Revolver for home defense and car ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I am only looking for a heavy metal revolver to fire only 38 Slugs
I want it heavy to lower recoil
I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

Will a .38 penatrate a neighbors dry wall??

what about smaller one for car ??

thx

I want one that is super low maintenance and so easy to clean that even I can do it !! Lol

thx
do you plan on going to your neighbors house and shooting up his walls????

If you go with a .38, definitely get one that is +P.

If you are concerned about missing and penetrating drywall, consider using Glaser Safety Slugs.

My wife has a Ruger SP101 in .357. It's quite heavy and can shoot .38s and .38 +P as well as .357. I've owned one in the past and liked it very much.

Older double action stainless 357. Secirity six ruger or S&W 686. The 2 least likely to have problems when I was gunsmithing.
The Colt Troopers MK3 had issues. Python$$$ were great but I don't think they ever came in stainless. Nickel plate perhaps ? The younger guys swear by the Taurus revolvers for the money. Don't be such a pussy. 357 mag doesn't have television recoil. You can get silvertip hollow points in 38 special for your 12 year old to play with

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and I don’t have the storage capacity for a long gun
My apartment is very full
Plus a shotgun is going to penetrate walls and destroy everything I own
I

Sp101 vs 686 ??
Which one has less recoil
Which one has less maintenance
Thx
Can I fire a 1,000 rounds and not clean it ??

thx

Yes, a .38 will penetrate drywall quite easily. If that is a concern use Glaser safety slugs.

thx

Yes, a .38 will penetrate drywall quite easily. If that is a concern use Glaser safety slugs.
What about the 38 P ???

Sp101 vs 686 ??
Which one has less recoil
Which one has less maintenance
Thx
Can I fire a 1,000 rounds and not clean it ??

The 686 will have less felt recoil if you use a 4 inch barrel. Yes, either one can go more than 1000 rounds without cleaning so long as you use high quality ammunition.

thx

What about the 38 P ???

What about it? Plus P ammo is still solid. It will punch a hole through drywall like it isn't there.

My standard carry gun unless I’m going into The Ghettos is either a S&W Airlite 340 revolver with a 2” bbl or a Ruger Security Six (now SP101) revolver with a 4” bbl. Both will accept .38 or .357 ammunition. I love them both, but they’re for different situations.

I would really suggest you find a dealer with a range where you can try different things out and see what works for you.

Just remember, you are buying something thst is intended to protect you. You need to be comfortable AND proficient with it. If you’re not comfortable carrying it, it won’t be there when you need it. If you’re not proficient with it, it won’t matter if you have it.

Is it true ??
That revolvers are far less likely to jam than pistols and require far less maintenance??

I’d go with a sling shot because it’s light weight and easier to control bullet velocity

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Older double action stainless 357. Secirity six ruger or S&W 686. The 2 least likely to have problems when I was gunsmithing.
The Colt Troopers MK3 had issues. Python$$$ were great but I don't think they ever came in stainless. Nickel plate perhaps ? The younger guys swear by the Taurus revolvers for the money. Don't be such a pussy. 357 mag doesn't have television recoil. You can get silvertip hollow points in 38 special for your 12 year old to play with

Just before the production of the Colt Python ended I was at a gun store and seen one in polished stainless. I still regret not buying it but it was expensive to say the least.

The Python was originally available in two finishes: royal blue and bright nickel. The bright nickel model was discontinued with the introduction of the more durable satin stainless and mirror-polished Ultimate Stainless models.[2] The stainless steel and royal blue finishes were offered until 2003 by Colt on the Python "Elite" model.

Forum List

Back