I would prefer they obey the law" when it comes to Kyle Rittenhouse, considering that I've never heard you say a word about "prefer they obey the law" when it comes to the rioters, let alone get your panties all wadded up your crack about them the way you do about Kyle. Your selective "outrage" on behalf of law and order is almost as astounding as it is hypocritical and hollow.

Did you also know it is against the law for that minor to carry that firearm seeing he was underage and shouldn’t have had that firearm?

Now as you lecture me about my so call outrage please kindly show where my outrage is at because I am stating facts and just because those rioting were breaking the law does not excuse Kyle or his friend for breaking the law but of course a simple minded person like yourself will look for one, as I correct?

So will you deny Kyle and his Friend broke a few laws and try to excuse them because of your hate for the rioters?

I'll take that as an "I don't want to hear any facts! No questions! STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME THINK WHILE I'M BUSY BEING A SELFISH ASSHOLE!!!"

And then I will flush you as the dishonest, cowardly pussy that you are, because I don't talk to fake men.

Happy swirling, Dickless!

1607118861590.png

It's sad that a 17yo will be tried as an adult, and if justice is served he will be sentenced to life in prison w/o parole.

It's not sad when that 17 year old kid decides to take adult actions, cross state lines and take possession of an illegal firearm, and then kill someone.

If he believes he was right, let him proclaim that in court, and let him be judged...

You are really confused about this aren't you Moon Bat?

The young man is being charged with murder for political reasons for an act of self defense.

By the way, go read the Bill of rights. There are no age limitations on the right to keep and bear arms.

A child has the right to defend themself the same as an adult.

I'd run rings around you with regards to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so, really, check yourself.

The fact of the matter is that both Wisconsin and Illinois prohibit the possession of the type of weapon he had. In his home state of Illinois, he would have to have an FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Rittenhouse doesn't have one. In Wisconsin, the transfer of a firearm to anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, and the possession of a firearm by anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, unless the minor is supervised by an adult while hunting or while undergoing a course of instruction.

There's no confusion here. There's no grey area

Ten bucks?

What does state law say about a mob beating someone to death?

What about an elected official ordering the police to stand down so that the mob can destroy and terrorize?

Hell, wasn't the mob in violation of a curfew?

Why do laws only apply to one side these days?

Those things don't matter in the case of Kyle Rittenhouse. It wasn't Rittenhouse's duty to enforce the curfew. In fact, if the mob was in violation of a curfew, so was Rittenhouse...

No one said he was trying to enforce the curfew. In fact, what he was trying to do was protect people and property from people who were already engaged in criminal activity, including violating the curfew.

Let me ask you something, Mr. I'm-a-combat-vet. If there was a similar violent riot in your city, or in a neighboring town, and someone you knew asked you to come help him protect his business from being destroyed, would you have gone?

Was this joker trying to give credibility to his opinion by claiming he was a combat vet?

LOL! Damn that boy is confused.

How much credibility does being a Vietnam Vet, a certified fire arms instructor and a certified range officer give my opinions on the Kyle issue?

Not much because none of those have a damn thing to do with the subject, huh?

And several posters on this very board have publicly called for Rump to PARDON this piece of shit.

So conservatives clamoring to defend homicidal maniacs now. We live in interesting times.
Well that's because conservatives are imbeciles who don't know Impeached Trump can't pardon Rittenhouse.

I'll take that as an "I don't want to hear any facts! No questions! STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME THINK WHILE I'M BUSY BEING A SELFISH ASSHOLE!!!"

And then I will flush you as the dishonest, cowardly pussy that you are, because I don't talk to fake men.

Happy swirling, Dickless!

View attachment 425134

Oh, so you are writing facts then provide them because you have yet to provide one you worthless troll!

Straw Purchase is against the law which is the law the friend broke!

Kyle having the gun was also against the law and yes Kyle broke the law.

So tell me which part did I write is wrong?

You can not tell me and will be a lunatic partisan nutter just lying about reality!

I would love to be on the jury, I'd find Kyle to be as innocent as a newborn babe.

Clear case of self defense. The so-called "victim" here was a child molester and Kyle was a child.

Just as I would find him guilty... minimally of the weapons charges, and most likely of the murder charges as well.

The fact that this is going to trial is a good thing in my mind. My guess is this will end with a hung jury and charges not being reapplied for by the DA.

It's sad that a 17yo will be tried as an adult, and if justice is served he will be sentenced to life in prison w/o parole.

It's not sad when that 17 year old kid decides to take adult actions, cross state lines and take possession of an illegal firearm, and then kill someone.

If he believes he was right, let him proclaim that in court, and let him be judged...

The young man is being charged with murder for political reasons for an act of self defense.

By the way, go read the Bill of rights. There are no age limitations on the right to keep and bear arms.

I'd run rings around you with regards to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so, really, check yourself.

The fact of the matter is that both Wisconsin and Illinois prohibit the possession of the type of weapon he had. In his home state of Illinois, he would have to have an FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Rittenhouse doesn't have one. In Wisconsin, the transfer of a firearm to anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, and the possession of a firearm by anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, unless the minor is supervised by an adult while hunting or while undergoing a course of instruction.

Ten bucks?

What about an elected official ordering the police to stand down so that the mob can destroy and terrorize?

Those things don't matter in the case of Kyle Rittenhouse. It wasn't Rittenhouse's duty to enforce the curfew. In fact, if the mob was in violation of a curfew, so was Rittenhouse...

No one said he was trying to enforce the curfew. In fact, what he was trying to do was protect people and property from people who were already engaged in criminal activity, including violating the curfew.

Let me ask you something, Mr. I'm-a-combat-vet. If there was a similar violent riot in your city, or in a neighboring town, and someone you knew asked you to come help him protect his business from being destroyed, would you have gone?

Was this joker trying to give credibility to his opinion by claiming he was a combat vet?

How much credibility does being a Vietnam Vet, a certified fire arms instructor and a certified range officer give my opinions on the Kyle issue?

Well, my opinion comes from being classified as "spoils of war" by the sort of violent primitives who were rioting and burning in Kenosha that night. And I would far rather live in a community where 17-year-olds feel the need to defend their neighbors than one where they feel virtuous in saying, "He provoked them by not hiding at home."

Any man who doesn't give consideration to which attitude makes the women around him feel safer isn't much of a man.

I would love to be on the jury, I'd find Kyle to be as innocent as a newborn babe.

Clear case of self defense. The so-called "victim" here was a child molester and Kyle was a child.

Just as I would find him guilty... minimally of the weapons charges, and most likely of the murder charges as well.

The fact that this is going to trial is a good thing in my mind. My guess is this will end with a hung jury and charges not being reapplied for by the DA.

The friend will plea out on the Straw Purchase charge and Kyle is possibly looking at two counts of manslaughter and being in possession of a firearm that he legally was not allow to have.

I doubt they will get him on the killings but having the gun is no way around it...

Ten bucks?

Well, my opinion comes from being classified as "spoils of war" by the sort of violent primitives who were rioting and burning in Kenosha that night. And I would far rather live in a community where 17-year-olds feel the need to defend their neighbors than one where they feel virtuous in saying, "He provoked them by not hiding at home."

Any man who doesn't give consideration to which attitude makes the women around him feel safer isn't much of a man.

Kyle is a great American hero.

These Moon Bats don't think that because they are just as confused about Ethics as they are Economics, History, Climate Science, Biology and the Constitution.

Ten bucks?

He only violated the law doing it, plus he killed people and it is not his home ground.

The friend will plea out on the Straw Purchase charge and Kyle is possibly looking at two counts of manslaughter and being in possession of a firearm that he legally was not allow to have.

I doubt they will get him on the killings but having the gun is no way around it...

Agreed. I wonder if the DA might get Kyle to plea to 2 manslaughter counts and the weapons charge in return for a minimal sentence in a low-security prison and extended parole.

Forum List

Back