RIP Dusty Hill

"I had the huge pleasure of playing gigs with ZZ Top with Loaded in 2011 or so, and getting to know Dusty from then til now. Such a humble and truly nice person. A few years later, we did some Kings Of Chaos gigs with Billy F Gibbons....learning those pristine and brilliant bass lines of his made me a better bass player. You were a bad motherfucker Dusty." - Duff McKagan of Guns N Roses

Trump supporters: dance the pain away! dance to ZZ Top!

did you know, folks?

the album "Deguello" is named after an old Mexican battle song that celebrates slitting the enemy's throat

Last edited:
the popular perception is that ZZ Top morphed from a smooth-chinned, roadhouse-ready little ol' blues outfit, and coming in the 80s with a thicket of facial hair, banks of spinning snyths and furry spinning guitars to hypnotize the MTV Generation...that's true!

cars, girls, fast and loud...that's what ZZ Top is all about!

This:
"Sometimes you don't even notice the sound of my bass. I hate that somehow, but I love that somehow too. That's a compliment. That means you've completed everything, and it's suitable for the song, and you're not standing out. where you don't need to be. My sound is big, heavy and a little distorted because it has to overlap the guitar. " Someone once asked me to describe my tone, and I told them it was like farting in a garbage can. What I meant to say is that it's raw, but you have to have the tone there "(Dusty Hill).

1628012824906.png

i remember the one time i saw ZZ Top live

Billy Gibbons played that very first note, and it was just...without being cheesy, it was darn-near religious.

Forum List

Back