RIP Lauren Bacall

The cast is reunited at long last...
KeyLargo_02.jpg

One of my all time favorites, fell in love with her in this movie! My dream woman!

Lauren Bacall passed away today.

She was wonderful! Loved her in "To Have and Have Not".

RIP

:(

Silver screen siren Lauren Bacall, who starred in classic films like “The Big Sleep” and “How to Marry a Millionaire,” died on Tuesday, according to reports.

The actress had a fatal stroke Tuesday morning in her home, TMZ reported.

Born in the Bronx, the husky-voiced actress rose to fame in 1944 after starring in Howard Hawks’ “To Have and Have Not” alongside her future husband Humphrey Bogart. Bacall became a favorite leading lady of the film noir genre, appearing in “The Big Sleep,” “Dark Passage” and “Key Largo.”...

Legendary actress Lauren Bacall dies | Page Six

She was a great actress

For a 19 year old to hold her own in a scene with Humphrey Bogart is saying alot. She had a confidence and screen presence that made you watch her whenever she was in a scene

As much as I hate smoking........Bacall smoking a cigarette was freak'n sexy

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVrsoxIHtU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVrsoxIHtU[/ame]

Last edited:
Bacall was one of the last of a bygone age. Absolutely gorgeous. Classy as could be. And tough as she wanted to be.

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall. Thank you.

If I'm not mistaken Lauren Bacall and Shirley Temple, who died earlier this year in February, were the last surviving members of AFI's Legends of the Silver Screen from the Golden Era.

Though I liked Bacall, my favorites of that era were Ingrid Bergman, Teresa Wright, Jean Arthur, Audrey Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck and Lillian Gish.

Last edited:
Bacall was one of the last of a bygone age. Absolutely gorgeous. Classy as could be. And tough as she wanted to be.

If I'm not mistaken Lauren Bacall and Shirley Temple, who died earlier this year in February, were the last surviving members of AFI's Legends of the Silver Screen from the Golden Era.

There are three left: Kirk Douglas, Sidney Poitier, and Sophia Lauren.

Well, I meant among the ladies. I thought Lauren was dead! LOL!

Last edited:

I didn't think Kirk Douglas was still alive; his son is as old as the hills.

Forum List

Back