Riots are happening. Why are Democrats saying they are a myth?

Because the rioters are all Biden voters who will also assist the Democrats in committing election fraud, like they do in every election. If they can loot and burn people's livelihoods and justify it, they can very easily commit election fraud.
Can you prove that "all" rioters are Biden voters? I doubt you can prove that they vote at all...

It is Democrats who are releasing looters without bail and without prosecution. Who else would they vote for?

Couple hundred people gather in a city park ... signs, chants, speeches ... is a "protest" ... and protected under the 1st Amendment ... even if you disagree ...

Three four people then go and spray paint "Yankee go home" on the local Federal courthouse wall is a crime ... which is NOT protected under any Amendment ...

50 people go on a violent rampage ... burning, breaking, stone throwing ... that's a riot and again, no Constitutional protection ... only the Speech is protected, not the behaviors ...

My question is why do you take these actions of these 50 and indict, try and convict the other 1,999,950 residents of Portland? ... that's called "guilt by association" ... do we also convict those who display the Confederate Battle Flag for the crimes of Dylann Roof? ... even if you agree with him? ...
If my kids are at a park and notice other kids defacing property, I tell my kids to leave. Don't stand and watch and associate with criminals. If people see criminals they should leave and not drive U-Hauls into Chicago to loot it. Don't be obtuse and your conflation is false. They can display anything they want to once you loot, burn and pillage you're a criminal.

So your kids aren't allowed to go to the local park if there's any crime anywhere in your community ... I feel sorry for your kids ... so, you agree with Dylann Roof? ...

That's not what was said and you know it. Grow up!

I think right wing media and politicians are blowing violence and vandalism out of proportion for political advantage.

People far away from anything actually happening watch the relentless reports portraying and hyping these events and scaring people in order to manipulate them.

I think right wing media and politicians are blowing violence and vandalism out of proportion for political advantage.

People far away from anything actually happening watch the relentless reports portraying and hyping these events and scaring people in order to manipulate them.

You consider 1500 businesses burned and destroyed to be "blowing violence out of proportion?"

do we also convict those who display the Confederate Battle Flag for the crimes of Dylann Roof? .

Flying a flag, even burning a flag, if it's your flag, is a non-violent act and protected speech according to the Supreme Court.

Flying a flag, even burning a flag, if it's your flag, is a non-violent act and protected speech according to the Supreme Court.

Chanting in a park, even carrying signs, if it's your park, is a non-violent act and protected speech according to the Supreme Court ... don't criticize the protesters for the acts of a few criminals ... I certainly don't consider Confederate Flag wavers as criminals just waving the flag ...

Burning flags is currently illegal in Oregon ... burning anything is illegal in Oregon right now ... dry as a tinder box, no rain in months ... all our flag burning has to happen during rainy season ... and no polyester, that produces toxic smoke ... gotta be cotton with Organic Certified™ dyes from California ... we're Planeteers out here ya know ...

Last edited:
Chanting in a park, even carrying signs, if it's your park, is a non-violent act and protected speech according to the Supreme Court ...

No one has a problem with people chanting.

Burning down police stations and Targets is a different matter.

Couple hundred people gather in a city park ... signs, chants, speeches ... is a "protest" ... and protected under the 1st Amendment ... even if you disagree ...

Three four people then go and spray paint "Yankee go home" on the local Federal courthouse wall is a crime ... which is NOT protected under any Amendment ...

50 people go on a violent rampage ... burning, breaking, stone throwing ... that's a riot and again, no Constitutional protection ... only the Speech is protected, not the behaviors ...

My question is why do you take these actions of these 50 and indict, try and convict the other 1,999,950 residents of Portland? ... that's called "guilt by association" ... do we also convict those who display the Confederate Battle Flag for the crimes of Dylann Roof? ... even if you agree with him? ...
Because they elected and allowed their officials to allow these criminals the right to destroy and attack their city. I saw 3 older women stand up and try to fight off the mob-----just 3 who were then attacked by the mob while their city and fellow people did nothing to protect them. Want to prove you are good people portland? Shoot the criminals who are attacking others.

If we cannot agree that riots are bad then how can we possibly have normalized dialogue. What is happening in NYC, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, etc. The mayors like Lightfoot and DeBlasio deny this is happening. If we cannot vilify rioting and destruction of small businesses then how can we continue as a society?

One more time.

People asked nicely for years for police reform. Colin Took a knee, people demonstrated peacefully, no one listened.

Do they have your attention now? Yes, yes they do.

Many on this board cannot even admit that #1) the riots are wrong; #2) Antifa is responsible #3) Protests are not peaceful (no such thing as mostly peaceful).

1) Riots are the inevitable result of not listening to people.
2) There is no "Antifa"
3) Most of the protests have been peaceful, and it's the overreaction of law enforcement that is causing a lot of the problems.

When did we lose all sense of logic and turn a blind eye to obvious crimes happening right in front of us? Riots, looting, burning, attacks on our federal buildings are all WRONG and should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law. How long before normal, hardworking, everyday Americans say enough is enough?!?!

Good question. We've had 10 years of the police abusing black people, people asked nicely to reform, reform didn't happen, and finally, normal, everyday Americans said "enough is enough". Never should have come to this. But it has.

I am not trying to even stir things up. I am being 100% serious. If we cannot agree that riots are bad then how can we possibly proceed??!?!

If we can't say police brutality and misconduct are bad, then how can we possibly proceed? I am being 100% serious. What I've seen in case after case of police misconduct is excuses for the officers. Well, Michael Brown pushed a guy. Alton Sterling was selling illegal CD's... LaQuan McDonald was breaking into a truck. Botham Jean was.. sitting in his own home eating ice cream and watching TV, but let that be a lesson to you!!!

No such thing as "mostly" peaceful. If I rob a bank at 11AM and leave by 11:05AM...I was mostly peaceful for 23 hours and 55 minutes but for 5 minutes I was an armed robber so should I just not have to pay for my crime? Protests should be 100% peaceful or not be deemed as peaceful and what specifically are we protesting? We all agree that what Chauvin did was wrong.

Do we? I've seen whole threads on here defending his actions. I've seen a bunch of threads here by people saying Floyd had it coming because he was high.

By your logic, everyone on the street with you at 11:05 is guilty because they were on the street when you robbed the bank.

t hey are getting attention.

Probably not the attention they desired ...

pzrah.jpg

No one has a problem with people chanting.
Burning down police stations and Targets is a different matter.

No one has a problem with waving the Confederate Flag ...
Murdering innocent African-Americans is a different matter ...

We can go back and forth like this until the cows come home ... the difference is I've already admitted Confederate Flags are fine to wave ... when are you going to admit BLM protests are fine ... because if it's said "all of BLM is criminal" ... then we need to say "all Confederate Flag wavers are murderers" ...

when are you going to admit BLM protests are fine

I don't have a problem with protests, BLM or otherwise. Some of them are quite amusing.

But, there's an old saying that goes, "Your right to swing your arms ends at my nose".

Burning down a police station goes way beyond my nose.

I don't have a problem with protests, BLM or otherwise. Some of them are quite amusing.
But, there's an old saying that goes, "Your right to swing your arms ends at my nose".

But gunning down black people in cold blood is fine with you? ...

Are you talking about the precinct building in Minneapolis? ... or is there another police station? ... because US History is full of African-American churches being burned down ... African-Americans being lynched ... African-American businesses boycotted by the majority White population ...

Jim Crow is alive and well ... but it's not your nose so why should you care ... it's not your police station, why are you upset? ...

I believe police chiefs like the ones in Detroit, Seattle and Chicago. Who call them riots. Sorry.

Well I just did a quick search on the Detroit police chief. He seems to agree with me.

"DETROIT – Police chief James Craig is launching an investigation after a Detroit police scout car pushed through a crowd of protesters as the rear window was busted out.

Craig said the protest on Sunday night was mainly peaceful, but also said there was a group of agitators intent on causing destruction. Now, protesters are set to gather and demanding action."

What do you think "mainly peaceful" means?

Code word for dumb negros

But gunning down black people in cold blood is fine with you? ...

Are you talking about the precinct building in Minneapolis? ... or is there another police station? ... because US History is full of African-American churches being burned down ... African-Americans being lynched ... African-American businesses boycotted by the majority White population ...

Jim Crow is alive and well ... but it's not your nose so why should you care ... it's not your police station, why are you upset? ...

Think of it as abortions by police, hey it's no biggie

Think of it as abortions by police, hey it's no biggie

There's that Confederate Battle Flag ... saying the police should be doing Dylann Roof's job instead ... because that Flag means lynch them uppity negros ... right? ...

Thank you so much for posting this morning ... if anything could make my point clearer, she'd have to be naked ...

Forum List

Back