Riots are happening. Why are Democrats saying they are a myth?

Many on this board cannot even admit that #1) the riots are wrong; #2) Antifa is responsible #3) Protests are not peaceful (no such thing as mostly peaceful).

1) Riots are wrong.

2) Antifa is responsible.

3) I disagree. Many protests are peaceful.

No such thing as "mostly" peaceful. If I rob a bank at 11AM and leave by 11:05AM...I was mostly peaceful for 23 hours and 55 minutes but for 5 minutes I was an armed robber so should I just not have to pay for my crime? Protests should be 100% peaceful or not be deemed as peaceful and what specifically are we protesting? We all agree that what Chauvin did was wrong.

I agree that an individual should either be classified as peaceful or not peaceful.

What often happens is most protestors are just exercising their right to peacefully protest and a handfull of idiots do something stupid. If a protest includes 1,000 people and 1 of them smashes some windows, then I would say it's mostly peaceful.

If we cannot agree that riots are bad then how can we possibly have normalized dialogue. What is happening in NYC, Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, etc. The mayors like Lightfoot and DeBlasio deny this is happening. If we cannot vilify rioting and destruction of small businesses then how can we continue as a society?

Many on this board cannot even admit that #1) the riots are wrong; #2) Antifa is responsible #3) Protests are not peaceful (no such thing as mostly peaceful).

When did we lose all sense of logic and turn a blind eye to obvious crimes happening right in front of us? Riots, looting, burning, attacks on our federal buildings are all WRONG and should be punishable to the fullest extent of the law. How long before normal, hardworking, everyday Americans say enough is enough?!?!

I am not trying to even stir things up. I am being 100% serious. If we cannot agree that riots are bad then how can we possibly proceed??!?!
Keep in mind that the people looting and burning our cities are Democrats, and that they are just acting out the same hate for our American system of government that Democratic politicians are exclaiming in Congress and in the cities and state governments run by Democrats.

Because the Communist Democrats are hardcore supporters of Communist Domestic Terrorists Antifa and BLM and want to see the riots evolve into a Civil War. The Communist Democrats think they will get the things they want from a bloody Civil War that they will never get legislatively in Washington DC.

Because the rioters are all Biden voters who will also assist the Democrats in committing election fraud, like they do in every election. If they can loot and burn people's livelihoods and justify it, they can very easily commit election fraud.
Can you prove that "all" rioters are Biden voters? I doubt you can prove that they vote at all...

Your posts are useless.

1) Riots are wrong.

No such thing as "mostly" peaceful. If I rob a bank at 11AM and leave by 11:05AM...I was mostly peaceful for 23 hours and 55 minutes but for 5 minutes I was an armed robber so should I just not have to pay for my crime? Protests should be 100% peaceful or not be deemed as peaceful and what specifically are we protesting? We all agree that what Chauvin did was wrong.

I agree that an individual should either be classified as peaceful or not peaceful.

What often happens is most protestors are just exercising their right to peacefully protest and a handfull of idiots do something stupid. If a protest includes 1,000 people and 1 of them smashes some windows, then I would say it's mostly peaceful.
yet the facts of the matter is that it ISN'T this imaginary one out of a thousand you pulled out of your ass.

In Portland, for instance, it is scores of domestic terrorists acting violently, and they, in turn, are being egged on and supported by huge crowds.

1) Riots are wrong.

What if 100 smash windows? It’s either peaceful or isn’t and if it’s 1 then the other 999 should detain him for authorities

Couple hundred people gather in a city park ... signs, chants, speeches ... is a "protest" ... and protected under the 1st Amendment ... even if you disagree ...

Three four people then go and spray paint "Yankee go home" on the local Federal courthouse wall is a crime ... which is NOT protected under any Amendment ...

50 people go on a violent rampage ... burning, breaking, stone throwing ... that's a riot and again, no Constitutional protection ... only the Speech is protected, not the behaviors ...

My question is why do you take these actions of these 50 and indict, try and convict the other 1,999,950 residents of Portland? ... that's called "guilt by association" ... do we also convict those who display the Confederate Battle Flag for the crimes of Dylann Roof? ... even if you agree with him? ...
If my kids are at a park and notice other kids defacing property, I tell my kids to leave. Don't stand and watch and associate with criminals. If people see criminals they should leave and not drive U-Hauls into Chicago to loot it. Don't be obtuse and your conflation is false. They can display anything they want to once you loot, burn and pillage you're a criminal.

So your kids aren't allowed to go to the local park if there's any crime anywhere in your community ... I feel sorry for your kids ... so, you agree with Dylann Roof? ...

1) Riots are wrong.

What if 100 smash windows? It’s either peaceful or isn’t and if it’s 1 then the other 999 should detain him for authorities

Most people can be protesting peacefully while a few idiots do something stupid. That's how I would classify a protest that's "mostly peaceful."

Of course all of this is just semantics. There's no set definition for what "mostly peaceful" means. You just don't want to see this as anything other than black and white, and I don't want to condemn the many protestors who are acting peacefully. It is what it is.

Couple hundred people gather in a city park ... signs, chants, speeches ... is a "protest" ... and protected under the 1st Amendment ... even if you disagree ...

Three four people then go and spray paint "Yankee go home" on the local Federal courthouse wall is a crime ... which is NOT protected under any Amendment ...

50 people go on a violent rampage ... burning, breaking, stone throwing ... that's a riot and again, no Constitutional protection ... only the Speech is protected, not the behaviors ...

My question is why do you take these actions of these 50 and indict, try and convict the other 1,999,950 residents of Portland? ... that's called "guilt by association" ... do we also convict those who display the Confederate Battle Flag for the crimes of Dylann Roof? ... even if you agree with him? ...
If my kids are at a park and notice other kids defacing property, I tell my kids to leave. Don't stand and watch and associate with criminals. If people see criminals they should leave and not drive U-Hauls into Chicago to loot it. Don't be obtuse and your conflation is false. They can display anything they want to once you loot, burn and pillage you're a criminal.

So your kids aren't allowed to go to the local park if there's any crime anywhere in your community ... I feel sorry for your kids ... so, you agree with Dylann Roof? ...
Straw man. Not what I said. Don’t talk about my kids. Police Chiefs agree with me. You are a dumb leftist.

1) Riots are wrong.

Most people can be protesting peacefully while a few idiots do something stupid. That's how I would classify a protest that's "mostly peaceful."

Of course all of this is just semantics. There's no set definition for what "mostly peaceful" means. You just don't want to see this as anything other than black and white, and I don't want to condemn the many protestors who are acting peacefully. It is what it is.
I believe police chiefs like the ones in Detroit, Seattle and Chicago. Who call them riots. Sorry.

I believe police chiefs like the ones in Detroit, Seattle and Chicago. Who call them riots. Sorry.

Well I just did a quick search on the Detroit police chief. He seems to agree with me.

"DETROIT – Police chief James Craig is launching an investigation after a Detroit police scout car pushed through a crowd of protesters as the rear window was busted out.

Craig said the protest on Sunday night was mainly peaceful, but also said there was a group of agitators intent on causing destruction. Now, protesters are set to gather and demanding action."

What do you think "mainly peaceful" means?

Well I just did a quick search on the Detroit police chief. He seems to agree with me.

"DETROIT – Police chief James Craig is launching an investigation after a Detroit police scout car pushed through a crowd of protesters as the rear window was busted out.

Craig said the protest on Sunday night was mainly peaceful, but also said there was a group of agitators intent on causing destruction. Now, protesters are set to gather and demanding action."

Ancient history. I ask again what are they protesting exactly? Please explain.

Deflection noted. Detroit police chief agrees with me. Protests can be mostly peaceful.

Attacking people is not peaceful. I wouldn't call any of those actions peaceful.

Deflection noted. Detroit police chief agrees with me. Protests can be mostly peaceful.
I am asking you how when they suddenly turn violent? And again what are they protesting, peacefully?

Forum List

Back