Revolver for home defense and car ???

I am only looking for a heavy metal revolver to fire only 38 Slugs
I want it heavy to lower recoil
I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

Will a .38 penatrate a neighbors dry wall??

what about smaller one for car ??

thx

Charter Arms Bulldog 357 (also 38sp). I have the target model with longer barrel for maximizing the mediocre 38sp capabilities. So light. So simple. A good beater gun. Not a huge loss if broken or stolen....or confiscated as evidence if you have to use it.

I wouldnt worry too much about 38sp overpenetration in a house. Its at the low end of worry for that. So-o-o-o much variety in ammo too...which can help you get around that even more.
The charter arms .44 special is also a good inexpensive revolver.
The .44 special has about the same recoil as a .38 but a lot more power.
If recoil and over penetration is a problem then try a .22 magnum revolver.
The .22 magnum at close range is good enough.
I can handle the .38
Is the 357 a huge upgrade in recoil
Is .38 much more deadly than .22 magnum
First I will try the .38 next month

EAA Windicator in 357...all steel...no zinc alloy...built like a tank. 38s feel like 25acp.

Solid revolver, German made, for a budget price.

Ok 686 with 4 inch barrel looking good !!

Go and shoot one. See if it fits your hand well. See if the sights align naturally for you. Do not buy anything you haven’t shot.
Yes but do gun stores have shooting ranges in the back ??

Lots of them do. And many gun ranges have rentals you can try out.
Is there a waiting list ??
I can just go in and walk out with gun ??
Sorry for ignorance ??
Can I just go practice in the desert or will I get arrreted

Not in Texas but of course you'd need to check your local laws.
If it were me I'd be shooting in the desert. Personally I hate ranges.
Shooting paper gets old real fast,you can keep it more interesting out in the desert by bringing a few watermelons or cantaloup.
Two litters of Sam's Choice Cola.

Watermelons are delicious...Sam's cola, not so much.

I am only looking for a heavy metal revolver to fire only 38 Slugs
I want it heavy to lower recoil
I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

Will a .38 penatrate a neighbors dry wall??

what about smaller one for car ??

thx

BB gun will penetrate a wall. Learn to shoot and shoot the target not the wall, problem solved.

Go to a local range, rent gun, rent range time, instruction in your case for sure, buy ammo and see what you like.

I have many, retired dealer/manufacturer. I personally love 38sp. Carry 45acp but 38 sometimes.

Is it true ??
That revolvers are far less likely to jam than pistols and require far less maintenance??
Revolvers are simpler to maintain. But any firearm requires routine cleaning and lubrication.
If you buy one for home protection, please, please take some classes and put in some range time, at least a couple of times a year. Stress makes everything harder so you have to be comfortable with the operation of your pistol as well as being proficient at hitting what you aim at. One final and very important thing. DO NOT buy a firearm unless you are fully prepared to kill another human being. If you haven’t prepared yourself to commit this horrific action, you won’t fire when you should and will fire when you shouldn’t.

This 686 plus has 7 shots !!
And a 5 inch barrel

or should I get the 4 inch barrel with 6 shots

if I get an intruder and I shoot him in the head ??
Will the police just drag the body out or will they “ rummage through my entire apartment “
I am very ocd about people going through my stuff

thx
I hope they just scrap him out and that’s that ??
I don’t mind cleaning up the “ brain goo”

if I get an intruder and I shoot him in the head ??
Will the police just drag the body out or will they “ rummage through my entire apartment “
I am very ocd about people going through my stuff

thx
I hope they just scrap him out and that’s that ??
I don’t mind cleaning up the “ brain goo”

Shoot him in the head first shot and they’ll be dragging you out in cuffs before they even document the body. Shoot anyone, anywhere and the police are going to go through every bit of your life and turn it upside-down; not just your apartment.

Last edited:
I would hate to live where you guys live. I do not need weapons.
I live in a very nice gated suburban community.
But you saw how the couple in St. Louis were minding their own business when the Antifa loons destroyed their gate, entered the yard, and threatened to rape the wife and burn the house down.
It was only the couple showing the mob they were armed that saved their lives.
Like I said before, better to have a weapon and never need it. Then to need a weapon and lose your life because of not having one. ... :cool:

I would hate to live where you guys live. I do not need weapons.
I live in a very nice gated suburban community.
But you saw how the couple in St. Louis were minding their own business when the Antifa loons destroyed their gate, entered the yard, and threatened to rape the wife and burn the house down.
It was only the couple showing the mob they were armed that saved their lives.
Like I said before, better to have a weapon and never need it. Then to need a weapon and lose your life because of not having one. ... :cool:
Or live somewhere that you do not need a gun as I do.

Forum List

Back