RIP Lauren Bacall

I always loved this scene. Betty was funny and a good sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm under 40 so I never heard of her until today

You didn't get the memo? Rest your mind, it's fine for you to watch movies from before the year of your birth - we're no longer arresting people for doing that.

The cast is reunited at long last...
KeyLargo_02.jpg

I'm under 40 so I never heard of her until today

I am too but I knew who she was. Didn't know she was still alive though. I used to watch a lot of B&W movies. I like that they were dialogue driven and the actors then had a much stronger presence than in the CGI world of today.

That does make 3 actors in the past few days though who have croaked.

For those who never heard of her check out Turner Classic Movies I'm sure they will be doing a marathon of her movies soon.

Robin Williams to

I thought about that but I'm not sure his movies may be to new seems like Turner Classic does not show movies made past the mid 70s they could make an exception for him though.

The Grim Reaper always takes out three big celebrity names in the span of a coupla days.

So now we've lost Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall — may God rest their souls.

Who'll be number three?

Watch.

Lauren Bacall passed away today.

She was wonderful! Loved her in "To Have and Have Not".

RIP

:(

Silver screen siren Lauren Bacall, who starred in classic films like “The Big Sleep” and “How to Marry a Millionaire,” died on Tuesday, according to reports.

The actress had a fatal stroke Tuesday morning in her home, TMZ reported.

Born in the Bronx, the husky-voiced actress rose to fame in 1944 after starring in Howard Hawks’ “To Have and Have Not” alongside her future husband Humphrey Bogart. Bacall became a favorite leading lady of the film noir genre, appearing in “The Big Sleep,” “Dark Passage” and “Key Largo.”...

Legendary actress Lauren Bacall dies | Page Six

A bit before my time, so I never saw her in too many movies, but I've definitely heard of her and I know I've seen her in some things before.

RIP.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I think Ms. Bacall lived a full, good life. She was a favorite of mine. I love film noir and have admired her for a long time. She was also good in How to Marry a Millionaire. I've never seen The Sopranos, but I'm glad she continued to have acting roles later in life, showed she still had a zest for life. Zero to 89 is a pretty good stretch. Life expectancy for women in 1925, when she was born, was 60.6. She's done well and lived a full life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back