The 16 year old son of the late Taylor Hawkins plays with the Foo Fighters at a memorial concert for his Dad.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Taylor Hawkins, long time drummer for the Foo Fighters died in March of this year. A memorial concert was arranged in London, featuring some very big names in the music world.

But it was the 16 year old son of Hawkins that stole the show. The kid can play.

Would never make fun of Taylor Hawkins or his fans, or his son, or the Foo Fighters, or.... or...... or etc, but I'm just wondering if they might have caught the curse of Spinal Tapp, what with them losing their drummer, and all.

Taylor Hawkins, long time drummer for the Foo Fighters died in March of this year. A memorial concert was arranged in London, featuring some very big names in the music world.

But it was the 16 year old son of Hawkins that stole the show. The kid can play.

Wow, I didn't even know this happened. RIP.

I read about Dave Grohl and Hawkins in a story about Hawkin's death in Rolling Stone, lead singer and guitarist for the Foo Fighters. He is an amazing drummer, as he was for Nirvana, and Taylor Hawkins was always under pressure to get his drumming right from Grohl, who Hawkin's said "could take my spot and hit everything perfect in his first try".

Grohl is super talented, and I'm always left wondering what Nirvana could have continued being.

Forum List

Back