RIP Lauren Bacall

Lauren Bacall passed away today.

She was wonderful! Loved her in "To Have and Have Not".

RIP

:(

Silver screen siren Lauren Bacall, who starred in classic films like “The Big Sleep” and “How to Marry a Millionaire,” died on Tuesday, according to reports.

The actress had a fatal stroke Tuesday morning in her home, TMZ reported.

Born in the Bronx, the husky-voiced actress rose to fame in 1944 after starring in Howard Hawks’ “To Have and Have Not” alongside her future husband Humphrey Bogart. Bacall became a favorite leading lady of the film noir genre, appearing in “The Big Sleep,” “Dark Passage” and “Key Largo.”...

Legendary actress Lauren Bacall dies | Page Six

She was a great actress

For a 19 year old to hold her own in a scene with Humphrey Bogart is saying alot. She had a confidence and screen presence that made you watch her whenever she was in a scene
In The Shootist, when she went toe to toe with John Wayne, you'd almost think that fire in her eye wasn't acting....
She held her own, and upstaged him a bit at times.

At 19 she was in a whole other class of womanhood than what we see from 19 year old girls today. I can't put my finger on it, but youza, hubba hubba, is a close approximation.

At 19 she was in a whole other class of womanhood than what we see from 19 year old girls today. I can't put my finger on it, but youza, hubba hubba, is a close approximation.

Yes she was. I might even venture to say that that classy kind of woman can be considered an extinct species nowadays.

All that is left in Hollywood are braying donkeys!

Sad but true. :(

She was a sultry seductress in the ways of sensual persuasion, with her throaty voice and flowing locks she could make any man do as she wished. Then there were her eyes, she could stare into a man's soul and take his breath away.

I heard her say, in an interview, that her nervousness made her head shake so she held her chin down to steady it.. It worked beautifully.

She was a sultry seductress in the ways of sensual persuasion, with her throaty voice and flowing locks she could make any man do as she wished. Then there were her eyes, she could stare into a man's soul and take his breath away.

What is different was Bacall was no bimbo. At 19 she could go up against a 40 something Bogart at the top of his career and bring him to his knees.

What is different was Bacall was no bimbo. At 19 she could go up against a 40 something Bogart at the top of his career and bring him to his knees.

That's acting though. I'm talking about her sexual appeal and her demeanor. Sure, I understand that she's acting a part in these scenes, but an actress has to draw from within herself in order to play a convincing character, and my oh my, she was the cat's pajamas, 23 skidoo, when it came to sizzling womanhood at only 19 years of age.

To put it another way, I can't think of a 19 year old girl today who has that same sizzle. They're either trashy or little-girly. Bacall at 19 was a mate-match for any man older than her. She wasn't a girl, she was a woman in comfortable in her skin and with her power over older men.

Let me try yet another approach. Which 19 year old out there today would 44 year old men look at and say "Wow, she's too much woman for me to handle but I certainly would like to try?" In fact even amongst women of older ages, no one comes to mind. Older women are more comfortable with their sexuality and their power over men and know how to use that power but Bacall really sizzled in those scenes. Who can do that today? What do we see instead, Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct? That's more crass than class.

I am not talking about her acting chops, I am discussing her womanhood.

they say those who knew her called her Betty. may she rest in peace.

Betty-Joan-Perske-before-she-was-Lauren-Bacall-1944-2.jpg

It happens in threes.

No it happens everyday. People die. The only difference is when you and I die no one is going to give a shit.

Well, I'm sure that's true in your case.

No it's true in yours too.

The cast is reunited at long last...
KeyLargo_02.jpg

One of my all time favorites, fell in love with her in this movie! My dream woman!

That is one of the first old movies I ever saw.

Lauren Bacall passed away today.

She was wonderful! Loved her in "To Have and Have Not".

RIP

:(

Silver screen siren Lauren Bacall, who starred in classic films like “The Big Sleep” and “How to Marry a Millionaire,” died on Tuesday, according to reports.

The actress had a fatal stroke Tuesday morning in her home, TMZ reported.

Born in the Bronx, the husky-voiced actress rose to fame in 1944 after starring in Howard Hawks’ “To Have and Have Not” alongside her future husband Humphrey Bogart. Bacall became a favorite leading lady of the film noir genre, appearing in “The Big Sleep,” “Dark Passage” and “Key Largo.”...

Legendary actress Lauren Bacall dies | Page Six

What a great actress and a class act.

RIP Bacall

I remember reading an interview with her that struck me. The interviewer asked her what it had been like to be so beautiful when she was younger. She replied: "It was wonderful".

I like that.

Are you sure that wasn't a scene in the movie The Mirror Has Two Faces with Barbra Streisand?

Forum List

Back