RIP - Jeane Kirkpatrick 1926-2006

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
When Israel Had a Champion at the UN
By PETER COLLIER - 9/05/2012

Jeane Kirkpatrick experienced an epiphany shortly after Ronald Reagan appointed her America’s permanent representative at the UN in 1981 when Israel’s ambassador Yehuda Blum came to her office for his first official visit.

She had been appalled during the previous four years by what she regarded as the Carter administration’s contemptuous attitude toward the Jewish state, and particularly by the way that preceding UN ambassadors Andrew Young and Donald McHenry had, respectively, criticized the Jewish state as “stubborn and intransigent” (and met secretly with the PLO representative), and voted for Resolution 465 condemning Israel’s occupation of “Arab territories including Jerusalem.”

But she didn’t realize how deeply these attitudes had penetrated the US mission until she saw the way the career foreign service officers she inherited from the previous administration dismissively referred to Blum by his first name and rudely interrupted him on this first visit. She sternly pointed out to them that Blum was a Holocaust survivor who spoke nine languages, and angrily ordered them out of the room...

The personal relationship was political for Kirkpatrick. Seeing the hatred of Israel in her first days at the UN, she told her colleague Richard Schifter with a stricken look on her face, “I think the Holocaust is possible again. I didn’t think so before I came to the UN, but I think so now.”

She brought this feeling to president Reagan who agreed with her that the US had to stand against “the obsessive vilification of Israel.”

Kirkpatrick defended Israel by her unyielding critique of what it faced at the UN. Charging that diplomacy regarding the “Arab- Israeli conflict” at the world body “has nothing to do with peace, but is quite simply a continuation of war against Israel by other means,” she said that the UN, as a result, had become a place where “moral outrage was distributed like violence in a protection racket”; a place where Israel is regularly and routinely attacked for manufactured crimes amidst deafening silence “when 3 million Cambodians died in Pol Pot’s murderous utopia... when a quarter million Ugandans died at the hands of Idi Amin... and when thousand of Soviet citizens are denied equal rights, equal protection of the law; denied the right to think, write, publish, work freely or emigrate.”

She pointed out repeatedly that hatred of Israel deformed all aspects of UN operations: “A women’s conference is suddenly transformed into a forum for the denunciation of Israel” because of assertions that “the biggest obstacle to the realizations of women’s full enjoyment of equal rights in the world is Zionism....A meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency becomes so absorbed in negotiations and debate over a resolution to expel Israel that it almost forgets to worry about nuclear non proliferation.”

The writer is the author of the recently published Political Woman: The Big Little Life of Jeane Kirkpatrick (Encounter Books, 2012).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3IHwCg&usg=AFQjCNGTCg2CqvdKXLVPiYPOOq1uHmtffw

Is this woman an Israeli?

I certainly don't think it is a Farsi name so maybe that is why you are confused. I guess people don't expect Iranians to have heard the name Kilpatrick in Iran.

Kilpatrick Family History
Kilpatrick Name MeaningIrish: reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Giolla Phádraig ‘son of the servant of (Saint) Patrick’ (Irish Pádraig).Scottish: habitational name from any of various places named in Gaelic as cill Padraig ‘church of (Saint) Patrick’.

Jeane Kirkpatrick experienced an epiphany shortly after Ronald Reagan appointed her America’s permanent representative at the UN in 1981 when Israel’s ambassador Yehuda Blum came to her office for his first official visit.

She had been appalled during the previous four years by what she regarded as the Carter administration’s contemptuous attitude toward the Jewish state, and particularly by the way that preceding UN ambassadors Andrew Young and Donald McHenry had, respectively, criticized the Jewish state as “stubborn and intransigent” (and met secretly with the PLO representative), and voted for Resolution 465 condemning Israel’s occupation of “Arab territories including Jerusalem.”

But she didn’t realize how deeply these attitudes had penetrated the US mission until she saw the way the career foreign service officers she inherited from the previous administration dismissively referred to Blum by his first name and rudely interrupted him on this first visit. She sternly pointed out to them that Blum was a Holocaust survivor who spoke nine languages, and angrily ordered them out of the room...

The personal relationship was political for Kirkpatrick. Seeing the hatred of Israel in her first days at the UN, she told her colleague Richard Schifter with a stricken look on her face, “I think the Holocaust is possible again. I didn’t think so before I came to the UN, but I think so now.”

She brought this feeling to president Reagan who agreed with her that the US had to stand against “the obsessive vilification of Israel.”

Kirkpatrick defended Israel by her unyielding critique of what it faced at the UN. Charging that diplomacy regarding the “Arab- Israeli conflict” at the world body “has nothing to do with peace, but is quite simply a continuation of war against Israel by other means,” she said that the UN, as a result, had become a place where “moral outrage was distributed like violence in a protection racket”; a place where Israel is regularly and routinely attacked for manufactured crimes amidst deafening silence “when 3 million Cambodians died in Pol Pot’s murderous utopia... when a quarter million Ugandans died at the hands of Idi Amin... and when thousand of Soviet citizens are denied equal rights, equal protection of the law; denied the right to think, write, publish, work freely or emigrate.”

She pointed out repeatedly that hatred of Israel deformed all aspects of UN operations: “A women’s conference is suddenly transformed into a forum for the denunciation of Israel” because of assertions that “the biggest obstacle to the realizations of women’s full enjoyment of equal rights in the world is Zionism....A meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency becomes so absorbed in negotiations and debate over a resolution to expel Israel that it almost forgets to worry about nuclear non proliferation.”

The writer is the author of the recently published Political Woman: The Big Little Life of Jeane Kirkpatrick (Encounter Books, 2012).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3IHwCg&usg=AFQjCNGTCg2CqvdKXLVPiYPOOq1uHmtffw

I remember years ago when thie following was posted on AOL, it was always removed for some reason.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0502/mideast_facts.html

I remember years ago when thie following was posted on AOL, it was always removed for some reason.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0502/mideast_facts.html

If I had a quarter for every time I posted that...

Well let us at least hope she is knowledgeable of Iranian history & how those she supports conquered Persia by force, stole their land & all but totally annihilated the indigenous Persian Zoroastrians off the face of the earth. So much to be proud of.

Why does it not surprise that you are ignorant of Jeane Kilpatrick and her place in AMERICAN history. :D

And then to really rub it in but good, the Iranian Muslims call themselves Persians & celebrate Zoroastrian holidays. A Parsi friend of mine told me what a humilation that is to the few remaining Zoroastrians still left.

Well let us at least hope she is knowledgeable of Iranian history & how those she supports conquered Persia by force, stole their land & all but totally annihilated the indigenous Persian Zoroastrians off the face of the earth. So much to be proud of.

Why does it not surprise that you are ignorant of Jeane Kilpatrick and her place in AMERICAN history. :D

This is a Middle East discussion board

Certainly noone in the ME cares about this long dead American woman.

We can understand why Iranians are not interested in a famous American woman. Perhaps they would be more interested in talking about the Ayatollah Khomeini. We are all aware that this is the Middle East discussion board so how come the Iranian gang doesn't talk about anything but bashing Israel on this forum. Surely they can't be that comatose not to realize that other things are happening in the Middle East. You guys have any relatives living in Bahrain right now?

This is a Middle East discussion board

Certainly noone in the ME cares about this long dead American woman.

We can understand why Iranians are not interested in a famous American woman. Perhaps they would be more interested in talking about the Ayatollah Khomeini. We are all aware that this is the Middle East discussion board so how come the Iranian gang doesn't talk about anything but bashing Israel on this forum. Surely they can't be that comatose not to realize that other things are happening in the Middle East. You guys have any relatives living in Bahrain right now?

I am not an Iranian, you repeating that lie over and over does not make it true.

AND a long dead American woman who supported regime change around the world was certainly no friend to the people of the Middle East and no hero to any people anywhere who support peace over war.

This long dead American woman is not making anything happen in the Middle East, I expect she is buried in a grave and her remains are rotting there.

What is happening to Jeane Kirkpatrick now?

How long does it take your body to decompose after you die?You know, after it's been embalmed, you've had the funeral and it's been put in the casket laid to rest in the dirt, how long does it take until it starts to decay? And what happens to your eyes and tongue and stuff like that?

How long does it take your body to decompose after you die? - Yahoo Answers

There is something seriously wrong with you. Perhaps it is the constant stench of rot around you.

How long does it take your body to decompose after you die?You know, after it's been embalmed, you've had the funeral and it's been put in the casket laid to rest in the dirt, how long does it take until it starts to decay? And what happens to your eyes and tongue and stuff like that?

There is something seriously wrong with you. Perhaps it is the constant stench of rot around you.

You are the one starting a thread on a dead American lady on a Middle Eastern discussion board.

SHE was a warmonger, and now she is dust, that says it all.

You are the one starting a thread on a dead American lady on a Middle Eastern discussion board.

SHE was a warmonger, and now she is dust, that says it all.

She was, unlike you, an accomplished and prominent American woman who served 4 years as our Ambassador to the UN but "was very deeply shocked by the simple anti-Semitism that pervaded the place" and found the anti-Semitism and anti-Israel sentiment she was exposed to at the world body to be "mysterious," and "very, very strange."
No wonder you so hate her. :eusa_boohoo:

Hey you Zionists, be kind to Sherry. But for the grace of God we too could have been a Muslim convert married to an Iranian.

Of course, there is something wrong with her, and it is a shame she has so many enables instead of telling her to get some help. There probably are many advances in the medications she should be taking to help her, but evidently no one is seeing that she gets it. It's really sad to see this happen to someone when help is out there.

Forum List

Back