Revisionist history focusing on 1/6 is getting louder.

Yes, the comment in bold is fiction. The speaker of the House does have the power to block an order from the commander in chief.

It is simple,

the commander in chief is in charge of the Executive Branch
the speaker of the house is in charge of the Legislative Branch

separation of power, and each have their own security that they are in charge of
Not in military matters. There is only one commander in chief of the armed forces.

DERP

Another demonstrably FALSE, right-wingnut, conspiracy theory that is easily debunked with a tiny amount of fact checking.
In fact it has been debunked.

The speaker of the House does not have the power to block an order from the commander in chief,” Drew Hammil, deputy chief of staff for Pelosi, told The Dispatch Fact Check via email. “This is fiction.”
a true statement, which is why this is called fiction

The speaker of the House does have the power to block an order from the commander in chief.

Not in military matters. There is only one commander in chief of the armed forces.

DERP
This was not a military matter, it was a protest by civilians.

Nancy Pelosi was in charge, per law, per procedure, per rules and regulations. The Capitol police report to Pelosi, through the chain of command.

We have the Capitol Police chief stating he twice asked for the National Guard and those requests were turned down.

The Capitol Police requests, were separate from the offer that Trump made that were turned down.

Yes, the comment in bold is fiction. The speaker of the House does have the power to block an order from the commander in chief.

It is simple,

separation of power, and each have their own security that they are in charge of
You are still wrong, and you will continue to be no matter how many times you repeat this.
This is a curious thing about MAGAts.
I guess you've learned it from your fake bronzed, pathologically lying, cult god.
You all believe that your horse shit misinformation is JUST AS credible as real facts and truths....
just because you believe it.
It isn't.
There's a difference.
Some things are factual and some things aren't.
All beliefs and opinions are NOT equally valid.

According to testimony by the Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund, he requested the National Guard and was denied.
You claimed that Pelosi specifically denied some kind of WH offer for NG Troops, not that requests were denied or delayed.

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Like Sund, Irving and Stenger have also since resigned their posts.

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser also wanted a light police presence at the Capitol. She reportedly wanted to avoid a similar scenario as last summer, when federal forces responded to demonstrators opposed to police abuses who assembled near the White House.

During Wednesday's violence, Bowser requested, and received, a limited force of 340 from the D.C. National Guard. Those troops were unarmed and their job was to help with traffic flow — not law enforcement, which was meant to be handled by D.C. police.

You are still wrong, and you will continue to be no matter how many times you repeat this.
This is a curious thing about MAGAts.
I guess you've learned it from your fake bronzed, pathologically lying, cult god.
You all believe that your horse shit misinformation is JUST AS credible as real facts and truths....
just because you believe it.
It isn't.
There's a difference.
Some things are factual and some things aren't.
All beliefs and opinions are NOT equally valid.
I just stated who protects the capitol building. It is protected by the capitol police, who report to congress. This is pure fact.

We also have the Capitol Police chief stating he requested the national guard and was denied by his chain of command. Which is Sergeant at Arms, then speaker of the house and senate, Pelosi and McConnel.

I have just replied with pure fact, your rant of a response has nothing that states what I have been posting is not fact.

We have the written law that proves what I posted is true.
We can listen to the Capitol Police chief and see that he confirms what I wrote is true.

You claimed that Pelosi specifically denied some kind of WH offer for NG Troops, not that requests were denied or delayed.
Where does the buck stop? Pelosi is where the buck stops. She is in charge. People have stated that she denied the requests for the national guard. The people making these claims are democrats.

Trump offered, the Capitol Police requested, both were denied.

The CIC of the military is one of the roles the Chief Executives have.

The Speaker of the House controls the House, one branch of the legislature.

When I took a first look at the "Politics" board this morning I found these three subject lines near the top of the page.

Trump says Pelosi is responsible for January 6 debacle, J6 committee wouldn't question her​

Tucker Carlson’s Latest Bombshell About January 6 Might Make You Rethink Everything

With more information about January 6, why it happened is now obvious​

Obviously, it's not a coincidence that RWM is seeking to further their goal of muddying the waters when it comes to the events of Jan. 6. And with remarkable efficacy given the testimonial, documentary, and visual evidence in the public sphere. At least among the rubes, not that they needed more convincing. They were on board with the various Orwellian conspiracy theories quickly introduced to absolve the mob Trump assembled from culpability from the get go. Turning reality on its head as only propagandists like Tucker Carlson can.

Why now more than ever? My guess, first and foremost, is because of the rulings in CO and ME. You can't regard Trump as being an insurrectionist if Antifa, the FBI, the fictitious deep state, Ray Epps, Nancy Pelosi, George Soros, and the heartbreak of psoriasis (have I missed any?) are really the ones responsible for blocking Biden's certification.

Secondarily, to lay the groundwork for rejecting a guilty verdict on the charges being prosecuted by Jack Smith. This Jack Smith.

One would think, with all we know about 1/6, these comical attempts to deflect blame would receive the derision they so richly deserve. The same could be said for the endless stream of unproven allegations directed at Old Joe for all manner of wrongdoing. But, in very discouraging ways, they work. The lies work. If only to cast some degree of doubt by virtue of the sheer number and repetition of them. Which is why we can expect the pumping up of the volume will continue.

The great MAGA gaslight seems to be running out of gas!

Where does the buck stop? Pelosi is where the buck stops. She is in charge. People have stated that she denied the requests for the national guard. The people making these claims are democrats.

Trump offered, the Capitol Police requested, both were denied.
No such offer has been documented. Requests were handled by the delegated authority of each chamber, the respective Sgt. of Arms for each branch. Neither the Speaker of the House nor the Majority Leader in the Senate made those decisions. They certainly didn't prevent the so called President from calling the NG up prior to or during the riot. Nor did they prevent him from calling off his rioting MAGA MOB dogs.

We also have the Capitol Police chief stating he requested the national guard and was denied by his chain of command. Which is Sergeant at Arms, then speaker of the house and senate, Pelosi and McConnel.
Do you suppose he was "denied by his chain of command" because none of these people had authority to activate National Guard troops?

Duh!

I just stated who protects the capitol building. It is protected by the capitol police, who report to congress. This is pure fact.

I have just replied with pure fact, your rant of a response has nothing that states what I have been posting is not fact.

We have the written law that proves what I posted is true.
We can listen to the Capitol Police chief and see that he confirms what I wrote is true.
It appears The Capitol Police Chief needs to better educate himself on the chain of command for the DCNG also.

The DCNG is the only National Guard organization in the United States that is always under the president’s command. In every other state and U.S. territory, National Guard forces are under local control unless called into federal service. The unique command structure of the DCNG is often mistakenly attributed to the fact that D.C. is not a state. But statehood is not a prerequisite, as evidenced by the fact that Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands all exercise command and control over their Guard forces. The real explanation is that Congress established DCNG’s command structure in 1889, when D.C. had no local government—a state of affairs that changed fifty years ago.

As a result of this outdated arrangement, if the mayor of D.C. wants to engage the DCNG in any of the ways that other local governments routinely use their Guard forces—such as supporting civilian authorities’ responses to natural disasters, public health crises, or riots—she must obtain permission from the Department of Defense. Under the most straightforward of circumstances, this hurdle would lead to some bureaucratic delay.

On January 6, the conditions were anything but straightforward, and the extent of the delay cannot be explained by mere bureaucracy. According to the Department of Defense’s official timeline and supplemental reporting, D.C.’s mayor and the U.S. Capitol Police requested deployment of the DCNG at 1:34 pm and 1:49 pm, respectively. Yet the Department of Defense did not approve deployment until 4:32 pm and did not convey that approval to the DCNG’s commanding general until 5:08 pm. In the intervening three-and-a-half hours, rioter Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot, and U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was attacked and sprayed with a chemical irritant, contributing to a fatal stroke several hours later. Four other U.S. Capitol Police officers who were on duty during those chaotic hours committed suicide in the days and months that followed

True to a point; the rightwing domestic terrorist attack and treasonous insurrection was part of that plot, to hold members of Congress hostage – and indeed hold Congress itself hostage – to prevent the certification of President-elect Biden’s win.

That’s why Trump did nothing for more than two hours while the attacked raged.
That is left wing conspiracy theory crap

Thus proving both sides are spreading disinfo

It was a riot. With no plot or plan.

It was not a terrorist attack. Anymore than the endless BLM riots were terrorist attacks.

both were represensible but nothing more than mindless riots

Forum List

Back