Rich Californians balk at limits: ‘We’re not all equal when it comes to water’

I don't care how much money one has... that IN NO WAY SHAPE or FORM entitles them to more water than someone else. In the case of water, everyone is equal and the crybaby whiner affluent wealthy need to suffer just like the rest and I for one hope they do. All the money in the world ain't going to solve this massive problem. Snobbish arrogant jerks.

This is disgusting.
RANCHO SANTA FE, CALIF. — Drought or no drought, Steve Yuhas resents the idea that it is somehow shameful to be a water hog. If you can pay for it, he argues, you should get your water.

People “should not be forced to live on property with brown lawns, golf on brown courses or apologize for wanting their gardens to be beautiful,” Yuhas fumed recently on social media. “We pay significant property taxes based on where we live,” he added in an interview. “And, no, we’re not all equal when it comes to water.”

Yuhas lives in the ultra-wealthy enclave of Rancho Santa Fe, a bucolic Southern California hamlet of ranches, gated communities and country clubs that guzzles five times more water per capita than the statewide average. In April, after Gov. Jerry Brown (D) called for a 25 percent reduction in water use, consumption in Rancho Santa Fe went up by 9 percent.

But a moment of truth is at hand for Yuhas and his neighbors, and all of California will be watching: On July 1, for the first time in its 92-year history, Rancho Santa Fe will be subject to water rationing.

“It’s no longer a ‘You can only water on these days’ ” situation, said Jessica Parks, spokeswoman for the Santa Fe Irrigation District, which provides water service to Rancho Santa Fe and other parts of San Diego County. “It’s now more of a ‘This is the amount of water you get within this billing period. And if you go over that, there will be high penalties.’ ”
Continued Here: Rich Californians balk at limits We re not all equal when it comes to water - The Washington Post
TLDR: I'm wealthy, fuck you, I'll waste water all I want.
Even though agriculture is the big culprit, it's a disturbing look into the mindset of the wealthy in reference to California.
Stevie fails to recognize the fact that when there is nothing to "buy", no amount of money can buy it.

If your taxes are high too bad, suck it up or move. If your lawn goes brown tough luck... Nobody feels for this guy after he says something that arrogant or stupid. Like he thinks he should be able to use more water than others? He has nothing to stand on here... nothing.

This is disgusting.
RANCHO SANTA FE, CALIF. — Drought or no drought, Steve Yuhas resents the idea that it is somehow shameful to be a water hog. If you can pay for it, he argues, you should get your water.

People “should not be forced to live on property with brown lawns, golf on brown courses or apologize for wanting their gardens to be beautiful,” Yuhas fumed recently on social media. “We pay significant property taxes based on where we live,” he added in an interview. “And, no, we’re not all equal when it comes to water.”

Yuhas lives in the ultra-wealthy enclave of Rancho Santa Fe, a bucolic Southern California hamlet of ranches, gated communities and country clubs that guzzles five times more water per capita than the statewide average. In April, after Gov. Jerry Brown (D) called for a 25 percent reduction in water use, consumption in Rancho Santa Fe went up by 9 percent.

But a moment of truth is at hand for Yuhas and his neighbors, and all of California will be watching: On July 1, for the first time in its 92-year history, Rancho Santa Fe will be subject to water rationing.

“It’s no longer a ‘You can only water on these days’ ” situation, said Jessica Parks, spokeswoman for the Santa Fe Irrigation District, which provides water service to Rancho Santa Fe and other parts of San Diego County. “It’s now more of a ‘This is the amount of water you get within this billing period. And if you go over that, there will be high penalties.’ ”
Continued Here: Rich Californians balk at limits We re not all equal when it comes to water - The Washington Post
TLDR: I'm wealthy, fuck you, I'll waste water all I want.
Even though agriculture is the big culprit, it's a disturbing look into the mindset of the wealthy in reference to California.

Yes read about governor brown's massive real estate he's been accumulating and developing. Developing uses tons of water. It's sad really. He's such a hypocrite.

"But in recent years Brown has quietly built a small fortune in real estate and stock holdings, in part by going into business with prominent Oakland developers whom he once regulated as that city's mayor, a Bay Area News Group analysis of Brown's personal investments shows."

"And earlier this year Brown and partners broke ground on a 100-unit apartment building on prime real estate they bought in 2007 on the Oakland-Emeryville border."

Jerry Brown s investments belie monastic image - San Jose Mercury News

Forum List

Back