Revolver for home defense and car ???

Finally
I did notice when I shot the revolver and I used double action . I cocked the hammer ..it was far easier and more accurate to shot

when I did not ..it was much more work

Is it true ??
That revolvers are far less likely to jam than pistols and require far less maintenance??

My biggest problem with a revolver is the the amount of pressure required to pull the trigger through the double action which can throw your aim off. With a semi auto you can carry in condition two which is one in the chamber and the safety on. No hard pull on the trigger,just flip the safety off and it's ready to go.
And the low round count. You'll have six rounds to get the job done,I have 15 rounds of .45 and as we saw with the Kenosha shooting 7 shots werent enough to kill the guy at point blank range.
As far as reliability goes?
I've put thousands of rounds through my FNX Tactical .45 with zero jams.
Oh...and a semi auto is easier to carry because they're much thinner than a revolver.

The thinness of a semi auto is one of the reasons I like my 1911 .45ACP. I replaced the trigger on my Springfield MilSpec to a Wilson Combat trigger. Very crisp and easy to shoot. It was one of the first modifications I had done.

Is it true ??
That revolvers are far less likely to jam than pistols and require far less maintenance??

My biggest problem with a revolver is the the amount of pressure required to pull the trigger through the double action which can throw your aim off. With a semi auto you can carry in condition two which is one in the chamber and the safety on. No hard pull on the trigger,just flip the safety off and it's ready to go.
And the low round count. You'll have six rounds to get the job done,I have 15 rounds of .45 and as we saw with the Kenosha shooting 7 shots werent enough to kill the guy at point blank range.
Oh...and a semi auto is easier to carry because they're much thinner than a revolver.
I shot a 40 and was terrified!!
I then shot a heavy revolver and felt normal

Are you a woman?
No !!
I am not very educated on them

I am supposed to keep my thumb below and not touching the chamber on the revolver or it will burn my skin
I need to take a few lessons

Ok 686 with 4 inch barrel looking good !!

Go and shoot one. See if it fits your hand well. See if the sights align naturally for you. Do not buy anything you haven’t shot.
Yes but do gun stores have shooting ranges in the back ??

Lots of them do. And many gun ranges have rentals you can try out.
Is there a waiting list ??
I can just go in and walk out with gun ??
Sorry for ignorance ??
Can I just go practice in the desert or will I get arrreted

Not in Texas but of course you'd need to check your local laws.
If it were me I'd be shooting in the desert. Personally I hate ranges.
Shooting paper gets old real fast,you can keep it more interesting out in the desert by bringing a few watermelons or cantaloup.

I am only looking for a heavy metal revolver to fire only 38 Slugs
I want it heavy to lower recoil
I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

Will a .38 penatrate a neighbors dry wall??

what about smaller one for car ??

thx

Got em all. Car and house, many around house. But am moving to Glocks with laser sights...thanks to filthy dems. No more 1A in America. Dems will kill you if you don't suck up to them.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Is it true ??

Are you a woman?
No !!
I am not very educated on them

I was asking because a .40 doesn't kick that bad at all.
A lot of recoil is due to the design of the gun with a semi auto. My .45 doesn't kick much more than a 9mm.

Is there a waiting list ??
I can just go in and walk out with gun ??
Sorry for ignorance ??
Can I just go practice in the desert or will I get arrreted

You need to do a lot of research before even considering buying a gun. In most Ststes a license is required to buy a gun. Restrictions vary state to state.

More importantly, before you ever consider buying a gun for self-defense, you need to seriously consider IF you could take a life and still live with yourself - I spent almost three months considering that issue before I bought my first gun... and I generally have no respect for human life. I knew it was a major decision that cannot be made lightly.

Is it true ??

If you're dead set on getting a revolver,which I'd rethink,go with a .357,you can shoot .38's out of it and move up to the .357 rounds when you get more comfortable.
Here's the thing about recoil.
I hate sighting in my deer rifles and try and get it set with as few shots as possible because the recoil is so heavy.
But when your shooting a deer or whatever you dont even feel it because you're all amped up.
It'll be the same if you're shooting for your life,you wont even notice it.

Practice with .38's and put .357 personal defense rounds in when you're done practicing.
Of course practice with some .357 rounds to get a feel for em.

I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

thx

Charter Arms Bulldog 357 (also 38sp). I have the target model with longer barrel for maximizing the mediocre 38sp capabilities. So light. So simple. A good beater gun. Not a huge loss if broken or stolen....or confiscated as evidence if you have to use it.

I wouldnt worry too much about 38sp overpenetration in a house. Its at the low end of worry for that. So-o-o-o much variety in ammo too...which can help you get around that even more.

I have zero problem shooting anyone in the head for self defense
Would not even lose a seconds sleep
Of course I would hold them at gun point and call police ..if I can

thx

Charter Arms Bulldog 357 (also 38sp). I have the target model with longer barrel for maximizing the mediocre 38sp capabilities. So light. So simple. A good beater gun. Not a huge loss if broken or stolen....or confiscated as evidence if you have to use it.

I wouldnt worry too much about 38sp overpenetration in a house. Its at the low end of worry for that. So-o-o-o much variety in ammo too...which can help you get around that even more.
The charter arms .44 special is also a good inexpensive revolver.
The .44 special has about the same recoil as a .38 but a lot more power.
If recoil and over penetration is a problem then try a .22 magnum revolver.
The .22 magnum at close range is good enough.

thx

I was going to suggest the 44 to him too, but he DID specify 38. The new Charter Arms Pitbull in 45ACP is really cool too. 44 isnt easy to come by but 45 is. And the Pitbull has a unique system to retain those made-for-semiauto rimless cartridges without moon clips. If I found one for a little less than the average price I'd snatch it right up.

IMG_6094.jpg

thx

I can handle the .38
Is the 357 a huge upgrade in recoil
Is .38 much more deadly than .22 magnum

thx

I can handle the .38
Is the 357 a huge upgrade in recoil
Is .38 much more deadly than .22 magnum

You can handle the recoil of a .357.
My Wife can shoot one.

thx

You'll shoot your eye out.

Forum List

Back