Rick Santorum Is Insane

Dr Grump said:
Some religious practices are disgusting. I don't believe you or RWA have given us a disgusting example of the Jewish religion. As an aside, I really don't think Santorum playing with a dead foetus/child is anything to do with religion. It's just sick. Lastly, having read all of the article, it once again shows a religious nutjob trying to put his own beliefs into legislation...

Don't worry Christophobe. Your delusional fear of Chirstians running your life is as wacky as Cindy Sheehans' fast.

Dr Grump said:
Some religious practices are disgusting. I don't believe you or RWA have given us a disgusting example of the Jewish religion. As an aside, I really don't think Santorum playing with a dead foetus/child is anything to do with religion. It's just sick. Lastly, having read all of the article, it once again shows a religious nutjob trying to put his own beliefs into legislation...
Why is what Santorum did, sick? I'm not saying I would find it comforting, but I can appeciate that someone else might. Why is it sick? Deranged? Insane?

Kathianne said:
Why is what Santorum did, sick? I'm not saying I would find it comforting, but I can appeciate that someone else might. Why is it sick? Deranged? Insane?

I agree Kat...worst I would call it is unusual.

Kathianne said:
Again, I think like me you find it appalling. But I guarantee you that my grandparents and lots of others would have assumed that burying someone 'as soon as possible', followed by a memorial or shiva at home, would have meant the dead person was held in very poor esteem. It would have been an insult.

I think we all do the best we can, given our upbringing and belief systems.

Well, they're buried "as soon as possible" because Jews don't embalm. Can get nasty if the burial doesn't occur pretty quickly. Plus, the concept is that one should start to mourn, be with their loved ones and friends for a week, and then start to get back to real life.

I understand what you're saying, but there was no religious mandate that required him to force his children to play with a dead baby.

dilloduck said:
Don't worry Christophobe. Your delusional fear of Chirstians running your life is as wacky as Cindy Sheehans' fast.

Grump isn't a "Christophobe"... it's extremists ramming things down the throats of others that shouldn't be tolerated. Trying to make it seem as if there is something wrong with NOT allowing extremists free reign is just disingenuous.

jillian said:
Well, they're buried "as soon as possible" because Jews don't embalm. Can get nasty if the burial doesn't occur pretty quickly. Plus, the concept is that one should start to mourn, be with their loved ones and friends for a week, and then start to get back to real life.

I understand what you're saying, but there was no religious mandate that required him to force his children to play with a dead baby.

Right----that's why he did it--so his kids could play with a dead baby.

Again--If you want respect, be polite enough to give it.

jillian said:
Grump isn't a "Christophobe"... it's extremists ramming things down the throats of others that shouldn't be tolerated. Trying to make it seem as if there is something wrong with NOT allowing extremists free reign is just disingenuous.

I think you are an extremist by insinuating that Christians are trying to cram anything down anyones' throats.

Upon their son's death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen's parents' home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

I'm sorry, but that's kind of gross. No, that IS gross.

Said1 said:
Hmmm. Good question. I guess that has nothing to do with his ability to do his job. It's still a pretty big turn off, though.

Ya--I'm convinced--I ain't voting for him now. Too gross. :teeth:

Back in the day's, BEFORE they had all these fancy funeral homes, they laid the body for viewing, in their home's....

They made up the body, and dressed them all by themselves...

Even in a hospital, a lot of people will hold their dead child, before they take them away....

Good grief...

I'm sure they weren't PLAYING with the dead infant....

I for some reason, don't find this gross or anything else..
If a person can handle doing that, than fine...
That doesn't make a person, UNSTABLE or INSANE.

Ssssshhheeeeesh

Stephanie said:
Back in the day's, BEFORE they had all these fancy funeral homes, they laid the body for viewing, in their home's....

They made up the body, and dressed them all by themselves...

Even in a hospital, a lot of people will hold their dead child, before they take them away....

Good grief...

I'm sure they weren't PLAYING with the dead infant....

I for some reason, don't find this gross or anything else..
If a person can handle doing that, than fine...
That doesn't make a person, UNSTABLE or INSANE.

Ssssshhheeeeesh
Jillian was jsut in one of her bash moods--sorta grabbed this one outta the blue

jillian said:

How do you equate expressing a farewell and singing songs "playing" with a dead baby? The man let his children say goodbye to their sibling to help them understand what was going on. If you think that means they were "playing" with the dead body then its you who has the problem. Because you are reading something into it that simply isnt there. And why? Because you want this man to lose an election. You are trying to use a dead mans child to soil his good name for political purposes. Now that to me is sick.

Forum List

Back