RIP Taylor Hawkins

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Multi-Dimensional Warrior
Taylor Hawkins, the American musician best known as the drummer for the rock band Foo Fighters, has died. He was 50.
“The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins,” the band wrote on Facebook on Saturday AEDT.
“His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever.
“Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginably difficult time.”
More to come.
Beyond sad. A great musician gone at such an early age.

This is beyond tragic.

Chris Shiflett is a good friend of mine. I spoke to him just a few days ago and he sounded upbeat about their upcoming tour.

Fuck, man, this sucks...

"What the hell?? My phone starting blowing up and I’m just … what the hell??" - Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante

Last edited:
“I've worked hard, but this business can be tough, and I just consider myself incredibly lucky to have had the career that I have, and to still be having so much fun playing drums and making music...I'd be managing the drum department at a guitar center if it wasn't for Dave Grohl” - Taylor Hawkins

Concerts in heaven just got a lot better!

Last edited:
my bro sent this pic! i'm jealous!

FOv8xiyUYAAhiYy

who should replace Taylor in Foo Fighters? Wolf Van Halen i say! that or disband the band!

“I’d met Dave on tour with Alanis,” Hawkins recalled. “She said, what are you going to do when Dave asks you to join the Foo Fighters?” The drummer admitted he was shocked when Morrissette’s prediction came true. “I thought, they had a drummer. They’re happy. I love the Foo Fighters. I love the way they are. And like any smart musician with a gig, I said [to Morrissette] that I would never leave you (laughing). And then I found out the Foo Fighter drummer quit and I was like, I found the number [for Grohl]. ‘Dude! I’ll be your drummer!”

Taylor Hawkins, Drummer for Foo Fighters, Dead at 50

Died on tour. history of addiction. band asking for privacy.

Bet the COVID jab got him.

Forum List

Back